Page 98 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2012

We don't even know that there'll only be one person with each mantle. Currently, Hal Jordan stars in the Green Lantern solo book, but John Stewart and Jessica Cruz are in the Justice League titles. How do we know other heroes won't do something similar? Especially when Batman and Superman both have TWO solo books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    As much as I'd love him on a Titans book or something similar, he's also writing the lead-in to the winter X-Men event in Marvel's FCBD X-Men issue. So he could be referring to that.
    It's a DC thing he is teasing in the tweet, he teased another DC project before he couldn't talk about that wasn't suicide squad..

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    then they don't have to fall into the same tropes and relationships that their mentors did.
    Agreed. That's never been what I was implying. It was just assumed that's what I had in mind. The fact of the matter is if the Batman/Superman book continues into 5G then the thing most people reading will be wondering is "how do the new Superman and Batman get along? Are they even friends?" The same will go for whoever the new Wonder Woman is. There's a baseline of exception that need to be addressed simply because those characters are now more than just Jon, Luke, and whoever in and out of universe.

It's then up to the writer to either meet or subvert those expectations that come with the archetypes, and inject the personality of the specific character in. Taylor and Priest are two of the best I've seen of walking that line. Ideally I'd actually want a really, really character driven new Trinity book rather than a Batman/Superman book. Like it or not, Batman/Superman and the Trinity is an elephant in the room that will likely be address to some degree in some book (be it solo or team)

Short answer: no, I'm not assuming they'll be BFFs regardless of if they have a book together or not. But the idea of them needs to be addressed to some degree.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The idea of a batman/superman book that had clark and bruce in it continuing with jon and luke seems wierd to me. Just end the prior one. Why should the new gen have a trinity or worlds finest? Jon, luke and everyone else that took over the mantle are equal and in the same boat in that they are all unpopular all newbies to us. Why should a particular pair get priority and that too unearned one? If people are clamouring for or atleast like a dynamic. Then a book getting pushed makes sense. People read batman and superman for bruce and clark.These guys have history spanning decades. Their dynamic is sought after and has a demand. Even their first team up had a build up with covers and stuff. The characters themselves where popular. Neither jon nor luke are popular.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The idea of a batman/superman book that had clark and bruce in it continuing with jon and luke seems wierd to me.
    Okay. Cool. Counter: not too me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superman/Ra's al Ghul.

A book about Jon and Damian, as adults. Facing each others, because both wants to make the world better, but fundamentaly disagree on the means and the reasons for why it's going haywire.

How about that ?
    Last edited by Korath; 02-14-2020 at 12:27 PM.

That would be awesome, actually. If and especially, superman(jon) gets the superman sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Agreed. That's never been what I was implying. It was just assumed that's what I had in mind. The fact of the matter is if the Batman/Superman book continues into 5G then the thing most people reading will be wondering is "how do the new Superman and Batman get along? Are they even friends?" The same will go for whoever the new Wonder Woman is. There's a baseline of exception that need to be addressed simply because those characters are now more than just Jon, Luke, and whoever in and out of universe.

It's then up to the writer to either meet or subvert those expectations that come with the archetypes, and inject the personality of the specific character in. Taylor and Priest are two of the best I've seen of walking that line. Ideally I'd actually want a really, really character driven new Trinity book rather than a Batman/Superman book. Like it or not, Batman/Superman and the Trinity is an elephant in the room that will likely be address to some degree in some book (be it solo or team)

Short answer: no, I'm not assuming they'll be BFFs regardless of if they have a book together or not. But the idea of them needs to be addressed to some degree.
    Yeah, I agree with this.

Let's be honest, Taylor is destined to take over Harley's solo book at this rate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope not, I’m really enjoying Willamson on the book and I don’t want to see that cut short.
    I wonder if Williamson is writing 5G Flash since he's part of the Generations books.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    With luke and jon? That would be out of the blue. It mighy still have the old guard. Besides, why should the new generation have the old relationship? Build it up first.
    Personally, i am done witg jon and batcharacter. He already has damian. That's enough.
    But they've already killed the Super Sons, so at this point you may as well give Jon a new Bat he can be an actual peer to (more or less).

