Page 240 of 245 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3672
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

CGI'd mustache notwithstanding, Cavill proved in Justice League that he could pull off the fun and hopeful Superman that many fans wanted from the character. If he wants to stick around, I see no reason why WB should not pursue that. The darkness of his previous films only add credibility to his current sunny optimism. He's earned his hope, rather than just talking about it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Hopefully these rumors about Henry's Superman being the glue of the DCEU moving forward are true and we get a true MOS 2 out of it. Not only would it be vindication for the fans who stuck by MOS and this incarnation of Superman through unfair " not muh Superman" backlash, but Henry for being the best ambassador for Superman since Chris Reeve. He's only 35. There's no reason he can't play this role for another 5-10 years.
    Yeah, Henry deserves another chance to play the character.
    Hopefully everything goes well next time, Superman can't afford another movie with mixed results.

Hope it’s Manchester Black and the Elite. Be a good foe to articulate DCEU Supes killing rules. I’d have them inspired by Supes in the DCEU, citing his killing of Zod and Doomsday as justification for their more brutal heroics. He’d have to grapple with these unwanted “fans” and try to argue for a more restrained approach. Just no Luthor please.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I think it'd be cool to see Superman do something we've never seen in a movie - go to the future. Booster Gold would be easier to introduce in a film than the Legion imo...maybe Booster brings Superman on an adventure to save the future. It would also alleviate the issue of trying to tie it into the other DCEU films, assuming WB wants to go the route of less connectivity without rebooting.
    Agreed on everything aside from Booster Gold. It's my firm belief that a Superman and the Legion movie would be a great step to take for the DCEU Superman and really keep to the style of Superman that Cavill seems really, really interested in playing. A movie about Superman teaming up with group alien immigrants and alien born Earthlings that were all inspired by his example to fight an oppressive xenophobe twisting Superman's image and legacy to perpetuate an awful agenda would do a lot to get what I think DC/WB should be aiming for. Works as a reaffirmations and retooling without rebooting, imo.

But if I'm not mistaken, Booster already has a movie well in the works, so you'll likely see in a solo pretty soon regardless.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    CGI'd mustache notwithstanding, Cavill proved in Justice League that he could pull off the fun and hopeful Superman that many fans wanted from the character. If he wants to stick around, I see no reason why WB should not pursue that. The darkness of his previous films only add credibility to his current sunny optimism. He's earned his hope, rather than just talking about it.
    Oh, definitely. Henry has the chops; he just needs the direction and the script. He definitely deserves another chance. I don't know if it's earned from a conflict resolution standpoint as most of what the contention was is still there, but Henry as an actor has certainly earned it and the character has earned it from an "it's about damn time" position, so I'm sure most people would be fine if they just sweep the first two under the rug if the next one is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Hope it’s Manchester Black and the Elite. Be a good foe to articulate DCEU Supes killing rules. I’d have them inspired by Supes in the DCEU, citing his killing of Zod and Doomsday as justification for their more brutal heroics. He’d have to grapple with these unwanted “fans” and try to argue for a more restrained approach. Just no Luthor please.
    Knowing WB, they'd probably want to steer as clear from referencing MoS or BvS as much as possible. Having said that, I love the idea. It's a great twist. They'd have to be VERY good with the script and delivery, however - done wrong, it just opens a can of worms (that most people would rather not think about) and doesn't seal it properly.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Elite were nothing but shallow, straw man characters whose only purpose was to make Superman look good. The story they appeared was just a racially tone deaf and philosophically mishandled jab at the Authority because it was selling more than Superman at the time. Barring a complete reinvention, DC is better off staying away from Action Comics 775 and any stories like it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Elite were nothing but shallow, straw man characters whose only purpose was to make Superman look good. The story they appeared was just a racially tone deaf and philosophically mishandled jab at the Authority because it was selling more than Superman at the time. Barring a complete reinvention, DC is better off staying away from Action Comics 775 and any stories like it.
    Considering how truly awful the previous attempt to make a film out of Action #775 was, I would definitely agree with you. The next Superman film shouldn't be about making a statement against the already outdated superhero trends of year 2000, it should be about, I dunno, maybe what the universal ideals that Superman is actually about. The Elite reached their expiration date long ago as far as I am concerned but keep getting dredged back up again and again so Superman fans can be reminded of that one time Superman looked badass telling those new kids to knock it off with all the mass slaughter that would go out of style immediately after 9/11.

