Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1779

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just wonder how they'll solve the "The President is involved!" stuff with the ASA right now, seeing how that nice lady that gave Oliver an eulogy probably did NOT order a lunatic like Odell to put a whole city under martial law.
    A two-faced politician!?! You don't say... Of course they could also do the whole, "there's a faction within the government doing shady stuff, etc." even as a retcon. (I don't recall when they said the POTUS was involved or who said it - they could be lying?)

I do think it'd be funny to see the Pierce's react to the President's statement that Green Arrow was the first hero since Jefferson obviously was active many years prior. A president making untrue statements?!?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    A two-faced politician!?! You don't say... Of course they could also do the whole, "there's a faction within the government doing shady stuff, etc." even as a retcon. (I don't recall when they said the POTUS was involved or who said it - they could be lying?)

I do think it'd be funny to see the Pierce's react to the President's statement that Green Arrow was the first hero since Jefferson obviously was active many years prior. A president making untrue statements?!?
    The first season of BL actually said there were other superheroes in the universe they just didn't appear in Freeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The first season of BL actually said there were other superheroes in the universe they just didn't appear in Freeland.
    However, the Supers and Flash clearly did not exist prior, and it was rather ambiguous on which heroes existed as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So this is Post-Crisis. I'm glad the show's short term arcs weren't really affected in any way, and Jeff and Jen returned somewhat disoriented but not completely lost and confused. I think it would've been appropriate, though, if Jeff went to Gambi with the whole "Superman is real!" thing and Gambi was just like "Of course he's real, he's in the news all the time!"

Lynn...holy crap...she looks BAD. She has now become a complete addict.

I like Black Lightning letting Blackbird take the lead and inspire others.

The show is doing so much to keep Jennifer and Khalil apart, I wonder if they'll ever actually get back together? Can they at this point?
    I'm not necessarily rooting for them to get back together at this point. I just want Khalil to get his memories back so he can go Painkiller on the ASA for making him kill his own mother. That's my angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just wonder how they'll solve the "The President is involved!" stuff with the ASA right now, seeing how that nice lady that gave Oliver an eulogy probably did NOT order a lunatic like Odell to put a whole city under martial law.
    Hmm, maybe when Crisis fused the heroes' individual realities together, the new Arrowverse got a different President that wasn't the same as the one in Black Lightning's original reality.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Black Lightning seemed to come in with the least changes due to Crisis, potentially because the writers aren't "core Arrowverse" writers, although Gambi seemed to think there would be changes they just haven't seen yet. Like Lady Eve being alive, maybe? I can't see why they'd bring up that she tried to kill Gambi otherwise.

It would've been smart of Jefferson to tell his fellow Super Friends, including the two of them that are reporters, what's going on in Freeland.

It's like Jefferson can't go two episodes of him and his family being on the same page for once. I guess it's realistic of a grown family that there would be that kind of non-stop tension in such high stakes situations.

Gambi has got to take it as a knock on his personal pride that the ASA keep trying to replace him as the supplier of the Pierce family suits .

I guess it was too much to hope for Crisis to cure Lynn of her addition. She's in a really bad place now and it's heartbreaking to watch her completely breakdown like this .

Blackbird calling out Black Lightning for using his main character power to take over leading the resistance. Hopefully once this resistance is over Anissa can go back to just being Thunder and leave all the moral ambiguity behind.

So the good ASA guy is "Travis?"

Sorry TC, but only the Pierce family gets cool super-suits from Gambi.

Odell as a hologram was unexpected. I wonder if some of the times he met Jennifer he was actually a hologram or if he knew now was the best time to avoid actually meeting Jennifer face-to-face. Also, while we've seen some really high tech stuff on the show before, I couldn't help but think holograms seemed like something we would only get from Earth-Prime.

As far as The President...I can see them retconning it that Odell has gone completely rogue at this point, especially with the media blackout in Freeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Lightning seemed to come in with the least changes due to Crisis, potentially because the writers aren't "core Arrowverse" writers, although Gambi seemed to think there would be changes they just haven't seen yet. Like Lady Eve being alive, maybe? I can't see why they'd bring up that she tried to kill Gambi otherwise.

