Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Green Lantern vs Nova vs Quasar vs Dr Spectrum

New 52 Kyle vs 616 Richard vs 616 Wendell vs 712 Joe
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

Spectacular Member

I'd say this comes down to Kyle s Wendell, Nova s a speedbump to the other three and Dr Spectrum doesn't have nearly enough appearances to have feats to show he can hang with the other two.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Eh, if 616 Richard is Nova Prime, his speed edge and the ability to absolutely hurt high end class 100s should net him the vast majority. The others are more versatile, but he's got on panel hypersonic reflexes, which means he blitzes.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, if 616 Richard is Nova Prime, his speed edge and the ability to absolutely hurt high end class 100s should net him the vast majority. The others are more versatile, but he's got on panel hypersonic reflexes, which means he blitzes.
    Don’t Kyle and Wendell have pretty epic auto-shields though?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Don’t Kyle and Wendell have pretty epic auto-shields though?
    Yeah. Rich isn't one-shotting them. So it comes down if he can mess them up enough with a blitz to keep them from, say, phasing.

That said, there being 3 dudes to juggle here won't help his odds. He's got to split his damage up to keep any one dude getting esoteric on his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah. Rich isn't one-shotting them. So it comes down if he can mess them up enough with a blitz to keep them from, say, phasing.

That said, there being 3 dudes to juggle here won't help his odds. He's got to split his damage up to keep any one dude getting esoteric on his butt.
    You make it sound so flirty.

I'd say his blitz should do it. He's fast enough to hit them hundreds of times, plus his other crap. Should be enough. They have at least as good a high end, and more versatility, but his speed edge is pretty massive.

The Kyle auto-shield can take well in access of planet busting...several wouldn't do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You make it sound so flirty.
    Nova's name is Dick Rider, yo. It's not my fault he's fighting some of the prettiest construct boys in comics. He's gonna have to really go hard here.

Nova's name is Dick Rider, yo. It's not my fault he's fighting some of the prettiest construct boys in comics. He's gonna have to really go hard here.
    I'm dying xD
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    The Kyle auto-shield can take well in access of planet busting...several wouldn't do it either.
    Kyle does not generally no-sell class 100s. Nova Prime is a pretty damn high end example of that. And he's got a SIGNIFICANT blitz here: not "several" hits - it's hypersonic reflexes against "normal human guy reflexes." Let Kyle get going, and it's a different story. But Kyle doesn't get to get going here. Plus, that ignores Rich doing something like putting a grav field that can drop a Strontian right on Kyle's head, straight through the shield. Or opening some wormholes between his hand and wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Kyle does not generally no-sell class 100s. Nova Prime is a pretty damn high end example of that. And he's got a SIGNIFICANT blitz here: not "several" hits - it's hypersonic reflexes against "normal human guy reflexes." Let Kyle get going, and it's a different story. But Kyle doesn't get to get going here. Plus, that ignores Rich doing something like putting a grav field that can drop a Strontian right on Kyle's head, straight through the shield. Or opening some wormholes between his hand and wrist.
    GL shields generally cover that sort of damage. And Kyle, if we're talking one man lantern corps era, is not only more powerful than Strontians, his shields can probably tank class 100 hits for a fair while

Although that's post crisis Kyle. If new 52 Kyle can tank well in access of planet busting as well, that's enough to no sell nova

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm dying xD
    I hate about 80% of this thread. And also all of you.

Anyway, I know it involves trying to get an actual response from the OP, but, Rich get the Worldmind for this? It affects his options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Anyway, I know it involves trying to get an actual response from the OP, but, Rich get the Worldmind for this? It affects his options.
    I don't think the old "crank shields to max so Worldmind can calculate a star gate tummy ache" is gonna work here. It's a great play when people are just throwing around crazy damage, but the guys here can drain his shields away and such.