It was a perfectly good story at the time, but it is very much of its time and I would rather we get a story about today's world rather than something very much about the world pre-9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Considering how truly awful the previous attempt to make a film out of Action #775 was, I would definitely agree with you. The next Superman film shouldn't be about making a statement against the already outdated superhero trends of year 2000, it should be about, I dunno, maybe what the universal ideals that Superman is actually about. The Elite reached their expiration date long ago as far as I am concerned but keep getting dredged back up again and again so Superman fans can be reminded of that one time Superman looked badass telling those new kids to knock it off with all the mass slaughter that would go out of style immediately after 9/11.

It was a perfectly good story at the time, but it is very much of its time and I would rather we get a story about today's world rather than something very much about the world pre-9/11.
    Oh yeah - it couldn't be done just as it was. It'd have to be, from the ground up, a complete reinvention. There could be some modern semi-comparisons made of using power incorrectly or in anger/etc causes chain reactions of negative consequences, etc. I see the potential, but also the massive risk. And since WB isn't so hot at putting a fine point on a concept, it's best left alone.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Those trends are alive and well, don’t know why you think they’re dead.
    But as long as Snyder’s godawful Luthor doesn’t show up I don’t really care. I just don’t want Kryptonians, Luthor, or Kryptonite since we’ve all seen those before. Parasite, Livewire, Mongul, or Brainiac.
    Last edited by RepHope; 05-16-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Agreed on everything aside from Booster Gold. It's my firm belief that a Superman and the Legion movie would be a great step to take for the DCEU Superman and really keep to the style of Superman that Cavill seems really, really interested in playing. A movie about Superman teaming up with group alien immigrants and alien born Earthlings that were all inspired by his example to fight an oppressive xenophobe twisting Superman's image and legacy to perpetuate an awful agenda would do a lot to get what I think DC/WB should be aiming for. Works as a reaffirmations and retooling without rebooting, imo.

But if I'm not mistaken, Booster already has a movie well in the works, so you'll likely see in a solo pretty soon regardless.
    Oh, I agree! A Superman/Legion team-up would be great! I just don't want a Superman sequel to get bogged down with having to introduce so many new faces...I just want the focus on the big man...in a perfect world, we'd get a Legion movie and THEN the team-up so we could hit the ground running. With a character like Booster, you don't need tons of set-up for him because while he's interesting, he's not as full of interesting concepts as the Legion.

But yes, definitely, a Supes/LoSH team-up would be great. I don't know what Amy Adams' contract looks like, but taking Clark to the future would be an easy way to avoid the elephant in the room if they couldn't get her back or something. I'd very much like to see the Super Wedding happen on-screen, but if she didn't return then I say take a film off from Lois before recasting her for MoS 3 :P
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

But as long as Snyder’s godawful Luthor doesn’t show up I don’t really care. I just don’t want Kryptonians, Luthor, or Kryptonite since we’ve all seen those before. Parasite, Livewire, Mongul, or Brainiac.
    Oooooh, man. Now you're talking. When I started reading comics as a kid, Superman was just getting ready to Exile himself. Mongul was the first "boss-level" villain I was exposed to, and I've always had a soft spot for him and his gladitorial games. This could be a lot of fun, and after Thor: Ragnarok the audience would probably love another "hero forced to fight in games" scenario.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Oh, I agree! A Superman/Legion team-up would be great! I just don't want a Superman sequel to get bogged down with having to introduce so many new faces...I just want the focus on the big man...in a perfect world, we'd get a Legion movie and THEN the team-up so we could hit the ground running. With a character like Booster, you don't need tons of set-up for him because while he's interesting, he's not as full of interesting concepts as the Legion.

