Page 585 of 782 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat hovers next to the dome saying "Hey Parsley I think I might be able to breach the dome by burrowing under it!"
    "Stay back until I say otherwise," Parsley said.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Stay back until I say otherwise," Parsley said.
    Praxat replies to this saying " right I better not tempt fate." " that dome that surrounds this entire continent probably extends underground."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-07-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Before Leaving the Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Cyanna was outside on the plaza when she heard the soft sounds of crying. It took her a few minutes to realize where it was coming from.

Taking to the air, she levitated upwards until she was close enough to see the sad goddess, clinging to her pet dragon.

Moving in closer, "Whats' wrong? Why are you crying?" she spoke gently. "Do you want to talk?"

She then took a seat nearby, "You have a beautiful dragon. What's his name?"
    A voice from the side. Gentle though it was, a note of dread rang through Asha'rah's being. She was seen. So self-absorbed had she been in her own grief, she had lost all sense of her surroundings. And now a god was weeping before a mortal, emotionally entangling herself with indivi...

“Until you reaffirm yourself to that seat from which you are banished, no, from where you stand among us this will not be enough,” Ochazuke said, his face as stone.

No, she supposed, that was not enough. The state of the universe was long past the stage of an experiment, any grand scheme for the gods to seek inspiration or to cultivate mortals to grow and perhaps surpass them long since over. It was difficult to get out of habits ingrained almost literally since the dawn of time. No doubt she would fail to remember this lesson again and again in times to come, often without ever realizing it. But today, here, she remembered.

Still, how did one relate one’s problems to a relative eyeblink of a life? Cyanna stood before her, young even by her own species’ standards. Asha’rah had never had a problem speaking to the young from a position of strength. But from one of weakness, that was new to her.

Tiangou stirred in her arms, and Asha’rah felt an opening to lead through introduction.

“Greetings, Cyanna. Her name is Tiangou, the Sun Eater. She is a loyal friend, brimming with love of life.”

Tiangou had been downcast, sharing Asha’rah’s mood, but roused herself to nuzzle Cyanna’s cheek, whiskers tickling the Chromakian’s nose.

“You seem nice!” The miniature dragon said.

Then to the question asked. Did she want to talk about it? Did she? Asha’rah did not know. But Cyanna strove to know, and Asha’rah would respond. She sighed.

“Have you ever known a loved one who turned against you? Who you once counted on and sacrificed for, who you shared many hardships with? And you didn’t know when, didn’t see it coming, but somehow their regard for you eroded with time, and it seems all of a sudden you are nothing in their eyes?”

She turned her gaze to the sun, cloudy hair breaking its rays into brilliant reds, oranges, purples and blues even as it failed to float as weightlessly as it usually did.

“Have you ever known that a single apology, an admission of fault would at least begin to mend the wound? But that the apology would be a lie, a disservice to yourself and an insult to the one you would utter it to? Have you ever loved someone and have them grow to despise you?”
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-08-2019 at 01:35 AM.

still on the Lookout but far away from Grinthorn . Althena hears a whining sound like that of a dog whining. she goes to check out the noise and what she finds is Aoszer frantically look for his master Praxat. The vog sniffs around and whines constantly.

so Althena comforts Aoszer saying " there it's going to be alright you're master is going to be back." " she along with a few others are in alternate time line right now. " " they're on a mission to stop a very bad man from screw with time." the sound of Althena's voice comforts Aoszer, being a vog Aoszer can't fully understand what Althena is saying to him , but he can understand her body language . as for why he's on the Lookout Praxat his owner deem it the safest place for him where he wouldn't get into any trouble.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-08-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post

A voice from the side. Gentle though it was, a note of dread rang through Asha'rah's being. She was seen. So self-absorbed had she been in her own grief, she had lost all sense of her surroundings. And now a god was weeping before a mortal, emotionally entangling herself with indivi...

“Until you reaffirm yourself to that seat from which you are banished, no, from where you stand among us this will not be enough,” Ochazuke said, his face as stone.

No, she supposed, that was not enough. The state of the universe was long past the stage of an experiment, any grand scheme for the gods to seek inspiration or to cultivate mortals to grow and perhaps surpass them long since over. It was difficult to get out of habits ingrained almost literally since the dawn of time. No doubt she would fail to remember this lesson again and again in times to come, often without ever realizing it. But today, here, she remembered.

