Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What does he bring to the table that they could not get the same thing from going to a library? Everything he knows he got from books, and those books are still just sitting there in empty libraries. It is not like he has practical experience in anything. I doubt he ever loaded a bullet before in his life, and had only read about how to do it. Anyone can do that. Plus a big chunk of Eugenes skill is just the fact that he is master bullshitter. He could be replaced very quickly.

It does not matter how skilled he is at this point. Trust is huge in this world they live in and no one trusts him. Not even a little bit.
    If all they needed were books, I imagine someone would have done it by now. He's a quick study, all things considered.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I said this in the TWD comic thread years ago, and people vehemently disagreed with me. Even when i brought it up in the season 5 thread. But I don't think Eugene was intended to be a fraud in the comics. Kirkman just chickened out when readers complained about the set up of Eugene. I think Kirkman had big plans for him.... originally. But after the reveal Eugene became a background character in the comics. If, true i really wish Kirk had seen Eugene's arc through to the bitter end.
    People disagreed because Kirkman has always said...there will never be a cause or solution to how this happened. Eugene being a genius scientist would have been a big test on what Kirkman has always said about his series. People would have said , oh Eugene should solve this then. When is Eugene gonna solve this finally ? Also his big arc is happening right now in the comics.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People disagreed because Kirkman has always said...there will never be a cause or solution to how this happened. Eugene being a genius scientist would have been a big test on what Kirkman has always said about his series. People would have said , oh Eugene should solve this then. When is Eugene gonna solve this finally ? Also his big arc is happening right now in the comics.
    They said that then too lol. Look, i give Kirkman the benefit of the doubt but. I do recall someone having a alternate theory, saying that kirkman didn't so much abort a arc, as he just decided not to kill Eugene before the reveal because Kirkman wanted to keep his science guy around.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If all they needed were books, I imagine someone would have done it by now. He's a quick study, all things considered.

The truth. I could read a book on how to make bullets and would still be unable to make bullets when I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    They said that then too lol. Look, i give Kirkman the benefit of the doubt but. I do recall someone having a alternate theory, saying that kirkman didn't so much abort a arc, as he just decided not to kill Eugene before the reveal because Kirkman wanted to keep his science guy around.
    Kirkman constantly changes his mind on killing characters or not in the comics. Michonne originally was supposed to die early in the series after the prison arc. But became a popular character and he chose to keep her around. He was originally gonna kill Glenn at #75 but decided to make that death at #100. Abraham he regretted killing so early and wished he had waited as he claimed.

So could Eugene have been a death he changed his mind on...sure. But was he always gonna be a scientist ...nope.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With the hype about the finale being a game changer and a finale to the first 8 seasons, part of me wonders if it's Rick that actually dies, and that's maybe why Morgan runs away.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    The truth. I could read a book on how to make bullets and would still be unable to make bullets when I was done.
    Point of fact, didn't Eugene give Rick written instructions on how to make bullets? IIRC, that was around Glenn was killed, so why doesn't Rick have his own bullet farm?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    With the hype about the finale being a game changer and a finale to the first 8 seasons, part of me wonders if it's Rick that actually dies, and that's maybe why Morgan runs away.
    Highly doubt Rick is going anywhere. The game changer will likely be a significant time skip, the "finale" to the first 8 seasons of storyline being Rick entering that place of peace that Carl wanted for him. And with said time-skip the reveal of an older, and more central to the plot version of Judith (to take over Carl's role).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think what will happen ....Carol dies , saving Morgan at the end. The death rattles him to his core as well as Rick. At the end he departs as Rick tries to get him to stay. But Morgan feels he's already lost himself too much and leaves.

Point of fact, didn't Eugene give Rick written instructions on how to make bullets? IIRC, that was around Glenn was killed, so why doesn't Rick have his own bullet farm?
    Because it takes them having to find the materials , the person who can oversee the production (how many are Eugene who is doing this ?) and the factory to do it in. Does Rick and company waste time doing all 3 ? (Eugene brings up a point Negan has the materials and he knows the factory to make bullets)

Ultimate Member

Because it takes them having to find the materials , the person who can oversee the production (how many are Eugene who is doing this ?) and the factory to do it in. Does Rick and company waste time doing all 3 ? (Eugene brings up a point Negan has the materials and he knows the factory to make bullets)
    Rick had the instructions prior to Eugene being taken, and frankly, what the hell are the rest of the red shirts doing?

Frankly, he could have given the instructions to the Kingdom, and they'd probably have enough bullets to end this already

Rick had the instructions prior to Eugene being taken, and frankly, what the hell are the rest of the red shirts doing?
    Having instructions doesn't mean that many of these folks would know how to prepare or make bullets. A fact Eugene has to lead making bullets for Negan right now. Also the red shirts are all fighting in this pretty much. They don't all have time to hunt for materials and find a factory to stay hidden and make bullets.

Frankly, he could have given the instructions to the Kingdom, and they'd probably have enough bullets to end this already
    Its pretty clear the Kingdom , Alexandria and Hilltop did not have the materials needed to create bullets. The Saviors had pretty much hoarded a lot and had a smelter as Eugene brings up. They have the raw materials there. Rick and company could have wasted time perhaps trying to find folks good enough to follow directions on making bullets and then finding a good factory space as well as materials. But it pulls resources away as the overall plan was to take down all the outposts and take down the Saviors numbers.

Ultimate Member

Having instructions doesn't mean that many of these folks would know how to prepare or make bullets. A fact Eugene has to lead making bullets for Negan right now. Also the red shirts are all fighting in this pretty much. They don't all have time to hunt for materials and find a factory to stay hidden and make bullets.

Its pretty clear the Kingdom , Alexandria and Hilltop did not have the materials needed to create bullets. The Saviors had pretty much hoarded a lot and had a smelter as Eugene brings up. They have the raw materials there. Rick and company could have wasted time perhaps trying to find folks good enough to follow directions on making bullets and then finding a good factory space as well as materials. But it pulls resources away as the overall plan was to take down all the outposts and take down the Saviors numbers.
    Rick had time to try to make a bullet farm long before waging war on Negan.

Honestly, have we even seen those directions acknowledged/addressed, or has that been one of a million plots to fall to the side?

Rick had time to try to make a bullet farm long before waging war on Negan.
    If you mean episodes where he was hunting down guns and trying to arm Scavengers and was on a time table to get this done ?

Honestly, have we even seen those directions acknowledged/addressed, or has that been one of a million plots to fall to the side?
    Well considering Rick had no guns to speak of before he armed the Scavengers and was hunting for days with Michonne as well as after this attacked the out posts with Dwight's planned help in a time table they had running its a plot that really wouldn't have worked at all given the situations we saw.