Mighty Member

Wonder Woman 2 Looks Like It May Shoot In The UK This Summer

Wonder Woman 2 is set to begin production this summer. Patty Jenkins is returning to direct, and of course Gal Gadot will return as Diana. The film is being penned by Dave Callaham (Doom, The Expendables). Yikes!

Omega Underground reports that Warner Bros.’ plan is to return to the United Kingdom to shoot at least part of the sequel, using stage space at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, England.

Most productions choose sound stages and studios near where exterior filming will take place. So, expect more Wonder Woman action in Europe in Wonder Woman 2.
    Source

I thought Patty and Johns were writing the movie?

Astonishing Member

The strength of the director is usually enough to overcome the weakness of the writer so I still have hope.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I thought Patty and Johns were writing the movie?
    Apparently Warner Bros. hired him as a co-writer. You know how WB is, they just can't resist meddling in something instead of trusting the artists visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Apparently Warner Bros. hired him as a co-writer. You know how WB is, they just can't resist meddling in something instead of trusting the artists visions.
    Or you needed a comic book guy to help out making a film. Patty Jenkins is talented. But she is no comic book expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The strength of the director is usually enough to overcome the weakness of the writer so I still have hope.
    I have heard differently. You can make a bad film out of a good script. But its really difficult to make a good film out of a bad script. Script of a film is the foundation of it. You can't make a solid building without a proper foundation. We need not worry unnecessarily. Patty Jenkins will be writing too. At least that's what i last heard.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-31-2018 at 11:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Or you needed a comic book guy to help out making a film. Patty Jenkins is talented. But she is no comic book expert.
    Read the article linked to.

Not Johns but Dave Callaham. Who wrote The Expendables, Doom, the new Mortal Kombat movie, and created the Jean-Claude Van Johnson tv show.
    It's basically doomed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I have heard differently. You can make a bad film out of a good script. But its really difficult to make a good film out of a bad script. Script of a film is the foundation of it. You can't make a solid building without a proper foundation. We need not worry unnecessarily. Patty Jenkins will be writing too. At least that's what i last heard.
    No. What I mean when I say that "the strengths of the director can usually overcome the weakness of the writer" is that film is much more of a director's medium than it is a writers medium. I can only point to the example of the writer-director collaboration between Chris Nolan and David Goyer for Batman Begins. IMO Goyer is not a strong writer but Nolan's strength as a director( being as much as a storytelling director as he is a visual one) he's able to have say on how the script developed and can change things around to make things work better. I'm not saying a good director can still make a good film out of bad film but rather I'm saying a director can mitigate the weakness of the writer, and have enough influence to bring out the strengths of the writer. If Goyer had written and directed Batman Begins purely on his own I guarantee you it would've been a disaster(just look at Blade Trinity after Goyer collaborated with Del Toro as only a writer on Blade 2).
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-31-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

@Amadeus Arkham and @Osiris-Rex i am sorry. I have been a jerk posting like that. I should have read that article before posting. I thought you were among those people who hate Geoff Johns and trash on his writing before even reading them. I am not a big Johns fan myself but when i read your comments i thought you were bringing that hate for Johns(which he receives quite a bit around here) to the films. Whatever anyone's opinion might have been about Johns he co-wrote Wonder Woman. And his comic book knowledge is valuable for films. I have made a fool of myself and have been rude. I am not going repeat something like that ever again. Without reading the post that @Beantownbrown kindly posted i went off commenting. Its trollish behaviour and i am sorry.

And thank you @Carabas for pointing it out to me. I was rude. Its true. Why are they bringing a writer like him? I looked up his other works. He does not inspire confidence. His writing credits include Godzilla the new one. And Expendables. I haven't watched the two films to really say something.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-31-2018 at 08:30 PM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

It was Patty who chose David Callaham as a writer - they collaborated before on an unrealized pre-Wonder Woman project of hers so maybe she sees something the rest of us don't in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    It was Patty who chose David Callaham as a writer - they collaborated before on an unrealized pre-Wonder Woman project of hers so maybe she sees something the rest of us don't in him.
    Jeez, I guess we should trust Patty’s judgment but damn that guy’s resume is horrible. Despite the fact that Patty chose him it’s still disheartening that someone with that track record is handling the Wonder Woman writing duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Then its a different matter. Its true that his resume does not inspire much confidence. But Patty Jenkins brought him to the fold. It may be either or both of the two. She may have seen something and/or they collaborated before in that project. So its not really troubling to me. We will find out in two years.

I think Patty recommended him to help her with penning the action set pieces and setup. Otherwise I'm sure she's doing most of the heavylifting when it comes to character and story beats, maybe with Johns's contributions too. She did a lot of uncredited rewriting on the script for the original movie with Johns, so now she's got a hang of this.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-01-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Read the article linked to.

Not Johns but Dave Callaham. Who wrote The Expendables, Doom, the new Mortal Kombat movie, and created the Jean-Claude Van Johnson tv show.
    It's basically doomed.
    The person who wrote the first Wonder Woman film also wrote some Peter Pan filck that flopped and this was one of numerous reasons people claimed that film was doomed.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The first Wonder Woman film was constantly being bombarded with rumors that it was doomed or going to be a mess, and look how that turned out.

As long as Jenkins is in charge, I'm not too worried. Nobody can predict how these things will turn out based on prior experience. Look at Whedon's track record, and then look at the dumpster fire that is JL. There are far bigger concerns elsewhere in the DCEU.