Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And then they'll probably try to figure out ways to integrate the Future State stuff that was popular without replacing the mainstays.

I saw someone speculate on Reddit about Yara being re-introduced as a new Wonder Girl.
    She has been by far the most positively received new character. Seen a ton of Brazilians go crazy over her. DC would be foolish not to make her part of the Wonder Family, although I worry about what that will mean for Cassie. Donna hasn’t exactly carved out a strong niche for herself since she lost the Wonder Girl title.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She has been by far the most positively received new character. Seen a ton of Brazilians go crazy over her. DC would be foolish not to make her part of the Wonder Family, although I worry about what that will mean for Cassie. Donna hasn’t exactly carved out a strong niche for herself since she lost the Wonder Girl title.
    I'm glad to hear that since I'm very interested in Yara Flor as well. I truly hope she is handled by competent writers since she will be the main reason for me checking out Future State
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And then they'll probably try to figure out ways to integrate the Future State stuff that was popular without replacing the mainstays.

I saw someone speculate on Reddit about Yara being re-introduced as a new Wonder Girl.
    I'm also partial to the idea of an imprint of this if it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's almost kind of hilarious how incapable writers seem to be of actually integrating the Wonder Girls into Wonder Woman, right down to the mess that is Donna.

I guess it just goes back to how DC doesn't seem to have any idea of what to do with Diana in general.

I'm still a little sad that we won't get some Europeans new characters with this apparently, but yes, Yara Flor is definitively one of the most intruiguing.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Nothing about Future's End was appealing. The creative teams for Future State are already more promising from the writers to the art. Plus Future's End was all doom and gloom and it was during the New 52 which didn't make things better. Also, the things presented for Future's State seem way more prominent for something that's only two months. Can anyone recall anything from Future's End?

I'm willing to bet that the suits of Future State will be the first things incorporated in main canon once it's over. For instance, there is already fanarts with Cassandra's FS look, which I think indicate that it could be well received while quite different from anything she ever wore. I could see her, Steph, perhaps even Bruce, adopting this kind of costumes down the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm still a little sad that we won't get some Europeans new characters with this apparently, but yes, Yara Flor is definitively one of the most intruiguing.
    Jon Kent and Andie Curry have European features, just not European accents.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    It doesn't make them Europeans. Jon is as American (estadounidense to be more precise) as one can get, and even Andy will probably have a sizeable U-S. baggage. I'd like Spaniards, Germans, Frenchs, Brits etc. characters. I'll drop a bomb, but my side of the pond, skin color and hair texture aren'tall that matters to make a character distinct, at elast it's not yet the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It doesn't make them Europeans. Jon is as American (estadounidense to be more precise) as one can get, and even Andy will probably have a sizeable U-S. baggage. I'd like Spaniards, Germans, Frenchs, Brits etc. characters. I'll drop a bomb, but my side of the pond, skin color and hair texture aren'tall that matters to make a character distinct, at elast it's not yet the case.
    Well, John likely has a Kansan accent, while Andie likely has an Atlantian one. Jon, Jo, and Luke are American; Yara and Andie are not; and these are American comics, so the creator are likely to write their characters like people they encounter. Why study a foreign dialect, when you can write a local one without much effort? You'd just be opening yourself up to ridicule for misusing lingo and improperly using visual representations of the language, like spellings to reflect accents. Not worth the effort for a two month event.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-18-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Why Jon and Andie specifically? I'm just curious about what makes their character design different from the other white characters.

If DC is making more European characters it would be cool if they're from countries with fewer characters. 90% of European comic characters are either British or Russian.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

So Conner Kent will lead the Suicide Squad..

Interesting, BUT I already really dislike how he looks like:

1. Conner always had long hairs, flamboyant haircuts...
    I really DONT understand why he and his Titans of Tomorrow Rebirth Version are now shown to have have extremely short hairs.
    Makes no sense for me...

2. Body-Style..
    During Pre-Flashpoint TT he was always a kind of 220 pounds muscular guy and now he is skinny.

3. Costume
    I HATE the new costume and I find it especially wrong in the context of the Suicide Squad.
    I mean its the Suicide Squad and now he decides to wear a flashy, bright colored costume with a cape?

The DCeased Jonathan Kent look looks 1,000 times better than this version and would make more sense in the context with the Suicide Squad.
    Either that or give him finally a black Uniform like Nightwings and replace only the Nightwing Symbol with the red S and give him the leather jacket.

The team members are also not really exciting for me, he already worked with stronger people during TT etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Why Jon and Andie specifically? I'm just curious about what makes their character design different from the other white characters.

If DC is making more European characters it would be cool if they're from countries with fewer characters. 90% of European comic characters are either British or Russian.
    They have European features because their parents have European features. I don't know what further explanation is needed. The other characters are not directly descended from their predecessors.

DC has French, Scandinavian, etc. characters, but America has traditionally been interested in Britain because we consume a lot of British media and were a British colony. We have Russian characters because of the Cold War. If we get into a war with Belgium or Switzerland, I'm sure we'd see more characters from those countries. I bet most Americans couldn't identify those countries on a map though.

The American population is predominantly of European descent, so many European countries don't feel as culturally exotic as countries in South America, Africa, or Asia.

If Yara Flor gets introduced in the main continuity as a new Wonder Girl, which probably has the biggest chance of happening out of the new characters introduced in this mini event, then Tim's generation is nearly fully replaced. There would be Damian as Robin, Jon as Superboy, black Wally as Kid Flash, and now maybe Yara Flor as the new Wonder Girl. Plus Tim's gen is 4 white characters while this new gen with Yara Flor is much more diverse, which is something people pay a lot more attention to now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If Yara Flor gets introduced in the main continuity as a new Wonder Girl, which probably has the biggest chance of happening out of the new characters introduced in this mini event, then Tim's generation is nearly fully replaced. There would be Damian as Robin, Jon as Superboy, black Wally as Kid Flash, and now maybe Yara Flor as the new Wonder Girl. Plus Tim's gen is 4 white characters while this new gen with Yara Flor is much more diverse, which is something people pay a lot more attention to now.
    Isn't Tim going back to the Robin identity?