Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Sigh. Laura needs a break from Gabby asap.
    I miss Kyost's X-23.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Sigh. Laura needs a break from Gabby asap.
    I miss Kyost's X-23.
    Yup. She should dump Gabby at the institute and go on adventures with friends and old classmates.

I like Gabby but I don't think writers know how to fully utilize her yet.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Just got the book today, Goodnesses gracious was that bad. I could have sworn that it was written by Taylor. I can deal wit Gabby’s inane chatter. But it irks me to see Laura sounding like some teenager from an American tv sitcom. I hope that after the great first arc the book is not reverting to what it was under Taylor. X-23 is such a great character I don’t see why Marvel is not taking more care with such a great property.

I just finished reading #6. It was okay, but not as good as some of the other issues in this series. I know that comics need a stand alone issue between the bigger stories on occasion, but I actually think that this comic could have used a second issue to flesh the story out more. Maybe there will be a follow up issue with Suki.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Laura could always have Spider-Man (and Mary Jane, since they're back together now) babysit Gabby for her. I mention that chiefly because Tom Taylor, who created/introduced Gabby, is going to be writing Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man when the new year starts.
    I kind of hope not. Gabby gets enough panel time being Laura's sidekick. I really like Taylor's writing, and I am looking forward to reading stories where he makes use of Spider-Man's supporting cast. I hope that he leaves Laura's cast behind and moves on.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I like Gabby, but I want to see Laura sneaking out to go slaughter bad guys.
    Laura doesn’t get in nearly as much wholesale destruction of life and priperty as I’d like.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I like Gabby, but I want to see Laura sneaking out to go slaughter bad guys.
    Laura doesn’t get in nearly as much wholesale destruction of life and priperty as I’d like.
    Well, if she is allowed to kill a bunch of Multiple Man dupes, your likely to get your wish.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well, if she is allowed to kill a bunch of Multiple Man dupes, your likely to get your wish.
    i know i'm pumped

X-Force #20 is the crown jewel of Laura's tenure at Marvel.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Not a lot of depth, but a fun breather between the heavier stuff. Could've been better, but I'll take it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)