Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's probably the most attractive that Logan has ever been, although i think that people exxagerate how ugly he is, when i saw his face in Claretmont/Dave run i though that just looked normal, rough maybe and far from pretty, but nothing horrendous.

Also thanks for the Weapon Plus preview.
    Noseless Wolverine was really ugly though lol but yeah most of the time he looks normal, just a little hairy and ugly that's it. Although I do remember that during the Rucka's run, Logan looked really terryfying in some panels especially during the first arc.

You're welcome! I hope Sacks will do a good job with this one shot!

The preview for the the Wolverine vs Blade one shot is also available by the way:

Source: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...ade-special-1/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

He is not ugly. He is like a sexy hairy cowboy, that may not fit everybody taste but he is sexy on his own way, it is just that some artist draw him like a caricature too often.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He is not ugly. He is like a sexy hairy cowboy, that may not fit everybody taste but he is sexy on his own way, it is just that some artist draw him like a caricature too often.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's an abomination just that a lot artists have drawn him a little ugly and hairy for a long time but that doesn't mean he isn't sexy or cool in his own way especially with his Cowboy hat like you said!

Noseless Wolverine is ugly though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Because how it is handled, comic sites are announcing Logan new daughter like mine universe character. And because of Soule's tweet:

Well, it's not a proof per se, but as I said, its just handled like main universe story.
    Death can't be taken seriously, it's sometimes being undone in the next issues. As for the continuity mistakes... well, the writer is Soule... But we'll see I guess, I was just wondering.
    People editing the Wikia pages believe its in the 616. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sylvi...ss_(Earth-616)

If she were to be from another universe all those books on ebay will tank in price lol fortunate enough that my comic shop didn't 'misplace' my issue in someone else pull list, talking about misplacing books, i got someone elses order by mistake this week, it didn't have anything i read nor did it have an address for whoever's stuff i had so there all pointless books clogging up in my long box now.

Plus does anyone else have the feeling that Soule will try bring back Wolverines to throw in his leftover characters from previous books. Talking about leftover characters the guy has created at least one almost every run, you have Shogun in DOW, Fantomelle in Wolverines and Persephone in ROW, all who only pretty much only appeared in the book they debuted in, never taking off to becoming well and established characters. But then again it took Liefield years to get his big one, so i guess going for a Wolverine kid is the easy way through, just let the established name sell it self. Throwing in a book with Wolverine's daughter is enough to bank 50 quid solely on debut, no need for an important story tied to the character to raise popularity. It took Gabby's first appearance around 2 years to get to 40 quid and almost a decade for Daken to get anywhere decent, speculators are losing it by the day lol

I just finished reading the Weapon Plus one shot, it was interesting but too short unfortunately. Still we got some good reveals:

spoilers:
    The soldiers we see in the preview all looks like Steve, Fantomex is still dead but before his death he was investigating the Weapon Plus program with a the help of a journalist (she got killed) and thanks to those informations, Logan and Steve find a secret lab. The secret lab is full of different items from the Marvel Universe:

- Roxxon, Oscorp, S.I.C.K.L.E and Stane International furnitures
    - A foetus in a jar
    - The blue and red pills (that Nuke uses)
    - Several animals soldiers in stasis
    - The Weapon X helmet
    - A shield with a big Eagle on it
    - A ninja sword
    - An X-Ray of Logan skeleton and claw
    - A strange black matter in a stasis tube (looks like a symbiote)
    - Something that look like Luke Cage's headband

They also find several informations about the Weapon Plus project and more specifically a list:

Weapon 2: Brute Force (lead R.Pierce)
    Weapon 4: Sulfur (lead T.Sallis)
    Weapon 5: Venom (lead N.Fury)
    Weapon 6: Power (lead N.Burstein)
    Weapon 7: Homegrown (lead unknown, trigger: November uniform kilo echo)
    Weapon 9: Psyche (lead M.Hunt)

- Weapon 2: According to Morrison, Weapon 2 was supposed to be about animals experiments (We3 reference), we know that a Squirel was implanted with an adamantium skeleton and claw but we also discovered in this issue a weaponized bear, dolphin and I'm not sure but also something that look like the head of a Kangaroo. Also the symbol for Weapon II is a bear paw.

- Weapon 4: Looks like Man Thing (Ted Sallis + the logo of Weapon 4 is Man Thing) and well Ted Sallis was part of the project Sulfur

- Weapon 5: The Sym-Soldier Program headed by Nick Fury as seen in Web of Venom : Ve'Nam I believe

- Weapon 6: Luke Cage I think, especially after seeing the logo (it looks like Luke Cage's headband) and the name "N. Burstein". Also codename of the project is "Power" and well Luke Cage is "Power-Man".

- Weapon 7: Army alphabet: N(ovember).U(niform).K(ilo).E(cho) = NUKE

- Weapon 9: No clues right now something to do with mindcontrol maybe especially after seeing the logo. M.Hunt is not a name I remember hearing in the Marvel universe to be honest.

Adam the crazy captain America we see in this issue is called a "Weapon VI upgrade".

Weapon XXX is the last one, we don't fully see it but it seems to be really big (we only see its hand) and no matter what Billy Junger wants it to be a secret.

Billy Junger is the mastermind behind the current iteration of the Weapon Plus project, he joined the program in 1953 and is obsessed with Captain America, fighting communists and mutants. He's much more older than he looks, he was a kid in 1945 and decided to continue the fight after he heard that Cap and Bucky died that year. He used to work with the Professor (from the Weapon X project), he's crazy (obviously) and he's not really human anymore after having experimented on himself in the past (superstrength, slow aging apparently and maybe more).

