Page 466 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566966 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Long article I read it this morning. But, it truly highlights some of the challenges and uphill battles fighting against the disinformation and propaganda from team trump. And the sheer amount of money they are spending to keep votes uninformed and lied too. On all these platforms. So many people still think if they saw it on Facebook its real and just repost without doing any further checking.

Not only from the usual suspects at Fox news and conservative radio. They also are using these social media posts to spread lies and distortions
    It's going to be difficult enough for Democrats to win this election without shooting themselves in the foot -- again -- with division.

It's not hard to see this country going the way of Russia in many ways, if Americans don't wake up to what is happening with their government.

Attacks on the media and the voting rights of citizens, erosion of democracy and basic political norms, protection of authoritarian leadership, rewarding dishonesty and corrupt behavior -- nearly everything the founders warned about when creating this country.

----
    "Washington warns the people that political factions may seek to obstruct the execution of the laws created by the government or to prevent the branches of government from enacting the powers provided them by the constitution. Such factions may claim to be trying to answer popular demands or solve pressing problems, but their true intentions are to take the power from the people and place it in the hands of unjust men."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George...rewell_Address
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Tom Perez posted this as an immediate reply clearly visible in your link

So how is that 'scrapping' the caucus? Who benefits from leaving that out besides those who want to sow division and keep up the fighting?
    The reading comprehension of Bernie Bros is something else.

Also see: Tazirai linking to a Snopes article to prove a claim that actually disproves their claim.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The final poll before the caucus actually predicted Pete winning narrowly, so I don't want to hear all those complaints about the polls not meaning anything anymore.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

At least for the first time in a long time, Sanders supporters won't be going out of their way to disparage a woman.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Bernie not winning in NH is like Bernie not winning in Vermont. the big news will be if it is a close race or if he actually comes in second.

Again, I'm not reading anything into it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I can't find any proof of this other than Bernie's claim. Is there any actual proof that he received 6k more?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

all this back and forth is making my eyes hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's going to be difficult enough for Democrats to win this election without shooting themselves in the foot -- again -- with division.
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    At least for the first time in a long time, Sanders supporters won't be going out of their way to disparage a woman.

you two should talk it out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you two should talk it out.
    So I can point out how he's correct in noting that not too long ago, Sanders supporters were attacking Warren and now they are back to attacking the DNC?

If you can't even be happy when Sanders is doing well in the primaries, it's safe to say you're going to be even more irascible if Sanders fails to deliver in the remaining states, even though he's the only one to blame if that happens.

My takeaway from this is that the more the Democratic party does to try to address Sanders' complaints (changing the Iowa caucus, softening the power of superdelegates, etc) the more his supporters complain.

Many seem to want to discuss -- and blame -- everything but the fact that voters chose "moderate" Hillary over "progressive" Sanders the by millions of votes for his failure to win the nomination the last time he ran.

He might very well get the most votes this time around but it's already clear that if he doesn't, many of his supporters already have excuses at the ready.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-06-2020 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I do agree with this. Buttigieg wanted to campaign on a victory or a surprising showing. He wasn’t able to. Is he’s in 3rd in NH and has to try to overcome that. A strong week of campaigning would help him
    I think he was right to declare victory. Whether it was victory in the strictest sense or not, it was absolutely a huge victory for him.

This #Mayorcheat stuff is just so stupid. It should offend anyone with an operating brain.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Biden benefitted. If the results were Monday night the news casts would have been talking about a disaster for Biden and donors would be ditching him for Pete
    i'm basing my speculation on the media's reaction to it. msnbc has given up on Biden. but they're also using the chaos to promote Buttigeg as the likely winner while ignoring Sanders. Mayor Pete's been all over the network following this. he's getting the attention that the winner would have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    So I can point out how he's correct in noting that not too long ago, Sanders supporters were attacking Warren and now they are back to attacking the DNC?

If you can't even be happy when Sanders is doing well in the primaries, it's safe to say you're going to be even more irascible if Sanders fails to deliver in the remaining states.
    i'm a Warren supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think he was right to declare victory. Whether it was victory in the strictest sense or not, it was absolutely a huge victory for him.

This #Mayorcheat stuff is just so stupid. It should offend anyone with an operating brain.
    He declared victory even before results were announced.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Maybe it is because Pennsylvania and New York would rather prefer a male qualified cendidate to an unqualified female candidate?

But New York state may not have a female governor but it has had a few female United States senators including Hillary Clinton and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Soviet Union and People's Republic of China never had a female leader.

Even predominantly Muslim Pakistan had a female democratically elected president named Benazir Bhutto in 1988, even though Pakistanis would murder their daughters in the so-called honor killings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing
    Popular media has so thoroughly inculcated us with this idea of the "girl boss" that so many people think that the ONLY way that a woman can effectively wield power is just to be a harsh and uncompromising *******. And while it certain is okay for women to adopt stereotypically male tendencies if that's what they really want, I don't really see what the benefit is of having more women in power if they feel like they must adopt the leadership styles of the men that they replaced anyway.