Don't take a personal. I just find Williamson kind of inoffensively meh. Nothing really wrong with his style technically, but also nothing that makes you remember it.

Plus Taylor has so much range and knows how to dance between archetype and character in a way that I want out of a Batman/Superman book, and even more so when that book is likely going to be about the new Batman and Superman.
    No worries, you’re not the first to complain about Willamson lol. For my own part I find Taylor to be an absolutely atrocious Superman writer even outside of Injustice. His Superman is way too stupid and Taylor relies on shock value that would make Johns blush. No interest in seeing him ever write the mainline Superfamily.

Priest on B/S would be interesting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's be honest, Taylor is destined to take over Harley's solo book at this rate...

I wonder if Williamson is writing 5G Flash since he's part of the Generations books.

But they've already killed the Super Sons, so at this point you may as well give Jon a new Bat he can be an actual peer to (more or less).
    Willamson will almost certainly have a 5G book but I’m not expecting it to be Flash. Feels like he’s reaching the end of his run with Paradox showing up.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-14-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Yeah! I am pretty burnt out with that. Jon and damian are brother in arms. You just don't swap in characters and dynamics. It doesn't work like that. Luke from what i have read isn't damian.
    Anyways, instead bringing back a dead dynamic a new character and jon. Why not give the kid a new relationship? Jon had interaction with greenlanterns. It wouldn't be out of left field.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-14-2020 at 01:47 PM.

I feel like it would be one depressing B/S run though.
    Willamson will almost certainly have a 5G book but I’m not expecting it to be Flash. Feels like he’s reaching the end of his run with Paradox showing up.
    I wonder what his final statement on the character and franchise will be by the end.

I still find it weird that they'd choose Luke to replace Bruce. Luke is supposed to be around Dick's age and even went to school with Dick for a bit while Jon is so much younger. I thought 5G was mostly supposed to be about the 4th and 5th generation taking over, so Tim, Duke or Damian would have made more sense to me (unless this is Lucius/Luke Fox III which would be quite the twist)

No worries, you’re not the first to complain about Willamson lol. For my own part I find Taylor to be an absolutely atrocious Superman writer even outside of Injustice. His Superman is way too stupid and Taylor relies on shock value that would make Johns blush. No interest in seeing him ever write the mainline Superfamily.

Interesting. I don't think I've heard those complaints about Taylor. I can't say that anything's really coming to mind regarding what you may mean.

I feel like it would be one depressing B/S run though.

I wonder what his final statement on the character and franchise will be by the end.
    But it would have some brains behind the grimness. I’m not opposed to some depressing stories, they can be entertaining, but only if they actually have something to explore or say about the characters. Priest writes a smart Batman, and his Superman wasn’t that bad either.

Willamson will be remembered for Godspeed and for giving Barry an origin. He’s also done a good job with Wallace and Avery imo. Otherwise I’m not sure what else he’ll be remembered for.
    Interesting. I don't think I've heard those complaints about Taylor. I can't say that anything's really coming to mind regarding what you may mean.
    It’s often been said that Johns writes the Donner Superman. Putting aside whether or not that’s true, my own personal option is that Taylor one-ups him: Taylor writes the pop culture Superman; nice, strong, very very ******* stupid. He charges an infected Flash in DCeased head on without wearing any armor which is just idiotic. And then after he unsurprisingly gets infected, he lingers around to give a pep talk even though he knows he’s putting everyone in danger, and unsurprisingly he doesn’t get away before the ALE takes him over. His escape plan was also idiotic, why not just go to the PZ where he can’t infect anyone? Him writing Lex Luthor even implying Batman might be smarter than him is just jaw droopingly out of character for Lex. Taylor is a Batman fanboy through and through. He can claim otherwise but he only writes a good Batman imo.

If you can point me to a story where Taylor doesn’t write Supes as an idiot I’d be happy to read it. But that’s how his Supes comes off to me.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-14-2020 at 03:13 PM.