Page 49 of 121 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The five year thing remaining is pretty gusty; I have to admit I didn’t see that coming.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-28-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Undoing the 5 years is tantamount to rebooting and cancelling out any type of growth whether for our heroes or the world at large. And what guarantee was there that they wouldn't be down this road again reliving the event that lead to the first snapping?
    In fairness, they could have looped time back without anyone dying but everyone remembering what happened

and the people that were born or died during that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The five year thing is remaining is pretty gusty I have to admit I didn’t see that coming.
    I wish I could find my post after Infinity War. I predicted a long gap afterwards, but I can’t be sure if I said five years or not.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I wish I could find my post after Infinity War. I predicted a long gap afterwards, but I can’t be sure if I said five years or not.
    I think a lot of people were expecting a time jump of sorts, just not many expected the time jump to stick.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sidebar, it already grossed US $1.2 billion worldwide.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8890266.html
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sidebar, it already grossed US $1.2 billion worldwide.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8890266.html
    In only two days. Damn.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yup, and there's a thread for its box-office results here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think a lot of people were expecting a time jump of sorts, just not many expected the time jump to stick.
    I always thought there should be a time jump but I at least expected maybe two years at most. Now that a five year time jump remains it’ll be interesting to see how Far From Home deals with this seeing as we saw Peter return back to school with Ned(who also hasn’t aged in five years).

We know that in Far From Home(which will take place after Endgame) Flash, MJ, and Betty are still high school aged which leads me to believe they were snap victims like Peter was. It’s the only logical explanation for why they haven’t aged in five years and aren’t in college by now.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-28-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Mighty Member

On the Mjolnir bit: Given Thor's reaction, he wasn't the least bit surprised. I believe his line was "I knew it!"

Remember, Thor saw the hammer budge when Steve took his turn in AoU. He has suspected Steve's worthiness for some time.

The real question is actually this: could Steve have picked up the hammer in AoU, and was only faking it to spare Thor's feelings? I suspect not, that the scene was meant at face value, but it makes for a compelling reading.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that Vision was absolutely worthy. Newly born, the spell on the hammer was judging purely on his nature, his innate character.

Might have been fun to revisit it after Viz became more human later, and had foibles and poor choices behind him. Would he still have been worthy?

Well that’s possible. But we are past reset buttons now I think. The trick is to establish good reasons why a reset switch is not the best option. In this movie they did it well. How can you just wish away a young child who loves you 3000. (Even if they might turn into a gender switched Kang.)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    On the Mjolnir bit: Given Thor's reaction, he wasn't the least bit surprised. I believe his line was "I knew it!"

Remember, Thor saw the hammer budge when Steve took his turn in AoU. He has suspected Steve's worthiness for some time.

The real question is actually this: could Steve have picked up the hammer in AoU, and was only faking it to spare Thor's feelings? I suspect not, that the scene was meant at face value, but it makes for a compelling reading.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that Vision was absolutely worthy. Newly born, the spell on the hammer was judging purely on his nature, his innate character.

Might have been fun to revisit it after Viz became more human later, and had foibles and poor choices behind him. Would he still have been worthy?
    I agree wholeheartedly about The Vision. The underlying message of the birth of The Vision was that he is a child of The Avengers. All of them. There is a lot of visual imagery that suggests birth, and every member plays a part in birthing him. He is born worthy. How could he not be.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I always thought there should be a time jump but I at least expected maybe two years at most. Now that a five year time jump remains it’ll be interesting to see how Far From Home deals with this seeing as we saw Peter return back to school with Ned(who also hasn’t aged five years).

We know that in Far From Home(which will take place after Endgame) Flash, MJ, and Betty are still high school aged which leads me to believe they were snap victims like Peter was. It’s the only logical explanation for why they haven’t aged in five years and aren’t in college by now.
    I think opening FFH with something that’s heavily inspired by USM #111 (the talk) would be the best and most painless way to handle the transition. Would allow them to kill multiple birds with 1 stone that can do most of the work to setting up the post-Endgame status quo before the words “Spider-man: Far From Home” even comes on screen.

BANNED

Perhaps the ramifications of the five year jump are the basis for the next phase? It's certainly rich ground for it.

I think opening FFH with something that’s heavily inspired by USM #111 (the talk) would be the best and most painless way to handle the transition. Would allow them to kill multiple birds with 1 stone that can do most of the work to setting up the post-Endgame status quo before the words “Spider-man: Far From Home” even comes on screen.
    There always seems to be this strange worry that things won’t be handled well. Even eleven years into the most successful movie franchise.