But yes, definitely, a Supes/LoSH team-up would be great. I don't know what Amy Adams' contract looks like, but taking Clark to the future would be an easy way to avoid the elephant in the room if they couldn't get her back or something. I'd very much like to see the Super Wedding happen on-screen, but if she didn't return then I say take a film off from Lois before recasting her for MoS 3 :P
    I totally get the concern with the Legion's size, and if the idea were to just adapt a story where Superman just teams up with them to fight Time Trapper or something, I'd avoid it like the plague for an official second movie. But, in this case the story I'd imagine would be simplest and most effective to adapt would be Johns' Superman and the Legion of Superheroes story from Action Comics. Change the context from old friends who haven't seen Clark in a while to them basically meeting King Arthur mixed with Martian Luthor King mixed with Abraham Lincoln mixed with Buddha-Jesus. Like in the original story you cut down the Legion members from its normal super powered army to a rag-tag bunch of rebels with powers ranging from ok-I-guess to yeah-that's-pretty-cool. They'd make up less of an ensemble cast, but rather something like 4 supporting cast members that dove tale back to Superman. They'd all be living examples of fruits of the hardships that Clark went through in the last trilogy without needing to directly call to it.

In that regard, it wouldn't really be like introducing anyone or detracting from Superman because they'd all have simple stories that mirror his own; just a bunch of well meaning alien Earthlings who are trying to look out for their neighbors. The cracked mirror of Earth Man and his xenophobic Justice League who have twisted Superman's history and symbol will ensure that the film remained squarely about Superman. I go into detail on the whole thing here ( http://community.comicbookresources....Superman/page6) if you'd like to read more.

But as Booster goes, I think he'd go a longer way in derailing from Superman in his sequel. In the face of Booster's personality it would relegate Superman to straight man in a buddy cop movie rather than lead in a sequel, imo. At least with a fraction of the Legion they are even a thing because of Superman. They inform and reflect on Superman's character and position in a macro and micro way that Booster simply does not.

And I'd imagine Adams would come back similar to Cavill. I'd see no reason not to bookend the film with vignettes depicting a normal Lois and Clark/Superman adventure and hint at the wedding that'll take place in MOS3 (in reality I'd like them to pull a Thor Ragnarok and treat this like the start of a new trilogy but that's just me).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Apparently, they aren't what superhero fans want in their comics and related media.

Of course, i never understood why writers didn't just make lighthearted superhero content instead of convoluted stories like What's So Funny, Kingdom Come, Doomsday Clock and Final Crisis that whined about how dark stories are "ruining everything".
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-16-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I totally get the concern with the Legion's size, and if the idea were to just adapt a story where Superman just teams up with them to fight Time Trapper or something, I'd avoid it like the plague for an official second movie. But, in this case the story I'd imagine would be simplest and most effective to adapt would be Johns' Superman and the Legion of Superheroes story from Action Comics. Change the context from old friends who haven't seen Clark in a while to them basically meeting King Arthur mixed with Martian Luthor King mixed with Abraham Lincoln mixed with Buddha-Jesus. Like in the original story you cut down the Legion members from its normal super powered army to a rag-tag bunch of rebels with powers ranging from ok-I-guess to yeah-that's-pretty-cool. They'd make up less of an ensemble cast, but rather something like 4 supporting cast members that dove tale back to Superman. They'd all be living examples of fruits of the hardships that Clark went through in the last trilogy without needing to directly call to it.

In that regard, it wouldn't really be like introducing anyone or detracting from Superman because they'd all have simple stories that mirror his own; just a bunch of well meaning alien Earthlings who are trying to look out for their neighbors. The cracked mirror of Earth Man and his xenophobic Justice League who have twisted Superman's history and symbol will ensure that the film remained squarely about Superman. I go into detail on the whole thing here ( http://community.comicbookresources....Superman/page6) if you'd like to read more.

But as Booster goes, I think he'd go a longer way in derailing from Superman in his sequel. In the face of Booster's personality it would relegate Superman to straight man in a buddy cop movie rather than lead in a sequel, imo. At least with a fraction of the Legion they are even a thing because of Superman. They inform and reflect on Superman's character and position in a macro and micro way that Booster simply does not.

And I'd imagine Adams would come back similar to Cavill. I'd see no reason not to bookend the film with vignettes depicting a normal Lois and Clark/Superman adventure and hint at the wedding that'll take place in MOS3 (in reality I'd like them to pull a Thor Ragnarok and treat this like the start of a new trilogy but that's just me).
    Ok, I getcha now. I could get behind that

And good point on the straightman / buddy cop angle, I hadn't considered that. I do hope to see the supposed Booster movie at some point though, and hopefully my fancast of Krasinski in the role with Rainn Wilson as Skeets :P That'd be a riot. (A guy can dream!)

Incredible Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ration_in_bvs/

And that folks is why I'm glad the whole Knightmare thing ended up on the cutting room floor for justice league.