View Poll Results: Should she be forgiven?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 61.99%
  • No

52 30.41%
  • Unsure

13 7.60%
Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Should Emma be forgiven for her transgressions from the past?

I would like to have a civil discussion about something that was discussed in another unrelated thread. Emma Frost is a a very complex character who started as a villian. She would go on to be a valued member of the xmen only to fall back into that grey area after the events of IvX.

For me, based upon the horrible things she did to Ororo alone is enough for the answer to this to be no. She tortured Ororo and then switched bodies and did unimaginable things while in her body. She smoked, potentially had sex with Sebastian Shaw, and tried to destroy the xmen while in her body.

Thereafter, she would later try to attack her mind again taunting her based upon their initial interaction where she tortured her.

Even after all of this, Ororo had a sad and tragic end to her marriage and Emma only response was to troll her about it. All in all, these are the reason I think she is evil and should never be forgiven.

So that said, do you think Emma should be forgiven for all her past transgressions and of you don't believe so what actions did you find to be unforgivable? And i know this will be a sensitive topic so please let's have remember these are just comic characters and let's keep the discussion respectful. We can disagree and still be polite to each while doing so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

if she shows remorse, then yes
    if she acts in a classeless and unapologetic way like in jean grey #9 the answer is NO
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-06-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    if she shows remorse, then yes
    if she acts in a classeless and unapologetic way like in jean grey #9 the answer is NO
    what did she do in issue 9?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Mystique was in the X-Men not long after killing Moira McTaggert, Sunpyre, and trying to kill all humans with a modified version of the legacy virus. She is currently now in an X-Book, Astonishing X-Men.

Magneto killed an enormous amount of civilians, perhaps dozens of thousands, in the 90s when he unleashed an electromagnetic pulse on earth from Asteroid M.
    Sabretooth is even worse than them.
    Those 3 characters are in X-Books currently.

The issue isn't if Emma should be forgiven or not, the issue is the X-Men seem to have no problem at all in working with former criminals, mass murderers, terrorists. and it makes you understand wy flatscans distrust them so much.

I agree on Emma being a super villain, or having been one, but I also think Emma (and even other characters who have always been considered criminals, like Sauron) are less evil than some other characters who have been x-men, or other "superheroes" who have done horrible things.
    It's hard to believe in Marvel superheroes when you read everything the Illuminati have done. Wanda and Black Bolt are superheroes who have commited genocide.

Before IvX the bodycount of Emma was the pony of Firestar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Mystique was in the X-Men not long after killing Moira McTaggert, Sunpyre, and trying to kill all humans with a modified version of the legacy virus. She is currently now in an X-Book, Astonishing X-Men.

Magneto killed an enormous amount of civilians, perhaps dozens of thousands, in the 90s when he unleashed an electromagnetic pulse on earth from Asteroid M.

The issue isn't if Emma should be forgiven or not, the issue is the X-Men seem to have no problem at all in working with former criminals, mass murderers, terrorists. and it makes you understand wy flatscans distrust them so much.

I agree on Emma being a super villain, or having been one, but I also think Emma (and even other characters who have always been considered criminals, like Sauron) are less evil than some other characters who have been x-men, or other "superheroes" who have done horrible things.
    It's hard to believe in Marvel superheroes when you read everything the Illuminati have done. Wanda and Black Bolt are superheroes who have commited genocide.

My personal favorite was "I have the cure for cancer and you can't have it!"

"I would like to have a civil discussion" LOL

She's done a lot of bad but she's also done a bunch of good. She's an X-Man. That's how I see it anyway.

The only absolutely unforgivable offense is Butter Rum! #Neverforget

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

She needs forgiveness from know one. Just make her own X-MEN

BANNED

NO, not at all. I don't condone the way the X-Men so easily take in former foes anyway, so this doesn't just apply to the fake blonde, but she's an especially egregious addition to the team imo. At least Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, etc. are iconic villains. The fake blonde was an auxiliary character as a B-List villain for years and should have stayed that way. The only reason "fans" found her so interesting from Morrison's run and beyond is because she filched the best qualities of Claremont's 80s Betsy Braddock and Moondragon, both of whom desperately don't get the attention and credit they deserve.

Anyway, as the scans above have shown, she was hardly remorseful when she attacked Storm so this proves she hadn't changed at all deep down. Her attempt to justify adultery in Endsong was also laughable and frankly that offense alone makes her unforgivable to me. I can't stand cheaters for any reason and find that offense to be unforgivable. I will say this though, that at least she was consistent in her cheating actions since she did the same with Namor later on lol. That's the only esteemable quality I can see that she possesses.

Her other greatest crime was diluting the X-Books for a decade all because of who she was sleeping with (yeah, that's definitely feminism right there) and kicking out Jean, Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Betsy, Lorna, Jubilee, Rachel, etc. from the spotlight.

Fake news.

BANNED

Well at least, Storm didn't get pregnant. But imagine when she actually got pregnant and the child has both Storm's powers and Sebastian Shaw's powers. The child would be unstoppable,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well at least, Storm didn't get pregnant. But imagine when she actually got pregnant and the child has both Storm's powers and Sebastian Shaw's powers. The child would be unstoppable,
    OMG, this sounds like something Claremont would actually have done. Get Storm pregnant from Shaw.

there a lot of bad morally grey characters running around marvel. I guess in relation to ororo and emma, it seems she has attacked ororo unnecessarily throughout them knowing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "I would like to have a civil discussion" LOL
    hey i had to make it clear up front

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    She's done a lot of bad but she's also done a bunch of good. She's an X-Man. That's how I see it anyway.

The only absolutely unforgivable offense is Butter Rum! #Neverforget
    I guess it depends from the perspective you are looking from. I think based upon the stuff she has done to ororo alone should be enough for her not to be forgiven.

I would have said yes without question, but then she blew up those derigibles with all of those Inhumans on them so she needs to go through the gauntlet to get back to even a semblance of being a hero. And I am not even a fan of the Inhumans, but you can’t just walk away from something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I would have said yes without question, but then she blew up those derigibles with all of those Inhumans on them so she needs to go through the gauntlet to get back to even a semblance of being a hero. And I am not even a fan of the Inhumans, but you can’t just walk away from something like that
    I'd say that's the easiest thing to forgive really.

BANNED

I believe people deserve second chances. I say she should be forgiven!