Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Jon really stood out in this issue. Standing up to Talia, reasoning with Manta, leading the charge against the zombies. My boy's a natural born leader.

Great characterization really makes up for the unnaturally flat head that this artist gives him XD
    Yeah, he looks more like Zan, the male Wonder Twin, there!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I also didn't have a problem with that page. I thought it was cute.

Jon really stood out in this issue. Standing up to Talia, reasoning with Manta, leading the charge against the zombies. My boy's a natural born leader.

Great characterization really makes up for the unnaturally flat head that this artist gives him XD
    When an Elseworld, an apocalyptic one at that, does a better characterization of one of the main characters than the main universe books do...

On a similar note, its also the only time I've seen Jason Todd be included in the Wayne family portrait.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Jon has his first on panel kiss in todays issue of legion..

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Disappointed but not surprised. Hope Clark already gave Jon "the talk". Especially when it told on that issue that Jon has 'romantical feeling' for Saturn Girl since the first time they've met, and Jon is still someone who was trapped on planet volcano since 10-11 for like 5-6 years, then after he came back he immediately got invited on LoSH . Since Saturn Girl is the one who invited him, and that was considered their first met, that means Jon had his feeling to Saturn Girl since that. Also implied that he joined LoSH and left his family after they finally met again because his attraction to Saturn Girl.

Bendis, until what you will be satisfied butchering our boy?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-29-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Bendis is pulling the same stunt he did with Jean in his All-New X-Men run only the telepath takes advantage of the opportunity get into the victim's pants. Awful
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Astonishing Member

Is this Jon's first kiss? For what it is, I don't hate it. However, now that I am older, I have grown to dislike/hate telepathy as a superpower. It just creeps me the heck out due to the heightened sense of invasion of privacy, I don't care if the victim "gives" permission which is often after said telepath has peaked through someone's thoughts, so that pretty much cancels their "asking/giving" of said permission. I feel a lot of people's agency gets compromised and there's simply no way around this skeeviness of the power for me. I would much rather Jon's (first) romantic anything not be with a telepath, it doesn't matter which or from which century. Just no. I grew up on Jean and Cyclops and now I can't stand that relationship, age has ruined it for me, same goes for the other version, Cyclops and Emma. Ick.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-29-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Disappointed but not surprised. Hope Clark already gave Jon "the talk". Especially when it told on that issue that Jon has 'romantical feeling' for Saturn Girl since the first time they've met, and Jon is still someone who was trapped on planet volcano since 10-11 for like 5-6 years, then after he came back he immediately got invited on LoSH . Since Saturn Girl is the one who invited him, and that was considered their first met, that means Jon had his feeling to Saturn Girl since that. Also implied that he joined LoSH and left his family after they finally met again because his attraction to Saturn Girl.

Bendis, until what you will be satisfied butchering our boy?
    you know he didn't have the talk or anything like that he was 10 years old, and then he was in a Volcano for who knows how long, got out came back shipped off to legion now he's kissing the most basic bitch in the group and Bendis expects us to think, "This is it!! This is the moment!" No this is gross and creepy and lf all the people in the group why is he kissing the most basic bitch there when he could have had the Triple Girls, Nura whatever or hell even Brainy, he's swapping tongue with the broad who looks and carries herself like a butch lesbian this was fail on every spectrum!

Astonishing Member

It's unlikely will last long anyway, judging by December solicits, so, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's unlikely will last long anyway, judging by December solicits, so, I don't care.
    We don't even know if Legion is cancelled after December this could be a thing for a while unfortunately.....

Astonishing Member

Jon was trapped in a volcano but he didn't return "immediately" after.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    you know he didn't have the talk or anything like that he was 10 years old, and then he was in a Volcano for who knows how long, got out came back shipped off to legion now he's kissing the most basic bitch in the group and Bendis expects us to think, "This is it!! This is the moment!" No this is gross and creepy and lf all the people in the group why is he kissing the most basic bitch there when he could have had the Triple Girls, Nura whatever or hell even Brainy, he's swapping tongue with the broad who looks and carries herself like a butch lesbian this was fail on every spectrum!
    Let me get this straight: the problem here is Jon is kissing a girl you don't like, because Saturn Girl looks like a "butch lesbian"? Despite the fact there's nothing wrong with a girl being butch or lesbian and nearly she's not completely lesbian if she's kissing him since he's a boy. How about maybe the fact that Jon likes her for who she is? Bendis may have his faults as a writer, but he's a brilliant writer in his own right, but this is more about shipping wars than whatever Bendis wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Let me get this straight: the problem here is Jon is kissing a girl you don't like, because Saturn Girl looks like a "butch lesbian"? Despite the fact there's nothing wrong with a girl being butch or lesbian and nearly she's not completely lesbian if she's kissing him since he's a boy. How about maybe the fact that Jon likes her for who she is? Bendis may have his faults as a writer, but he's a brilliant writer in his own right, but this is more about shipping wars than whatever Bendis wrote.
    Don't try to presume my feelings, at the end of the day I would have hated this kiss with anyone because it's creepy it sucks that it's Saturn Girl because I find her insufferable and her going for Jon makes her look a certain way too but thats beside the point. And Jon "likes her" this kiss had no build up at all, Legion has been going on for damn near a year with no indication these two had a thing for eachother this was a random and done for shock and awe Bendis just wanted a reaction you can hop on his Twitter and see that clear as day.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not that, jon was a kid.The character should be more focused on adventures and action. This is'nt about shipping. There is a contingent who don't want jon in a relationship at all. The character should be kept away from shipping nonsense,romance of that kind, drama.. Etc.The character has some shonen aesthetic and taken some of the troupes as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-29-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Ehh, we know DC starts future state in January which will likely have Jon as Superman, so it could continue