Still, how did one relate one’s problems to a relative eyeblink of a life? Cyanna stood before her, young even by her own species’ standards. Asha’rah had never had a problem speaking to the young from a position of strength. But from one of weakness, that was new to her.

Tiangou stirred in her arms, and Asha’rah felt an opening to lead through introduction.

“Greetings, Cyanna. Her name is Tiangou, the Sun Eater. She is a loyal friend, brimming with love of life.”

Tiangou had been downcast, sharing Asha’rah’s mood, but roused herself to nuzzle Cyanna’s cheek, whiskers tickling the Chromakian’s nose.

“You seem nice!” The miniature dragon said.
    Cyanna smiled and gently touched her head, "Tiangou, that's a pretty name. You seem nice too. I hope we can be friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Then to the question asked. Did she want to talk about it? Did she? Asha’rah did not know. But Cyanna strove to know, and Asha’rah would respond. She sighed.

“Have you ever known a loved one who turned against you? Who you once counted on and sacrificed for, who you shared many hardships with? And you didn’t know when, didn’t see it coming, but somehow their regard for you eroded with time, and it seems all of a sudden you are nothing in their eyes?”

She turned her gaze to the sun, cloudy hair breaking its rays into brilliant reds, oranges, purples and blues even as it failed to float as weightlessly as it usually did.

“Have you ever known that a single apology, an admission of fault would at least begin to mend the wound? But that the apology would be a lie, a disservice to yourself and an insult to the one you would utter it to? Have you ever loved someone and have them grow to despise you?”
    Cyanna looked at Asha'rah, then looked down before responding, "Not me, I never had many friends. But it does sound like Meagan and her first boyfriend."

She looked up, her expression somewhat distant, "He recruited her for the resistance after she left the Orphanage. After a year of fighting together, they were becoming very close. They even had their first kiss." her face then twisted slightly int a half smile, "Which reminds me, Charco still owes me a kiss."

Her feet swung off the edge of the building as her smile faded, "Meagan's boyfriend, on their last mission together, he turned on them. Betrayed them to the Nagadarr. Sis was heartbroken, but before they even had a chance to make up, the Nagadarr killed him, in front of her, in front of everyone. I think that hurt her more than his betrayal, losing him forever. Never having a second chance."

She then smiled gently again, "After the war, after she became Guardian, she looked into it and found out that the Nagadarr were holding his family hostage at the time. So she set the record straight and added his name to the list of war heroes on the remembrance monuments."

"Sometimes friends do things that hurt each other. And sometimes things aren't always what they seem. It doesn't have to be forever though. Not unless your friend dies and there are no Dragon Balls to bring them back."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-08-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Fight with the man with the Crimson Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The two closest pop, the furthest one away having used the multi-form to buy time. Crimson energy burns the sky as a Crimson Taiyoken seeks to blind Ochazuke.
    Ochazuke's eyes stilled, narrowed, then shut completely. The ruby red light, so familiar to him where Zaofan would turn his gaze toward another and for the moment throw himself into the battlefield as a shield for others, pronounced itself in much the same manner with this double. The manner in which they were rendered, however, pronounced the differences between them all the clearer.

"You are the stronger, aren't you?" he grimaced "The swifter, indeed?"

The Ruby light he'd known illuminated the field such that not a single shadow remained, leaving the enemy totally exposed as all was concealed. But this Crimson sight was characteristically decisive, burning in its aggressive assault as it struck still into his closed eyes.

"Deceit, shrouds, and the use of blind angles," Ochazuke remarked. "In a world beset by Ruination, it seems the art of an assassin must have served you well..."

Of this bloody vision, he grinned under the duress of the flash as he lift his right hand before him and started walking forward to the centre of the light.

A move that seemed to go against all sense. After all, these were the same tactics he'd used earlier in their duel to momentarily seal the Sheriff's movements.

"...ans yet, there is far more at stake here than your life, isn't there?"

The difference between them, however, was Ochazuke did not need his eyes to see. As he stepped deeper into the burning red, the Crimson Taiyoken began to ripple and thin around his frame, folding under the spectral fire of Karura no Kaen, and light itself seemed to thaw and melt away before the hand he raised before him. As he advanced toward Zaofan, he tracked his position through kinetic listening through his meditatonal field, and swiftly grounded his position upon the Woven Path.

The Dodonpa in his rear left hand continued to charge.

