Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The thing is Dc doesn't want NW when they have Bruce. He would have to be in Titans for that to work or just make his own team

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well other than the Batman animated series origin for him.
    BTAS Tim was basically Jason with with Tim's name attached to him.

This character didn't had any elements of Tim that are not shared by all Robins. (Apart from maybe that he was good with computers, but that has imo more to do with the when they were introduced.)

The thing is Dc doesn't want NW when they have Bruce. He would have to be in Titans for that to work or just make his own team
    Then nightwing needs to be something different than diet batman. That's why Grayson worked so well as a concept that allowed dick to be different than just another batman.

I don't know why to take up Nightwing than leaving to be a spy. It's slightly weird. The only thing is him being cut off from the family and move somewhere else. I mean sure he can be in the League but that doesn't help him. At his peak was when he was in the Titans. He was best as a leader. We need him in a leadership role. Also, his love life no more if it's Babs or Starfire. Rather actually break the status quota. Make a new character that's actually interesting. Babs is too tied with Batman and Star with Titans. We need someone who is simply tied with Dick before anything else.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-30-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This is why I feel maybe he shouldn't appear too much in Batman comics. He can be in the family but he has his own life. This is why Dick can never be in a relationship because it breaks the status quote
    That's easier said than done and I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Dick Grayson is the most important Character in the batman world aside from Bruce and his folks.

he is the one one constant. before Alfred There was Dick. Bruce's 1st Family. The two character's grew together so it's kinda of difficult to separate him from batman.

For 80yrs he has been there and fan's expect him to be there. Some fans [a good number] want him and see him as Bruce's 2nd in command.

A batman in waiting. That unfortunately means that Dick will never emerge from Bruce's shadow because in the minds of so many fans that is where he belong's. For those fan's Nightwing is nothing but a place holder. A step to batman. Something Dick is doing while he waits for Bruce to kick the bucket or retire so Dick can then claim the ultimate prize that is the Cowl.

It's not so easy to separate Nightwing from batman.

Even as I want Dick to be more independent, I also see him as core to batman. I expect him to also always be there in batman's life and affairs [and vice versa] because he is Bruce's 1st family.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian being the blood son that was rejected by Bruce and made family by Dick is what sold me on the character.

he underlines and reminds us that family is more than blood. batman has this large found family. An essential part of the mythos.

Damian not only enhances the Batman mythos but Dick Grayson's as well.
    I love the little **** because he's a little monster. Also his sibling bond with Steph is amazing
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The Bat-Family of the main books should be Dick, Barbara, and Damian.

Huntress goes back to Earth-2.
    THERE ARE 2 HUNTRESSES! Wayne and Bertinelli. Wayne is an Earth 2 character and she should be with the JSA. Bertinelli is BoP and Batfamily. Bertinelli stays with the Batfam
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Current Bertinelli doesn't have any ties to Bruce whatsoever, and even before that she was more of a Question and Bird of Prey character imo. At the end of the day, Bruce doesn't have that much pull on her. So, she is out of the Batfam.

Tim. Honestly... I have never cared less about Tim than right now. In every way. I actually think it would be better to tie him to one of the Futures or another Earth and give him an important role there.

I agree that Dick needs to be let out of the Bat-shadow, but that would require the Titans to get out of the League's shadow. Hell, the Titans get more controlled in their stories' narratives by the JL than YJ and TT. But I don't think that requires Dick to be totally out of the Batfam. I mean, sure, editorial thinks that, but why? It's not as if they coordinate their stories or make lasting plans.

Dick Grayson is the most important Character in the batman world aside from Bruce and his folks.

he is the one one constant. before Alfred There was Dick. Bruce's 1st Family. The two character's grew together so it's kinda of difficult to separate him from batman.

For 80yrs he has been there and fan's expect him to be there. Some fans [a good number] want him and see him as Bruce's 2nd in command.

A batman in waiting. That unfortunately means that Dick will never emerge from Bruce's shadow because in the minds of so many fans that is where he belong's. For those fan's Nightwing is nothing but a place holder. A step to batman. Something Dick is doing while he waits for Bruce to kick the bucket or retire so Dick can then claim the ultimate prize that is the Cowl.

Even as I want Dick to be more independent, I also see him as core to batman. I expect him to also always be there in batman's life and affairs [and vice versa] because he is Bruce's 1st family.

There maybe is a way to balance it out but the question would be how? I guess the same way Gotham needs Batman we need to see why Bludhaven needs Dick.

Incredible Member

The original Batfamily was Alfred, Commisioner Gordon, Bruce, Dick, Ace, Kathy, and Betty. I miss Kathy and Betty

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well it also doesn’t hurt that he’s the antithesis of what people have come to think of with Robin.
    You mean an annoying and unlikable cuss? I mean, not the antithesis I'd like to see, but sure it is an antithesis.
    Not that i agree but... At least he has a hook not all Robin's can claim the same.
    True, but for some reason people love Dick anyway.
    Damian being the blood son that was rejected by Bruce and made family by Dick is what sold me on the character.

he underlines and reminds us that family is more than blood. batman has this large found family. An essential part of the mythos.

Damian not only enhances the Batman mythos but Dick Grayson's as well.
    Yeah, I'm just going to have to disagree with all that.

Astonishing Member

Damian needs more positive relationships with characters who aren't Dick. I like their dynamic, but Dick being the only person who can reign Damian in cheapens both their characters. There's more to Dick than being Damian's wrangler and Damian needs to learn how to function without crossing the line when Dick isn't around.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Damian needs more positive relationships with characters who aren't Dick. I like their dynamic, but Dick being the only person who can reign Damian in cheapens both their characters. There's more to Dick than being Damian's wrangler and Damian needs to learn how to function without crossing the line when Dick isn't around.
    When has Damian ever failed to function without Dick?

Just one example please and one that doesn't include the Editorial mandated Glass TT since that was a mandate to facilitate a decision that had already been made.

So yeah just one reminder.

He has a good relationship with Jon. It’s not like he can’t function without Dick. He just leans on Dick the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

True, but for some reason people love Dick anyway.
    Wonder why? The Hookless Robin. It's a wonder he's survived longer than most DC characters.