Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    it was such a nice surprise to see Marie Ange involved in this issue... I wish we had more of her and the other original Hellions... Empath is underused too... it would be so nice to see them in their own book. And also, out of the blue, SWORD.. but of course! well done !

Having said that, the issue was very very good and coherent and Pepe´s art was fantastic (though it is getting harder and harder to distinguish Emma and Saturnyne... her interactions with M were taken from the original GenX... they had the same Emma -Monet tint ). I am so looking forward to what comes next. This is at the end of the day the real difference between a superb story arc and a non relevant one is that it has you waiting impatient.
    Empath is currently in Hellions if you didn't know.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Something that's flown over my head is why Saturnyne bothers with setting up the battle, or why the Arrakans play along. If she's powerful herself enough to stop the whole battle and make a horseman look like Snoopy, is there an explicit reason why she would hand off the fight to potentially weaker champions from Earth? I also don't see why the Horsemen agree to stop fighting and take a three-day break before coming back to fight in a different style with weapons chosen by the person they're attacking.

I really enjoyed the story, but it's not clear to me why the characters would let the terms of the fight change like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Something that's flown over my head is why Saturnyne bothers with setting up the battle, or why the Arrakans play along. If she's powerful herself enough to stop the whole battle and make a horseman look like Snoopy, is there an explicit reason why she would hand off the fight to potentially weaker champions from Earth? I also don't see why the Horsemen agree to stop fighting and take a three-day break before coming back to fight in a different style with weapons chosen by the person they're attacking.

I really enjoyed the story, but it's not clear to me why the characters would let the terms of the fight change like that.
    Tradition demands it?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

My understanding of it is that Death issued the formal challenge that was his right.

Saturnyne seems to be up to something. She has chosen mutants of Krakoa as champions when in Excalibur she seems to barely tolerate them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Saturnyne seems to be up to something. She has chosen mutants of Krakoa as champions when in Excalibur she seems to barely tolerate them.
    I think she chose them because their whole target is krakoa so why use her own troops when in order to accomplish their goal they have to capture krakoa which is end game anyway. If a few mutants die all the better for saturyne.

I have a feeling she is going to try to take this chance to knock betsy out of being cap briian.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think she chose them because their whole target is krakoa so why use her own troops when in order to accomplish their goal they have to capture krakoa which is end game anyway. If a few mutants die all the better for saturyne.

I have a feeling she is going to try to take this chance to knock betsy out of being cap briian.
    But if Krakoa loses, Saturnyne loses Otherworld. The ten are Champions of Otherworld, no Champions of Krakoa.

There's a good parallel to draw between Saturnyne and Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. They're both deceitful sorcerers organizing and overseeing a tournament while they secretly pursue their own agenda. Those games may have been the inspiration for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But if Krakoa loses, Saturnyne loses Otherworld. The ten are Champions of Otherworld, no Champions of Krakoa.
    Same difference. At this point in the story, the two are pretty much intertwined, especially when it comes to their fates. The stakes are high for both

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

where is roma?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Awesome issue.

I have a question though, since this crossover is going to be taking place in pretty much every X-book, is it necessary to read all the previous issues of all the X-books ? I'm reading a few already but not all of them.

Saturnyne mentions being close to something she wants in her reading of the tarot and the scene with Monet also confirms that there's something in the conflict that could be a gain for her

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Awesome issue.

I have a question though, since this crossover is going to be taking place in pretty much every X-book, is it necessary to read all the previous issues of all the X-books ? I'm reading a few already but not all of them.
    Yes. I imagine each book will primarily on major story beat. Cable (the Summers adventure introduced here), Maraurder (Storm getting her blade in Wakanda), etc... but there will be alot of overlap such that any issue can have important beats that will be followed up in another book.

ETA: I read that as do you need to read all issues in the crossover. To answer your actual question, I posted this in a previous page:

The Path to X of Swords books:
    Excalibur 12
    X-men 12
    X-force 12 (optional as of now)
    Cable 4 (optional as of now)

You most certainly dont need to read all of Excalibur. Most of it is not good and most certainly isnt needed to grasp this story. Exc and X-men #12s both tie directly into this first issue as laying down alot of the groundwork. X-force and Cable dont factor in but do show us the current status of two Swords. Cable's comes into play here and the Cerebro Sword may turn up later

Additionally I'd check out the X-men issues which feature Summoner for more on him. X-men 2 and 11 give us some backstory.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-24-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Awesome issue.

Not necessarily I think. The lead-up mostly happens in X-Men and Excalibur but judging how the writers also re-explained the history of Arakko in this issue I think it will be an acessible event for people who haven't been following all the books

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think Genesis won against Annihilation and took on her mantle. I dont imagine her children would follow her killer.
    I think it could be she beat annihilation if Summoner lied but if he didn't it could be that annihilation is the original wielder of the twilight sword and the horsemen joined him/her. Death cryptically said to Saturnine.. 'By right of the Twilight sword and our liege who weilds it' .All in all Genesis may still be alive especially if she was resurrected by The White Sword unknown
    to the horsemen and Summoner .I would not put it past Hickman to reveal such a twist. The way Summoner seems upset about White Sword would suggest he is a thorn in their side (assuming he wasn't lying about White Sword)