Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A sneak peek at Tarot #2 from artist Paul Renaud's tumblr. Valkyrie kicking butt!
    https://paulrenaud.tumblr.com/

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    A sneak peek at Tarot #2 from artist Paul Renaud's tumblr. Valkyrie kicking butt!
    https://paulrenaud.tumblr.com/

Thank you so much, Reviresco! You know how much I love Val and seeing her in action. Especially new action, lol.

Wow, she gave Thor a good kick to the head! Look at his wincing in pain! Val must be much stronger (as I have ALWAYS stated) than what Marvel officially says because otherwise she could not have done this to Thor. Val has also fought Hulk on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you so much, Reviresco! You know how much I love Val and seeing her in action. Especially new action, lol.

Wow, she gave Thor a good kick to the head! Look at his wincing in pain! Val must be much stronger (as I have ALWAYS stated) than what Marvel officially says because otherwise she could not have done this to Thor. Val has also fought Hulk on numerous occasions.
    I immediately thought of you when I saw this panel.

I think Thor is under the influence of Diablo, which may have something to do with this. But it's a lovely panel, nevertheless.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Brian Cronin did a cool article on the Defenders, or one particular issue, connection the band Rush, and how much the band appreciated it.

https://www.cbr.com/neil-peart-rush-defenders-homage/

Quote Originally Posted by Cronin
    It also has a great quote from Peart about the reference, "I read that issue and I enjoyed it. The Defenders was a pretty cerebral kind of comic. We were knocked out, and it really meant a lot to us. It was like real credibility. That tiny little line in the comic book meant more to us than a whole issue of Rolling Stone or anything else. It really means something to us because that's a real measure of respect. It's from another artist, and it's like the praise of the praiseworthy."

Brian Cronin did a cool article on the Defenders, or one particular issue, connection the band Rush, and how much the band appreciated it.

https://www.cbr.com/neil-peart-rush-defenders-homage/

That was a great issue--I believe the males were under the Red Rajah's influence--and fought against the females. Val Vs the Hulk!

That was a great issue--I believe the males were under the Red Rajah's influence--and fought against the females. Val Vs the Hulk!
    I don't remember much about this issue, but that's great that Val was fighting the Hulk.

I can definitely see the original Defender run have theme music by the 70s bands like Rush, or Blue Oyster Cult or Yes or Jethro Tull or King Crimson. Bombastic, but mystical.

I don't remember much about this issue, but that's great that Val was fighting the Hulk.

I can definitely see the original Defender run have theme music by the 70s bands like Rush, or Blue Oyster Cult or Yes or Jethro Tull or King Crimson. Bombastic, but mystical.
    If the old memory serves me, Issue #45 had a GREAT cover! Hellcat in the air fighting Nighthawk, Red Guardian (Tanya) swinging in hurling her belt-buckle at an angry Power Man (Luke), with front-and-center Valkyrie fighting Hulk with a large, Golden detailed Dragonfang!

TOTALLY agree with Rush, Blue Oyster Cult and Jethro Tull (don't know King Crimson) for mystical music! Music especially fits for that period of time.

The men were under the spell of the....Red Rajah!

I liked both the original and the New Defenders.

I actually came into Defenders with the Squadron Supreme/Overmind story a year or so before it became New Defenders.
    I liked the team's focus mostly on the supernatural and enjoyed the stories involving Dr. Strange, Clea, Hellstrom, Hellcat, Gargoyle, Scarlet Witch and Valkyrie.

The New Defenders got off to a good start and it had some great covers and promo ads.
    But I think what hurt it was how it suddenly became disconnected from its past.
    Cloud wasn't really much of an interesting character...
    Interloper and Manslaughter... uhm, okay...
    Andromeda was the only new member I felt actually belonged on the team.

Many years later, I would go back and read the older issues starting with the Six-Fingered Hand and determine that the era from #92 up to #124 was my favorite.

Characters I would've liked to have had more use in Defenders:

Ghost Rider
    Hercules
    She-Hulk
    Moon Knight
    Black Knight
    Scarlet Witch
    Talisman (Elizabeth)
    Spider-Woman (Drew)

Btw...
    Next year will be the Defenders' 50th anniversary.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I wouldn't be surprised if StrikeForce eventually "evolved" into the new Defenders title, especially since the outlook is to take on threats that the main Avengers team doesn't know about or just isn't poised to take on, potentially with lethal intent.

If the old memory serves me, Issue #45 had a GREAT cover! Hellcat in the air fighting Nighthawk, Red Guardian (Tanya) swinging in hurling her belt-buckle at an angry Power Man (Luke), with front-and-center Valkyrie fighting Hulk with a large, Golden detailed Dragonfang!

TOTALLY agree with Rush, Blue Oyster Cult and Jethro Tull (don't know King Crimson) for mystical music! Music especially fits for that period of time.

The men were under the spell of the....Red Rajah!
    It was a pretty cool cover.

It was a pretty cool cover.

Yeah! That's the cover! It looks even better than I remembered.

Glad to see I described it correctly for you-----been many years since I saw it.

Yeah! That's the cover! It looks even better than I remembered.

Glad to see I described it correctly for you-----been many years since I saw it.
    Well, then, you have an excellent memory.

Though, I find it so much easier to remember the books I read as a kid. I don't know if the covers were more memorable, or if I read those books so many more times, or what.

Paul Renaud, the artist for TAROT, has an interview on Marvel.com

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...th-paul-renaud

Well, then, you have an excellent memory.

Though, I find it so much easier to remember the books I read as a kid. I don't know if the covers were more memorable, or if I read those books so many more times, or what.
    Thanks!

Some covers just seem to "stick" in my mind, like this one, Defenders #47 (Val's great new costume#3 fighting Wonder Man) and Defenders #50: the Defenders vs Zodiak. When they do, I can visualize them with good accuracy. Part of my psychic talent I guess!

Thanks!

Some covers just seem to "stick" in my mind, like this one, Defenders #47 (Val's great new costume#3 fighting Wonder Man) and Defenders #50: the Defenders vs Zodiak. When they do, I can visualize them with good accuracy. Part of my psychic talent I guess!
    I need a psychic talent!