View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Get Their Mutant Status Back?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Make them Mutants Again

165 80.49%
  • No - Keep the Retcon

27 13.17%
  • Undecided

13 6.34%
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't see any scenario where Magda doesn't get a poor treatment. Most of her comic book existence felt like a plot device to explain Magneto as the father and not much more, and I don't expect that to change now, even if she's their biological mother again.
    and here I thought that her comic book existence was a plot device to show that Magneto tried to live a normal life after escaping from the camps (but wasn't allowed to). Anya was wayyy more important than the twins.

I really wish they had pulled the trigger on the Astra stuff. the few times that she's shown up, it was to make cryptic comments about 'lehnsherr' family dna. they showed, in an astral plane scenario, her memories of what looked to be the twins. of course, she also claimed to have seen Nightcrawler as a child.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-29-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    It was one-sided before that. Whizzer got narrative, Miss America didn't. Django got narrative, Marya didn't. Magda got some from Mags' stories but barely any as the twins' mother. Natalya existed much the same and was killed off when her use was met. It's a problem with how they tell the stories. Again though, personally, out of all of them, I prefer Magda.
    At least with Natalya and Marya, Wanda got to interact with them. But in all cases, the mother is always dead or believed to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I really wish they had pulled the trigger on the Astra stuff. the few times that she's shown up, it was to make cryptic comments about 'lehnsherr' family dna. they showed, in an astral plane scenario, her memories of what looked to be the twins. of course, she also claimed to have seen Nightcrawler as a child.

Well Astra is a crap character, so we could easily ignore her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't see any scenario where Magda doesn't get a poor treatment. Most of her comic book existence felt like a plot device to explain Magneto as the father and not much more, and I don't expect that to change now, even if she's their biological mother again. I don't believe for one second the retcon would be undone because they care about Magda or because they're trying to please Magda fans. The truth is, the Maximoff parentage always felt very one-sided after the Magneto retcon. Now, of course, there is also the possibility that if Natalya remains their mother, she might also get the Magda treatment and become just a prop in Magneto's story, but I really, really hope that's not the case. I just want Wanda and Pietro to have a mother that has enough substance to stand out on her own and not be just ''the woman who got knocked up by Mags''.
    She's Magneto's wife and Anya's mother..basically another knife in Magneto's heart that makes him who he is. That's how u know House Of M was what Quicksilver wanted and not Magneto...Magneto would never start over without Anya and Luna.

Extraordinary Member

Nah...Pretty sure HoM is how Bendis and Bendis only wanted it.
    And HoM reality had a history of its own, if Magda and Anya are still alive, Magneto wouldn't conquer the world in the end.(Also Lorna probably won't exist as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Nah...Pretty sure HoM is how Bendis and Bendis only wanted it.
    And HoM reality had a history of its own, if Magda and Anya are still alive, Magneto wouldn't conquer the world in the end.(Also Lorna probably won't exist as well.)
    the story itself ... perhaps.

but the "house of magnus" is appealing to many, and one of the best gifts of 2018 would be to see a return to it.

kevin wada's fashion-forward design is proof of that. i'd love to see him re-do this, but include polaris and luna as well.

BANNED

I can not say enough how much I enjoy Wada's art.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    She's Magneto's wife and Anya's mother..basically another knife in Magneto's heart that makes him who he is. That's how u know House Of M was what Quicksilver wanted and not Magneto...Magneto would never start over without Anya and Luna.
    Quicksilver would not create a world without Luna and Crystal. For that reason I don't believe in the legitimacy of the story. This is just Bendis being a jerk to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver would not create a world without Luna and Crystal. For that reason I don't believe in the legitimacy of the story. This is just Bendis being a jerk to the characters.
    Nah, it just how Bendis treats characters, screw the research and just "reinvent" them to suit his way of writing and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    this is very true.

i believe the in-story explanation is that qs and sw used professor as a telepathic filter to suss out everyone's "heart's desire" - but since wanda was in a mentally disturbed state and there would likely be conflicts in trying to merge a one-world where everyone's heart desire is fulfilled, you ended up with such a reality as house of m.

logically, it makes sense given the premise

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    I can not say enough how much I enjoy Wada's art.
    yes kevin wada LOVES the house of m clan.

here's another of the twins but in their "movie" persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the story itself ... perhaps.

but the "house of magnus" is appealing to many, and one of the best gifts of 2018 would be to see a return to it.

kevin wada's fashion-forward design is proof of that. i'd love to see him re-do this, but include polaris and luna as well.

Okay, but I never like to refer to them as House of M/House of Magnus(too much bad memory) when only one of them carry the name.
    Back in Vision and Scarlet Witch, she told herself she is just Wanda, not Wanda Maximoff/Frank/Magnus.
    If she had to pick a name, Maximoff seems most fit.
    And yes, they are a family. But don't treat them like royalty or unseparatable.
    They have their own very different places in MU.

Over-dramatic family drama never did them good.

Well-crafted small crossovers from time to time are the way to go.
    They are not Richards to whom staying together is normal, to them, separation is.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-02-2018 at 07:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Back in Vision and Scarlet Witch, she told herself she is just Wanda, not Wanda Maximoff/Frank/Magnus.
    If she had to pick a name, Maximoff seems most fit..
    Back when they did that was because they were trying to create suspense for the eventual parentage reveal that Bill Mantlo was writing. But yes, now for sure, she refers to herself as a Maximoff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this is very true.

i believe the in-story explanation is that qs and sw used professor as a telepathic filter to suss out everyone's "heart's desire" - but since wanda was in a mentally disturbed state and there would likely be conflicts in trying to merge a one-world where everyone's heart desire is fulfilled, you ended up with such a reality as house of m.

logically, it makes sense given the premise
    I already gave up logic thinking with HoM and want to make a parody version of it.
    And AD as well, amnesia being the mystery forever.