It would've been smart of Jefferson to tell his fellow Super Friends, including the two of them that are reporters, what's going on in Freeland.

It's like Jefferson can't go two episodes of him and his family being on the same page for once. I guess it's realistic of a grown family that there would be that kind of non-stop tension in such high stakes situations.

Gambi has got to take it as a knock on his personal pride that the ASA keep trying to replace him as the supplier of the Pierce family suits .

I guess it was too much to hope for Crisis to cure Lynn of her addition. She's in a really bad place now and it's heartbreaking to watch her completely breakdown like this .

Blackbird calling out Black Lightning for using his main character power to take over leading the resistance. Hopefully once this resistance is over Anissa can go back to just being Thunder and leave all the moral ambiguity behind.

So the good ASA guy is "Travis?"

Sorry TC, but only the Pierce family gets cool super-suits from Gambi.

Odell as a hologram was unexpected. I wonder if some of the times he met Jennifer he was actually a hologram or if he knew now was the best time to avoid actually meeting Jennifer face-to-face. Also, while we've seen some really high tech stuff on the show before, I couldn't help but think holograms seemed like something we would only get from Earth-Prime.

As far as The President...I can see them retconning it that Odell has gone completely rogue at this point, especially with the media blackout in Freeland.
    I'm thinking either there won't be any major changes shown or explored this season, or they will only play lip service to the whole Earth Prime deal and not really do anything with it. Serioulsy, if Kara could take the time to write an article about Batwoman coming out, she could certainly take the time to write an expose on what's going on in Freeland right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    However, the Supers and Flash clearly did not exist prior, and it was rather ambiguous on which heroes existed as well.
    I know that, I was just responding to j9ac9k's comment about other heroes being active before Black Lighting. That would still be true even before the retcon. They never said Jefferson was the first superhero of his universe before the merger.

I know that, I was just responding to j9ac9k's comment about other heroes being active before Black Lighting. That would still be true even before the retcon. They never said Jefferson was the first superhero of his universe before the merger.
    I wonder if when the President called Oliver the first superhero, she meant that he was the first that went public with his identity. Or it was a meta-comment meaning he was the first hero of this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    As I recall, Supergirl and Vixen were mentioned, which makes it weird that Superman was not a thing in BL's Earth.

BTW, this does not mean that these characters existed before BL, just that they existed on BL's Earth.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    As I recall, Supergirl and Vixen were mentioned, which makes it weird that Superman was not a thing in BL's Earth.

BTW, this does not mean that these characters existed before BL, just that they existed on BL's Earth.
    Supergirl and Vixen were mentioned as fictional characters within the show.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Right. They're comic-book characters and nothing more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. They're comic-book characters and nothing more.
    Maybe I'm insane, but the exchange between Jennifer and Lynn made it seem like Vixen is a real person on their Earth:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Maybe I'm insane, but the exchange between Jennifer and Lynn made it seem like Vixen is a real person on their Earth:

One of the showrunners at the time said it could be taken any way you wanted it, though the earlier references to superheroes on the show suggest they are only fictional.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It's kind of a moot point now since Vixen is real on their Earth, thanks to Crisis .

I'm very confused by the status quo of this show, post-crisis. It seems like Black Lightning and Freeland are still in a separate continuity from the rest of the CW, even though it was implied at the end of Crisis that they are all on the same world. BL conveys to Gambi his excitement at learning Superman is real, and if their worlds are merged, wouldn't Gambi already be familiar with Superman, Flash etc? Also why wouldn't BL ask for some help given how crazy things have gotten in Freeland, seems like a couple of Kryptonians could sort out the ASA very quickly. We know from the end of Crisis that there are other worlds out there, seems like BL's should've been one of them. I dunno, maybe its just a consequence of the writers of each series not being in communication with each other.