Page 154 of 211 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Every attempt they make to “class up” this thing and make it more serious and “mature” the sillier it gets.
    ...how are chapter titles an attempt to "class up" this thing? A lot of movies actually have title chapters, whether we know them or not.

BANNED

my curiosity to see this movie just went up

Superhero ensembles have always struggled because there are so many characters and it always feels as if the end, the cgi and action just takes over everything, we see this with avengers, even the Batman v Supermn doomsday could have been left out.
    and it does not help that many times, many ensemble movies have the weakest plots and generic story telling,

however a film that is divided into 6 parts could be the first time the drama and story telling part can finally win over a very large scale ensemble comic film that we sill expect some action.

I have always said some comic teams work better as TV or mini series as you can do so little with a 3 hour movie. This snyder cut may be an opening for the genre because when you think of it now, we cant really call this a film but we cant call it a tv series either,

This may be a first of it's kind. Good-luck Zack. I hope this pays off.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-04-2021 at 03:00 AM.

All-New Member

One of Snyder's problems has always been a lack of patience. He has ideas for 10 movies, but he doesn't want to take the time to carefully build a cinematic universe. No, he wants to overload everything he makes with anything he can think of, as fast as possible, because more is always better.

His previous films were 150 minutes long, but they had ideas/ambitions that would take at least 300 minutes to make it a clear and coherent story. I thought that this new cut would finally give him the time he needs to do everything he wants, but it seems that he's just gonna use his 250 minutes to cram in 500 minutes worth of random scenes and characters he desperately wants to use. Same mistakes, only more and bigger.

Splitting it up into chapters means very little. It will still be too much. "And he is in it. And she is in it. And then X shows up. And suddenly there is a cameo of Y. And then I'm gonna reference this. And then I'm going to do an hommage to that famous cover. But then. And then. Of course then." Like a little kid with a bunch of toys.

Obviously I'm making a lot of assumptions. But Snyder does this EVERY SINGLE TIME. And everything in the trailer very, very, very strongly suggests that he's gonna continue doing exactly that. And let's be honest, whether you like his style or not, Zack's range is limited, it's not that he can actually do anything else but his routine shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikix View Post
    One of Snyder's problems has always been a lack of patience. He has ideas for 10 movies, but he doesn't want to take the time to carefully build a cinematic universe. No, he wants to overload everything he makes with anything he can think of, as fast as possible, because more is always better.

His previous films were 150 minutes long, but they had ideas/ambitions that would take at least 300 minutes to make it a clear and coherent story. I thought that this new cut would finally give him the time he needs to do everything he wants, but it seems that he's just gonna use his 250 minutes to cram in 500 minutes worth of random scenes and characters he desperately wants to use. Same mistakes, only more and bigger.

Splitting it up into chapters means very little. It will still be too much. "And he is in it. And she is in it. And then X shows up. And suddenly there is a cameo of Y. And then I'm gonna reference this. And then I'm going to do an hommage to that famous cover. But then. And then. Of course then." Like a little kid with a bunch of toys.

Obviously I'm making a lot of assumptions. But Snyder does this EVERY SINGLE TIME. And everything in the trailer very, very, very strongly suggests that he's gonna continue doing exactly that. And let's be honest, whether you like his style or not, Zack's range is limited, it's not that he can actually do anything else but his routine shtick.
    His ambition is bigger than his talent as a writer and storyteller. A lot of people have problems with his movies for a reason.

Astonishing Member

So...Zack’s original story outlines for JL Part 2 leaked and it turns out the plan was to have Bruce and Lois have a kid together....

Here’s the plot outlines here.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-04-2021 at 06:05 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    So...Zack’s original story outlines for JL Part 2 leaked and it turns out the plan was to have Bruce and Lois have a kid together....

Oh my God.

"The Last Supper of the Justice League."

I.... don't know what to think about that, other than shock that these ideas initially got greenlit.

Shows a basic lack of understanding who these heroes are. Which I didn't get from what he has already done.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh my God.

"The Last Supper of the Justice League."
    It wouldn’t be a Zack Snyder thing if it didn’t have the most hamfisted of Christ references....
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Bruce and Lois getting together would have been gross. I would have hated it.

what else was he thinking? getting superman and wonder woman together.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-04-2021 at 07:01 PM.

I was tempted to watch it since i have HBOMax for Godzilla v Kong but wasn't overly psyched given I didn't care for MoS or BvS (or the Whedon cut, for that matter). Hearing it ends on a cliffhanger, I'm out. I've got absolutely no interest in watching a four hour movie with no ending.

So Snyder's Superman arc:

-Batman beats up Superman and nearly kills him
    -Superman dies at the hands of a monster created by Kryptonian tech (basically the world wouldn't be in danger if his ship hadn't arrived on earth)
    -He's resurrected, becomes a tool of Darkseid and helps him destroy the planet
    -Batman impregnates Lois
    -Batman sacrifices himself and is the big hero, while Superman raises Bruce and Lois' love child

...wow
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-04-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Can’t decide if I’m happy we avoided that train wreck or disappointed we didn’t get to watch it play out.

So, yeah...not feeling any renewed faith in Snyder's vision of the DC Universe.

I don’t ever want to hear about “Snyder’s vision” again. What a joke.