Page 77 of 124 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/202...rated-demands/

Looks like todd lost one of his financers but I am sure he will get more help.

Anyway MK11 spawn trailer is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arlanes-spawn/

We have another rumor for spawn reboot for a villain role.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/10...ot-new-script/
    Also last year Todd is making changes for the new script.
    Josh would play a great Clown/Violator.

I'd rather they try to get a new Spawn animated series up again, try their luck there. Might be the cheaper and quicker option.

Were you able to snag a MK11 Spawn toy from Walmart.com? I hit it up too late, looks like it's sold out, but I will try again when it's available on Amazon.
    Last edited by KROENEN; 03-09-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    Josh would play a great Clown/Violator.

I'd rather they try to get a new Spawn animated series up again, try their luck there. Might be the cheaper and quicker option.

Were you able to snag a MK11 Spawn toy from Walmart.com? I hit it up too late, looks like it's sold out, but I will try again when it's available on Amazon.
    I already got mk11 last year and also look I uploaded the gameplay trailer and also spawn reboot had lost one of it’s benefactors hopefully they would get a replacement.

I meant the Spawn toy based on MK11 that was released yesterday. I have not heard of anyone who got one online yet. I will definitely grab one when I see it available, looks like the best rendition of Spawn yet (that has multiple points of articulation), plus a bad ass sword.

Fantastic Member

Gotta say Spawn in MK11 looks amazing! Great to have Keith David back as the voice and just so many little nods in that reveal that I think any Spawn fan would be happy with it. I was also happy to see the positive reception toward the character and trailer from most outlets which is great to see. Honestly, Todd should talk with Netherrelams about doing a Spawn game ala Shaolin Monks, but more modern of course, as I think their sensibilities mesh well with the character and franchise. Sure it probably won't sell as much as Mortal Kombat or Injustice, but I can dream. The new figure looks cool too and I'll see about getting it when it becomes more widely available by the end of this week.

As for the movie updates, I think the thing that makes me apprehensive the most about the whole project is the whole Todd being the movie director. He isn't one at all and this was something Michael Jai White talked about that it is a completely different skill set being a director and Todd has never done it before so the money troubles isn't all that surprising. His whole point about making the character look cool and badass I feel is the easiest thing to get across. Directors like James Wan and Leigh Whannell can easily nail the character down along with the story I feel. I think the animated route makes sense too to get a feel for things and honestly get the original animated series on Netflix would be a start.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 03-09-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Gotta say Spawn in MK11 looks amazing! Great to have Keith David back as the voice and just so many little nods in that reveal that I think any Spawn fan would be happy with it. I was also happy to see the positive reception toward the character and trailer from most outlets which is great to see. Honestly, Todd should talk with Netherrelams about doing a Spawn game ala Shaolin Monks, but more modern of course, as I think their sensibilities mesh well with the character and franchise. Sure it probably won't sell as much as Mortal Kombat or Injustice, but I can dream. The new figure looks cool too and I'll see about getting it when it becomes more widely available by the end of this week.

As for the movie updates, I think the thing that makes me apprehensive the most about the whole project is the whole Todd being a director. He isn't one at all and this was something Michael Jai White talked about that it is a completely different skill set being a director and Todd has never done it before so the money troubles isn't all that surprising. His whole point about making the character look cool and badass I feel is the easiest thing to get across. Directors like James Wan and Leigh Whannell can easily nail the character down along with the story I feel. I think the animated route makes sense too to get a feel for things and honestly get the original animated series on Netflix would be a start.
    Well he is getting a writer and looking for more support for polish. Did you read the current issues by now?

I agree about the Todd being a director being a bad idea to pitch. I can see that turn a lot of potential investors away, being good at crafting comics and being good at directing I would suspect are two different things, but maybe with the right 1st assistant director and support he can make it happen, it's not unheard of. I think he's just worried someone will not make it as dark as he wants it, and I applaud him for standing up for his vision of what a Spawn movie should be.

...and Netflix would be perfect to pick up the Spawn series again, right were it left off. I am so glad Keith Richards is still around to voice Al.

Mighty Member

Well he is already chaging the scirpt and letting another writer to polish it. Yeah SPawn is getting two more animated adaptions one for kids and the other for adults plus a Sam and Twitch tv show.

Fantastic Member

I have to catch up to the recent issues and I plan to do that pretty soon and looking to see where the series goes post-milestone.

I definitely think Todd should be on the writing team for sure and no doubt about it, but comparing the market in terms of directors and audience reception between now and when the original movie came out its night and day. The market is far more receptive to actual adaptions of comic characters and you have directors now that want to jump on an opportunity to do a comic film and break out in that way. Who knew the dude that did the Hangover films can pump out something like Joker, who knew that Wahtiti could do the best version of Thor (arguably), and of course The Russo Brothers with Captain America just to name a few. You have really good horror directors now that I think could do Spawn justice and while I understand Todd's want to be in the directing chair, I hope he reevaluates that stance and looks at the pool available and at the very least maintain his need for his own input to be incorporated because that I would not back down on.

Netherrelams revealed today their custom skin for Spawn which looks pretty cool and gives me Noob Saibot and Reiko vibes.

https://www.eventhubs.com/images/202...om-spawn-skin/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    I have to catch up to the recent issues and I plan to do that pretty soon and looking to see where the series goes post-milestone.

I definitely think Todd should be on the writing team for sure and no doubt about it, but comparing the market in terms of directors and audience reception between now and when the original movie came out its night and day. The market is far more receptive to actual adaptions of comic characters and you have directors now that want to jump on an opportunity to do a comic film and break out in that way. Who knew the dude that did the Hangover films can pump out something like Joker, who knew that Wahtiti could do the best version of Thor (arguably), and of course The Russo Brothers with Captain America just to name a few. You have really good horror directors now that I think could do Spawn justice and while I understand Todd's want to be in the directing chair, I hope he reevaluates that stance and looks at the pool available and at the very least maintain his need for his own input to be incorporated because that I would not back down on.

Netherrelams revealed today their custom skin for Spawn which looks pretty cool and gives me Noob Saibot and Reiko vibes.

https://www.eventhubs.com/images/202...om-spawn-skin/
    Agreed and with two animated adaptions one for adults and the other for kids and the Sam and twitch tv show along with the two more spin offs Sam and twitch true detectives and misery Todd is gonna need all the help he can get.

Mighty Member

https://twitter.com/Todd_McFarlane/s...45184657391616

Here is the preview of Spawn 306 with two new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Todd_McFarlane/s...45184657391616

Here is the preview of Spawn 306 with two new characters.
    Wow I take back some of my Philip Tan comments; that looks bad ass.

Good interview. Very interesting to hear back on how it was in 1995 as compared to today, and it sounds like Todd is working on some other non-Spawn related comics. 2020 should be an interesting year for the character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    Good interview. Very interesting to hear back on how it was in 1995 as compared to today, and it sounds like Todd is working on some other non-Spawn related comics. 2020 should be an interesting year for the character.
    Also Jamie Foxx is still casted as spawn and we are getting more spawn comics and spin offs probably sequel comics too.