Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PlayStation Productions

Sony Launches PlayStation Productions To Adapt Games For Film & TV!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...tv-studio/amp/

Fingers crossed for Jak and Daxter.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Fingers crossed for Jak and Daxter.
    ...I could swear they already had a movie...*googles it* Nope, I was thinking of Ratchet & Clank.
    Didn't PlayStation have a series of some dinosaur shooter games?
    Also two words - Parasite Eve.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Medievil animated movie please.

Shadow of the Colossus would be awesome.

Twisted Metal is the first one apparently. There hasn't been a new game in the series in quite a long time.....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Twisted Metal is the first one apparently. There hasn't been a new game in the series in quite a long time.....
    Oh my god! I totally forgot about Twisted Metal! I used to LOVE that game back in the day. It was kinda like having a Mortal Kombat version of Mario Kart if that makes sense.

You got a source for this?

I can see why it would be a good pick to try and adapt. First and foremost, it's easier to do in live action, which after the failure of Ratchet and Clank I imagine an animated movie isn't something they're in a hurry to dip their toe in, even if they didn't have their own studio back when that one was made. Plus having your own studio isn't the same as having your own animation studio, so live action will let them keep it more in house. Then there's the genre, the success of the Fast and the Furious franchise has proven there's an audience for car themed action movies. It'd probably be easier to make as a lower budgeted R rated film, and there's not exactly a glut of R rated movies these days so it would feel less likely to be competing with anything, which could help if they go down that route. So there's definitely a few reasons why it might make more sense to adapt this franchise than more recent games. Heck, they even have their own evil clown in this property, and with the success of It and possibly Joker that doesn't exactly hurt it none.

Lousy dang blasted double post...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    This is true.
    https://screenrant.com/twisted-metal...n-productions/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...I could swear they already had a movie...*googles it* Nope, I was thinking of Ratchet & Clank.
    Didn't PlayStation have a series of some dinosaur shooter games?
    Also two words - Parasite Eve.
    you mean the RE ripoff(?) dino crisis

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    you mean the RE ripoff(?) dino crisis
    Maybe, probably. I just want another dinosaur film series.

Holy crap, the Twisted Metal project is supposed to be a tv series? How the hell is that supposed to work? I mean, I only played the games from the 90's, so maybe they're different now, but the older ones sure didn't have enough story, character interaction or development, or plot really to carry the long form storytelling of today's television and streaming demands. Likewise, television doesn't have the budget to pull off the whole car carnage spectacle this franchise is about. How is this not a film? If you have a list of projects to take to film, and another to take to tv, Twisted Metal surely belongs on the former and not the latter...

Has there ever been anything in a tv series close to the demolition derby style action of the games?

Holy crap, the Twisted Metal project is supposed to be a tv series? How the hell is that supposed to work? I mean, I only played the games from the 90's, so maybe they're different now, but the older ones sure didn't have enough story, character interaction or development, or plot really to carry the long form storytelling of today's television and streaming demands. Likewise, television doesn't have the budget to pull off the whole car carnage spectacle this franchise is about. How is this not a film? If you have a list of projects to take to film, and another to take to tv, Twisted Metal surely belongs on the former and not the latter...

Has there ever been anything in a tv series close to the demolition derby style action of the games?
    Yes blood drive!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dipWCECpzj8
    Last edited by choptop; 05-28-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Still not convinced, there wasn't a whole lot of car action in that trailer considering the premise. Plenty of blood and violence sure, but not much wreckage going on...

Still not convinced, there wasn't a whole lot of car action in that trailer considering the premise. Plenty of blood and violence sure, but not much wreckage going on...
    It's not non-stop car wrecking no but it gets the job done if it's halfway as good as blood drive it'll be fine.