It does not take long for the assorted fighters of AT3 to arrive before a shimmering dome that surrounds the entire North Continent.
    Behind Erosa, Parsley and Nevanlinna, Ochazuke touched down opposite of his Alternate and began to survey the dome as well. Among the blackened trees and stilled snows, he was awash in a certain nostalgia. But where he had known a verdant place, once that stood atop ancient roots concealed deep within the sleeping snows, here in the frozen scentless air his nose curled.

The scent of rot and death is all around.

His pace stilled as he surveyed the barrier.

"Is this meant to impede the way in? Or the way out?"

Indeed where he surveyed it through Kyokushin Keihatsu, it seemed to be a vast complex of energies, a patchwork of several different intentions rendered through a latticework of what he took to be spellcraft as had been recounted. His senses imbued further through the resonance of Muhen Seikai Keihatsu echoing the presence - or resultant lack thereof - from the dying Earth below their feet...and the cloister of the denizen within the dome. And yet further in, a target that stood apart from the rest.

The fragment of Time. It would be in the darkest reach of the North.

"As you said before, this is not Etrina's barrier alone, for she would sooner seek to depart from this place," he said to his double. "But we are miles from Capital City. That has not escaped her grasp. If she continues to drain the planet's life energy, I don't suppose much else will."

He drew in a slow inhale, then breathed out a low, burning fog. Despite the embers of the Dragon School set deep in his being, where he stood with his feet entrenched on the concealed black earth, he shivered.

"The spellcraft renders itself clearly, but what has been your method to keep Etrina at bay?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-08-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The barrier is a layered Ward, meant to keep Etrina specifically from leaving the North Continent.

Alt Ochazuke hovers near it.

“We tried to convince the small mage community we have to lower the wards, but they never complied. Totoma and I have tried brute force, or even finding a weak point to strike at. Neither works. I have tried to find a spiritual point from which to strike or rend away, but the Magic’s here are clever. It can learn to resist new types and methods of attack. Perhaps anti-magic can let us open a window large enough to get into the sealed off area.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 01-08-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The barrier is a layered Ward, meant to keep Etrina specifically from leaving the North Continent.

Alt Zaofan hovers near it.

“We tried to convince the small mage community we have to lower the wards, but they never complied. Totoma and I have tried brute force, or even finding a weak point to strike at. Neither works. I have tried to find a spiritual point from which to strike or rend away, but the Magic’s here are clever. It can learn to resist new types and methods of attack. Perhaps anti-magic can let us open a window large enough to get into the sealed off area.”
    "Does this barrier simply absorb attacks or does it give some kickback?" Blizzar inquired.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Does this barrier simply absorb attacks or does it give some kickback?" Blizzar inquired.
    “Absorbs.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"What about teleporting inside? Or somethin' similar." Dash spoke as she examined it without getting too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "What about teleporting inside? Or somethin' similar." Dash spoke as she examined it without getting too close.
    Alt Dash shake sher head.

“Doesn’t work. The males did good work.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Alt Dash shake sher head.

“Doesn’t work. The males did good work.”
    Dash gave her a skewed looked, "Don'tca' mean the mages did good work? Or are we gettin' a little boy crazy in our old age?"

Totoma floated near the barrier, waiting for Parsley and Nevanlinna to do their work. Alternate Ochazuke explained the various means he and, uh, ALTotoma had used to try to pierce the barrier. Brute force didn't work, neither did striking at weak points, teleportation... heh, well, he didn't know much about magic, but it seemed like a pretty solid defense. Though, something seemed... off?

"Okay, uh, so... this is a magical barrier meant to keep things out... or in, right? Pretty much Etrina proof. But, uh... I would assume her monsters are magical in nature, so how in the heck is she getting them through the barrier, and why doesn't she just use whatever that method is to get herself out?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"A layered ward, hm?" Magical defenses of this caliber were only devised for the most dangerous of beings. She supposed Etrina Alter fit into that category.

Brute force obviously wouldn't work. Anti-magic seemed the way to go. A small, localized point should have opened a doorway big enough for them to all slip through. Since it wasn't Etrina's magic, but rather some other party's, she shouldn't detect them when they enter. That was unless she had some kind of surveillance spells up and running.

She cracked her knuckles and gently placed her hands on the dome. "Focus here," she said to Nevanlinna. The next moment, Muda Phase Two began to drain a 5 ft. x 5 ft. area in order to open a doorway for them to enter.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!