Page 184 of 613 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 9194
    BANNED

Bendis' comments about the love the super family have for each other also puts to rest any fears of her involvement with Lex in the September solicit, at so it would appear. I mean, there's bound to be some tension between them in regards to it, but it's also clear they will talk it over with each other and it will be something Clark will begrudgingly go along with.

Since Lois is back, we have no idea why she just won't return to the Daily Planet, and her working at Lexcorp might have something to do more with the grand cosmic trek she'd just undertaken and Lex's actions in Justice League are tied somehow to it. Bendis has already shown he'll dabble in continuity when it suits him, so we might get something out of this in relation to what Snyder is doing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis' comments about the love the super family have for each other also puts to rest any fears of her involvement with Lex in the September solicit, at so it would appear. I mean, there's bound to be some tension between them in regards to it, but it's also clear they will talk it over with each other and it will be something Clark will begrudgingly go along with.

Since Lois is back, we have no idea why she just won't return to the Daily Planet, and her working at Lexcorp might have something to do more with the grand cosmic trek she'd just undertaken and Lex's actions in Justice League are tied somehow to it. Bendis has already shown he'll dabble in continuity when it suits him, so we might get something out of this in relation to what Snyder is doing.
    Her books likely sell a ton, I don't see a reason for her to go back immediately till she wants too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    imagine if we saw this page before we knew what happened to Lois and Jon...just imagine how much hate Bendis would be getting on here lol
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 07-05-2018 at 03:24 PM.

BANNED

Lois is only in Action Comics 1001 for "a bit"

https://twitter.com/jacklazer/status...16849191079943

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

My mind's kind of buzzing from all the information and the implications of the last issue. I really thought I knew the structure of the book, but Bendis keeps you on your toes with this run.

So, if we're getting confirmed flashbacks for Zaar's backstory in Superman, I wanna hazard a guess that we'll also be getting flashbacks for Lois' time in space with Jon and Jor-El as the story unpacks. I'd love to know how she got back first. Jor-El sends her away once she starts to oppose him? She gets separated from them the two of them, and basically hitchhikes back to Earth off the good will that the S shield brings in some parts of the galaxy? I wanna know her story one way or the other. I wonder if she's going to Lex because she's gonna need to know how to take down a kryptonian as a human, and that's kind of Lex's whole deal?

In Jon's case, he apparently comes back relatively soon, but a bit down the line in Superman, and he's all "grandpa's crazy." I wanna hazard another guess and say that the Jon we see may actually be an aged up Jon after he doesn't agree with Jor-El. Then again, it might actually be Jon from the future coming to warn Superman about what he perceives as Jor-El being crazy. But I honestly don't know lol

Bendis shrouds Jor-El in all these shades of gray in both the comic and the interviews. You get the feeling that he actually does want whats best for his family, but his version of "best" may not line up from everyone elses, or it actually might and he's playing 5 steps ahead of everyone else, and it's just perceived as bad. In any case, his condescending does end up, apparently, being part of the push that has Superman take more of a futurist outlook. Or maybe the futurist is Jor-El?

I don't think I've had this many story based "what's gonna happen next" questions regarding the plot for a Superman book in...well....like maybe ever, if I'm being honest. There's a crazy amount of moving parts going on here, and that's not even getting to the Metropolis, Daily Planet, Red Mist, Zaar, Zod, and Phantom Zone stuff.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

"Who or what is the red mist and why does it want to murder Metropolis?"

BANNED

replace rick and morty with jor el and jon and you got yourself a great comic series.

"PICKLE JOR-EL"

To exact revenge on Kick-Ass?

Red-Mist-screencaps-red-mist-12165502-927-458.jpg

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think that'll be the villain of Action Comics, while Superman continues to focus on Rogal Zaar..

BANNED

TV spot for the Bendis run

Pretty cool commercial. I don't know what it'll do for your average joe, but I liked it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I want to know who put that commercial together, because it seems like it partially misses the point of a commercial.

A commercial is supposed to tell you what product is being offered, why you need it, and where you can find it. This commercial, okay, it tells us that a writer with some credit to his name is writing Superman. Cool. It gives us some action shots that look great. Excellent. The commercial does a solid job of showing the product off.

But where do you find this product? The small print at the end says "local comic shop" but the average Joe isn't going to know what that is or where to find one. They don't list the 1-800 number that'll tell you where the nearest LCS is (if that number is even still active?) and it doesn't mention digital options at all (which is likely intentional so retailers don't bitch more than they already are).

I feel like this commercial wasn't aimed at the general public, but at comic fans who aren't reading Superman right now. And that feels like a huge waste of money and time. There aren't that many comic fans out in the world, and the majority of them will have already heard about the Bendis-era Superman through online sites and/or their LCS. They'll already know about the book, and will have already decided whether to buy it or not. This commercial might grab some folks on the fence, but if they had included some information about where to find the product they might have been able to pull in brand new readers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I kinda wonder if the ad is primarily for, like, YouTube and stuff but it will also air on TV. It’s not a great TV ad, but I feel like it works for the internet. Someone could see it before a video, think “that looks sweet,” then open a new tab and go on Amazon or whatever.

I’m just glad that this is getting the push it deserves.

TV spot for the Bendis run
    Cool. Not sure how effective it will be, but you have to try right?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But where do you find this product? The small print at the end says "local comic shop" but the average Joe isn't going to know what that is or where to find one. They don't list the 1-800 number that'll tell you where the nearest LCS is (if that number is even still active?) and it doesn't mention digital options at all (which is likely intentional so retailers don't bitch more than they already are).
    Ehhh, it takes like 3 seconds to Google "where to buy comics".
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Like "where to buy comics," you actually just type in "local comic shop" into google and all the ones by you will come up with directions and everything. Literally everyone I know who has a question about anything at all googles it first.

Plus, I hear Gamestops are now going to be selling comics, and that's pretty big.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.