Another thing to note, the Weapon X experiment happened in 1974.
    end of spoilers

As said before this is a really interesting issue with a lot of revelations but it feels more like a prelude of things to come. Some of those reveals will be explored in the next title: "Weapon Plus: Weapon Free" revealed at the end of the book that will focus on Weapon II, Weapon IV, Weapon V, Weapon VI and Weapon IX.

The art looks really good with a lot of details but unfortunately some panels are rushed especially the character's faces.

So yeah as a whole it's an interesting one shot especially if you like the whole mystery behind the Weapon Plus project, the characterization of both Wolverine and Captain America was good and Logan's new costume looks really good!
    Last edited by Hush; 07-10-2019 at 02:33 AM.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Ah nice! Thanks for the scans Snoop, I completely forgot about Brute Force and that MCP story!

spoilers:
    Now the Weapon II and Weapon IX reveals makes much more sense.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hush; 07-10-2019 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Added a spoiler tag

I always wonder it if it is good idea to expand stuff sometimes. This is what it was before

Weapon O – that was Isaiah Bradley.
    Weapon I – that’s Steve Rogers.
    Weapon II – an animal soldier programme, revealed as a squirrel with adamantium claws and other cyborg tech.
    Weapon III – was a mutant with elastic multi-sensory skin used as an Otherworld agent.
    Weapon IV, V and VI used a variety of convicts from ethnic minorities.
    Weapon VII, known as Homegrown resulted in Vietnam soldier being transformed, Nuke.
    Weapon VIII were experiments on criminals and psychopaths.
    Weapon IX was originally supposed to be Deadpool.
    Weapon X, that’s Logan.
    Weapon XII was Huntsman.
    Weapon XIII, is Fantomex.
    Weapon XIV were the Stepford Cuckoos
    Weapon XV was Ultimaton, powering the Super-Sentinels.
    Weapon XVI was Allgod, a living vial religion.

Now they have made even more interconnected to Marvel which in theory sounds cool but will it turn into something interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I always wonder it if it is good idea to expand stuff sometimes. This is what it was before

Weapon O – that was Isaiah Bradley.
    Weapon I – that’s Steve Rogers.
    Weapon II – an animal soldier programme, revealed as a squirrel with adamantium claws and other cyborg tech.
    Weapon III – was a mutant with elastic multi-sensory skin used as an Otherworld agent.
    Weapon IV, V and VI used a variety of convicts from ethnic minorities.
    Weapon VII, known as Homegrown resulted in Vietnam soldier being transformed, Nuke.
    Weapon VIII were experiments on criminals and psychopaths.
    Weapon IX was originally supposed to be Deadpool.
    Weapon X, that’s Logan.
    Weapon XII was Huntsman.
    Weapon XIII, is Fantomex.
    Weapon XIV were the Stepford Cuckoos
    Weapon XV was Ultimaton, powering the Super-Sentinels.
    Weapon XVI was Allgod, a living vial religion.
    If I'm not mistaken according to Rob Liefeld, Weapon XI was also originally supposed to be Garrison Kane.

Now they have made even more interconnected to Marvel which in theory sounds cool but will it turn into something interesting?
    It could go both way, but if done right it could strengthen the whole interconnected aspect of the Marvel universe in an interesting way, it could also lead to disaster as seen during the Way and Loeb Wolverine runs though lol.

I remember that after Morrison and Tieri, Aaron also teased the idea that "everything was somehow connected" (he also teased Weapon II) during his Wolverine's run:

Sacks one-shot was interesting, although it feel a bit short to me, his Wolverine wasn't bad either. Also i never expected Brute Force to be connected to Weapon X, i give Ethan a pat in the back for making me laugh.

@Hush
    Good call about Weapon V being conected to Cates Venom run, hopefully this is a good sing for Wolverine's future.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Sacks one-shot was interesting, although it feel a bit short to me, his Wolverine wasn't bad either. Also i never expected Brute Force to be connected to Weapon X, i give Ethan a pat in the back for making me laugh.

@Hush
    Good call about Weapon V being conected to Cates Venom run, hopefully this is a good sing for Wolverine's future.
    I completely forgot about Brute Force the first time I read this one shot, fortunately Snoop reminded me of this team and of Dr. Hunt but yeah I have to admit it makes sense, Sack did a good job with this one lol.

Yeah the dream of seeing Cates on the Wolverine relaunch is still alive Really impressive when you think how much his work on Venom ties with almost every corners of the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I completely forgot about Brute Force the first time I read this one shot, fortunately Snoop reminded me of this team and of Dr. Hunt but yeah I have to admit it makes sense, Sack did a good job with this one lol.

Yeah the dream of seeing Cates on the Wolverine relaunch is still alive Really impressive when you think how much his work on Venom ties with almost every corners of the Marvel universe.
    #Neverletthedream die

But yeah, it was a decent one-shot, maybe i would finally read that Old Man Hawkeye series that you people keep mentioning.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

#Neverletthedream die

But yeah, it was a decent one-shot, maybe i would finally read that Old Man Hawkeye series that you people keep mentioning.
    Very true

Old Man Hawkeye is really fun despite the ending being rushed unfortunately. Old Man Quill on the other hand has been a little disappointing but the twist in the last issue was good though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Very true

Old Man Hawkeye is really fun despite the ending being rushed unfortunately. Old Man Quill on the other hand has been a little disappointing but the twist in the last issue was good though!
    He is also writing Old Man Quill?. Does he like the William Munny archetype that much lol
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-10-2019 at 02:39 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He is also writing Old Man Quill?.
    Yeah, I think he mentioned that he's a fan of the Old Man Logan universe! Maybe he's going to do "Old Man Castle" next as teased during the Old Man Logan annual.