Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superman#19 (spoilers)

Wonder Woman certainly looks pissed off. I'm suprised none of the other heroes seem to notice her looking so annoyed.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Steve and Clark could have been its own issue.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

My thoughts

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah the Clark-Lois-Perry-Jimmy conversation was great, I loved it. Mongul is basically a petulant man child in this issue and I dunno I kind of dig that? He’ll never equal the awe-inspiring horror that DARKSEID IS so I can roll with the Bendisspeak making him talk differently from usual.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Wonder Woman certainly looks pissed off. I'm suprised none of the other heroes seem to notice her looking so annoyed.
    Yes, and here's my question: WHY IS HARLEY QUINN IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?!!!!!!!!

She was Joker's girlfriend/sidekick! She helped him kill people! Is this the Injustice universe now where we're overlooking mass murder just because a character is popular? "Yeah, but she's got a movie coming out, you guyzzzzz!""
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

She was Joker's girlfriend/sidekick! She helped him kill people! Is this the Injustice universe now where we're overlooking mass murder just because a character is popular? "Yeah, but she's got a movie coming out, you guyzzzzz!""
    Unfortunately yes. Harley is now a hero despite that flying in the face of any and all logic. It was infuriating seeing her get away with everything in Injustice but at this point I’ve just given up caring. Like it or not Harley is a Creator’s Pet and a cash cow.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

i think she showed up uninvited, pretty sure shes has done this before

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately yes. Harley is now a hero despite that flying in the face of any and all logic. It was infuriating seeing her get away with everything in Injustice but at this point I’ve just given up caring. Like it or not Harley is a Creator’s Pet and a cash cow.
    Was that man-bat in justice league? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He's been in Justice League Dark for the last couple of years. He lives at the Hall of Justice now.

Overall I really liked the issue. I was actually a little disappointed in the Mongul appearance. Figured that'd be next and we'd get more fallout here. I guess that's really being reserved for the Heroes Special next week. The first sequence was as great as it looked in the preview, the last page was equally as well done. I liked the Trish Q beat too. I recall a while back discussing that she'd spike the kissing photo or at least have some sort of reflection on that due to Superman saving her life specifically. Otherwise it was a solid issue.

This weeks Batman/Superman touched on this as well too. Tying Clark's decision to come out in part to the fallout from the BWL's plans there as well. Adds a little more to the decision.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-22-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

He joined Justice League Dark, So I think maybe he should be a leaguer or reservist?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's been in Justice League Dark for the last couple of years. He lives at the Hall of Justice now.
    Didn't know that. I don't particularly keep track of justice league. It's always boring to me. Unless something happens exciting or there are dudes involved like plastic man or booster gold or guy gardner. You know, some misfits.

Didn't know that. I don't particularly keep track of justice league. It's always boring to me. Unless something happens exciting or there are dudes involved like plastic man or booster gold or guy gardner. You know, some misfits.
    I love Tynion’s JLD so I recommend that if you want to read Man-Bat on the JL.

Astonishing Member

You know, some misfits.
    JL Dark has Man-Bat, Detective Chimp, and John Constantine. So...

I've never been a fan of Bendis' Superman (nor AC and other DC books), but damn this issue was surprisingly great! Both the dialogue and the art were on point.
    I can't believe I'm praising a (current) Bendis book, but I'm candid. When I dislike it I'll be vocal about it, but when I like it I'll still be vocal about it and show my satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    JL Dark has Man-Bat, Detective Chimp, and John Constantine. So...
    Yeah! I think i will give it a try. I like man-bat.