Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    In February of this year Bleeding Cool posted this article:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rece...for-dc-comics/

In June of this year Geoffrey replied to this tweet:

Attachment 100959

I'm glad to see some leak of it was released to confirm it was still happening.

According to BC, Didio brought in Geoffrey and some other writers to DC and well, Didio's gone now and there's many changes at DC so I'm glad to see Vixen wasn't sacrificed and I hope what we're getting is a solo ongoing insyead of another one-shot or mini.

Edit:

Or this is just a one-shot, just read this thread:

https://twitter.com/chryslus/status/...321057796?s=19

I like the part where ChrisCrosser said "Action and smart as hell" for Vixen.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

not commenting on whether or not anything is actually happening but, if you want something to be an ongoing instead of a mini or a one-shot, you need to buy the hell out of it.

these days we have to champion the books we love. we can't just purchase.

that's it.

talk amongst yourselves.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    not commenting on whether or not anything is actually happening but, if you want something to be an ongoing instead of a mini or a one-shot, you need to buy the hell out of it.

that's it.

talk amongst yourselves.

=)
    I'm buying and will spread the word.

that's it.

talk amongst yourselves.

=)
    Yeah but promotion is key which DC has shown they won't do.

Let's remember Vixen had a SDCC one-shot that you could get at the San Diego zoo, and DC comics never promoted it on any of their social media, you know who did promote the comic, the writer and San Diego zoo.

Let's remember Vixen had a SDCC one-shot that you could get at the San Diego zoo, and DC comics never promoted it on any of their social media, you know who did promote the comic, the writer and San Diego zoo.
    They’ve got two black people in upper management now. One of them runs DC Entertainment as a whole iirc. Let’s hope that changes things.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

that's it.

talk amongst yourselves.

=)
    I'll definitely buy. I would rather wait for trade but I hate how the industry determines a books life by its floppies.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am so excited for this! I like the hair actually, reminds me of Sonequa Martin-Green on Star Trek: Discovery. I dint think I've ever read anything by the writer, but know of Mosaic. ChrisCross tho....AAAAAAAAAAAA! I love his work and the thought of a Vixen series drawn by him is a dream.
    As far as villians, really Vixen opens herself up to as broad a base of options as Wonder Woman. She has strong mythological ties with Anansi and other African based gods, supernatural with the Red and all it brings with it, regular super villains such as Red Lion (whom I hope appears) among so many others, but also as a super model theres all the cosmetic industries, the fashion industry and other ecological possibilities.
    As far as her costume goes...the crotch bird really needs to go somewhere else at the least. Raise it up and make it a belt type, put it inside the fox head on the front or back or just leave it off. Whatever, its placement is just bad.
    I dont mind the yellow with the black but I think I would have kept the tan color perhaps instead of yellow.
    Either way, I am super stoked to be getting Vixen back in solo print.

BANNED

It wouldn't surprise me if the book is a one-shot, considering DC is going through another implosion of sorts. The company is probably not in the best position right now to invest a whole lot in risky characters.

Spectacular Member

I like this look:

That ChrisCross illustration of Vixen gives me Lashana Lynch (new 007 in James Bond, Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel) vibes...

I actually got that issue. She ends up fighting the Cheeta over life stones.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-27-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I like this look:

Jamal Campbell’s Vixen was breathtaking. Loved the way he depicted her powers.

Not really liking the bird outline on the crotch/hips. But it’s just the one pic, so it may look fine in action.

I just realized every time Vixen takes a step it would like the bird on her costume is flapping a wing, the bird crotch would literally look like it's trying flying away ...yeah.

In any case now that BC is aware of this, hopefully they'll keep their ears open for some info.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

What do you all think of this? We know Vixen can mimic the abilities of mythological creatures, like that time in canon when she mimicked the fire breath of a dragon...

I saw the following entry on this website: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...onsters-africa

"4. Impundulu
    The Impundulu or Lightning Bird is a supernatural bird from Pondo, Zulu, and Xhosa folklore. The South African bird is as big as a human and can summon lightning and storms, hence the name. The bird is sometimes a shape shifter that can appear as a human, and sometimes said to be a supernatural familiar that guards a witch or witch doctor. It will attack people and drink their blood. However, parts of the Impundulu or its eggs have medicinal powers."

I'm thinking that could be useful in a theoretical Vixen vs. Storm fight on ComicVine or somewhere else.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi