Page 59 of 117 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So how is this different than Apocalypse being made into High Priest?

No, because my body doesn't try and blow off my face or turn me into a literal tree. If those things do happen, it's considered a medical condition and it isn't glorified.

Oh, crap, I meant Apocalypse and Sinister and Selene. What would happen if a justified country tried to arrest them?
    with the rafts history and considering those 3 im pretty sure most goverments are more than happy to have all of them in one place

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and carried in tears by carol while every other avenger defends her
    Except for Carol, they didn't really defend her, and barely tried to get him to back off.

In any case, the point was that she was not immediately welcomed back into the Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    When you love someone, you don't want anything bad happen to him…
    Babies are born everyday with fatal diseases. They were born that way… we don't let them die, do we?
    Well, actually, there has been a push for more palliative care for babies. Doctors do what they can, but sometimes you really just have to let them die

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Anyone can end a nation. Look at America’s current President and all the hard work he’s doing to ensure America falls apart.
    Anyone can do all sorts of evil ****. Look at Jeff Bezos, hoarding billions while abusing his employees.
    Exodus can murder gods, sure, but has he? And...don’t some gods frankly deserve to be murdered...?
    Selene has committed atrocities. And she’s under constant watchful observation, I’m sure. Not gallivanting around the world as a beloved superhero after nearly wiping out an entire race.

Look, I don’t hate Wanda. I hate what the writers made her do. And I hate that no writer seems to think she needs to show contrition for what she did. GENUINE contrition would go a long way towards redeeming the character, but no...they just keep writing her as an anti-mutant racist with zero empathy for the lives she destroyed.

Cassandra Nova committed the larger genocide. No argument. She is a MUCH bigger monster than Wanda will EVER be.

But she isn’t a beloved-by-the-world Avenger. She isn’t jetting around the world as a celebrity. She isn’t being presented as a hero by every narrative but the one she devastated...
    I'm not saying Wanda is a saint either but the hypocrisy being sprouted about how she did something so horrible and was never punished is ridiculous, when you realize damn near the entire council of Krakoa has committed horrible atrocities and gotten away with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If you don't eat your vegetables the big bad witch will come for you. Love that Hickman acknowledged this
    Any time I get pissed at how little Wanda is used in current comics I can at least look back at these '00s X-Men panels and find it kind of a miracle that she ever appeared in a comic as a good guy again, ever. The X-men writers were doing everything they could to make people think she was never a hero and never would be again.

Thank God for Joss Whedon and his 1970s Boomer nostalgia.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He's shown dedication to the cause and he's a mutant. The plan is to unite mutants, as risky as that may be.

When did that happen? He tells Melody that if she wants to live her life as a human, "there's nothing wrong with that".
    So he's a mutant? Everything is cool so long as he's a mutant?

And he told her that after calling human weaks and dishonest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    And Apocalypse, Sinister, Magneto, and Exodus all whom have committed horrible crimes against thousands are being exalted on Krakoa and worshiped as saviors and gods, your argument is flawed.
    by mutants in krakoa, not the rest of the planet unlike wanda who is given a spot on a team and the pretense of heroism

with the rafts history and considering those 3 im pretty sure most goverments are more than happy to have all of them in one place
    You mean like how countries were cheerfully handing over their mutants in Mauraders?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    And Apocalypse, Sinister, Magneto, and Exodus all whom have committed horrible crimes against thousands are being exalted on Krakoa and worshiped as saviors and gods, your argument is flawed.
    None of them are being worshipped as gods. Saviors, sure. But aren't they working to build and protect this nation?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

by mutants in krakoa, not the rest of the planet unlike wanda who is given a spot on a team and the pretense of heroism
    The Avengers aren't the rest of the planet. They're outlaws right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think that photo is important. It's a major part of why the mutants do what they do.
    Will it prevent that it will happen again?

Isn't that the question?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Wandas wave threatened ascension
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    No, because my body doesn't try and blow off my face or turn me into a literal tree. If those things do happen, it's considered a medical condition and it isn't glorified.
    People with dwarfism, cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, MS, Ehlers-Danilo syndrome, Tay-Sachs, and other genetic maladies have bodies that betray them through quirks of genetic fate. These diseases are horribly painful or otherwise have a great potential for negative impact on society and on the lives of those afflicted. We should stop letting such people breed and properly control them instead of glorifying their medical conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The Avengers aren't the rest of the planet. They're outlaws right now.
    Right now, which is a temporary status quo and is years after the deciMation and her return to the team when they werent outlaws

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    You mean like how countries were cheerfully handing over their mutants in Mauraders?
    Civilians prime for brainwashing, experimentation and drug harvesting arent the same to dangerous criminals with the tendency of escaping any prison.