Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default When will the invincible Ironman change its title to Ironheart?

So in the most recent issue of invincible ironman Riri finally decides to be named Ironheart, when will her book title be changed to reflect that? It just seems odd now. She was even introduced as Ironheart in this weeks moongirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So in the most recent issue of invincible ironman Riri finally decides to be named Ironheart, when will her book title be changed to reflect that? It just seems odd now. She was even introduced as Ironheart in this weeks moongirl.
    No, the name "Iron Man" sells better than "Ironheart" ever could.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

It will happen once Stark finally wakes up and reclaims his book and identity, allowing Marvel to bring out a new Ironheart book for Williams. Don't know when that will be though.Maybe in a years time?

Probably after the next big Marvel event when half the titles get relaunched

BANNED

Not really odd. Tony's still as much a main character as Riri, even though he isn't in the armor. Eventually Tony will come back so why get rid of the name? Will Riri get spun off into her own solo eventually? Maybe. Doesn't seem like an issue to be all that concerned about one way or the other.

She was also called a false Iron Man by Doctor Doom(bot), lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No, the name "Iron Man" sells better than "Ironheart" ever could.
    Well, that is deceptive advertising by Marvel. I'm not that stupid to fall for it. I'll buy Iron Man once it is about Iron Man again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Well, that is deceptive advertising by Marvel. I'm not that stupid to fall for it. I'll buy Iron Man once it is about Iron Man again.
    Not deceptive advertising. No one's hiding the fact that Riri is being mentored by Tony. So there's nothing to "fall for". If the only way you'd buy an Iron Man comic is if it's Tony in the armor, you'd also have had to have skipped the entire era when Rhodey was IM and Tony was passed out drunk in a gutter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not deceptive advertising. No one's hiding the fact that Riri is being mentored by Tony. So there's nothing to "fall for". If the only way you'd buy an Iron Man comic is if it's Tony in the armor, you'd also have had to have skipped the entire era when Rhodey was IM and Tony was passed out drunk in a gutter.
    Well, in my opinion it is still deceptive advertising. At least in the Demon in a Bottle era Rhodey was still acting as Iron Man. I have nothing against Marvel if they want Riri Williams as Ironheart, that's fine by me but change the book to that title don't pass it off as Iron Man because it really isn't.

Incredible Member

My deal is she isn't iron man, she's still a character I enjoy reading but she goes by Ironheart. She has even stated she's not iron man or even iron woman but Ironheart. That's like me opening up spider-man or ASM and expecting to read miles or peter but seeing Anya or Mattie.

I nevwe read comics back when Rhodes was in the armor But it's my understanding that he as a hero refered to himself as ironman. While Riri is not referring to herself as such but as Ironheart.

Like Laura going by wolverine works because she refers to herself as wolverine not another alias.
    Last edited by Bossace; 01-25-2017 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

Well, in my opinion it is still deceptive advertising. At least in the Demon in a Bottle era Rhodey was still acting as Iron Man. I have nothing against Marvel if they want Riri Williams as Ironheart, that's fine by me but change the book to that title don't pass it off as Iron Man because it really isn't.
    Seeing as Riri is a main selling point of the book currently, there's no "deception" involved. It's not as though anyone is buying a new IM issue because Tony is shown on the cover in his armor only then for this unwitting, incredibly oblivious customer to discover once they read a page or two that Tony's been replaced by a young girl. Marvel's very open about what the contents of the book are. If people are buying the book, it's because they want to see what's up with Riri. And for Tony fans, it's still essential because A.I. Tony is a blast.

This complaint actually falls under the old, oft-revisited "Why doesn't Marvel create new minority heroes that can stand on their own?!?" category which has been discussed ad nauseam on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    It will happen once Stark finally wakes up and reclaims his book and identity, allowing Marvel to bring out a new Ironheart book for Williams. Don't know when that will be though.Maybe in a years time?
    This, I give it 1 maybe 2 years.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Incredible Member

Seeing as Riri is a main selling point of the book currently, there's no "deception" involved. It's not as though anyone is buying a new IM issue because Tony is shown on the cover in his armor only then for this unwitting, incredibly oblivious customer to discover once they read a page or two that Tony's been replaced by a young girl. Marvel's very open about what the contents of the book are. If people are buying the book, it's because they want to see what's up with Riri. And for Tony fans, it's still essential because A.I. Tony is a blast.

This complaint actually falls under the old, oft-revisited "Why doesn't Marvel create new minority heroes that can stand on their own?!?" category which has been discussed ad nauseam on these boards.
    I was wondering when you would pull out the race card. Sorry, but teenage girl genius with the ghost of Tony Stark sidekick just isn't in my wheelhouse. You and I could probably go back and forth all day on this but we are going to just have to agree to disagree.

BANNED

I was wondering when you would pull out the race card. Sorry, but teenage girl genius with the ghost of Tony Stark sidekick just isn't in my wheelhouse. You and I could probably go back and forth all day on this but we are going to just have to agree to disagree.
    I didn't pull out the race card. It was already on the table. Your complaint is that Riri shouldn't be sold under Tony's code name. That's the same exact same complaint that always gets made when a legacy hero is introduced - typically female and minority legacy heroes - that they should exist as their own character, not riding the coat tails of an established hero.

I didn't pull out the race card. It was already on the table. Your complaint is that Riri shouldn't be sold under Tony's code name. That's the same exact same complaint that always gets made when a legacy hero is introduced - typically female and minority legacy heroes - that they should exist as their own character, not riding the coat tails of an established hero.
    So you're saying she shouldn't exist as her own character, not riding the coat tails of an established hero?

Is it racist to buy a comic called "Invincible Iron Man" and expect to see that guy from the Iron Man movies in it?