Page 110 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm old enough to have remembered the switch!
    I remember TVLand in the 90's had the best promo about it. Darren 1, Darren 2, York, Sargent, who cares? They're both Dicks.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I remember TVLand in the 90's had the best promo about it. Darren 1, Darren 2, York, Sargent, who cares? They're both Dicks.
    Heh. That certainly wouldn't have flown as a promo back in the '70s when I was a youngster.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here as well:

List of possible candidates, according to this article:
    https://www.looper.com/211169/underr...e-as-batwoman/

Stephanie Beatriz
    Jane Levy
    Rachelle Lefevre
    Bridget Regan
    Phoebe Tonkin
    Ashley Platz
    Alexandra Daddario

IMHO still would prefer Wallis Day, just have to see what happens.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-23-2020 at 09:58 PM. Reason: typo

Mighty Member

Rumors are circulating that the Batwoman recasting call is focusing on actresses who have already appeared on the CW. At least one rumor specifically naming Peyton List (the one who played Golden Glider, and most recently appeared on Star Trek: Picard) as being under consideration.

Supposedly they have a list of criteria they're hoping to meet, including physical similarity to Ruby Rose, LGBTQ status, CW affiliation and others.

I should stress that it has all been rumors at this point, I have absolutely no idea if any of it is actual, official information. Take with massive grains of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    At least one rumor specifically naming Peyton List (the one who played Golden Glider, and most recently appeared on Star Trek: Picard) as being under consideration.
    Which would make her an awful choice - Lisa Snart appeared in multiple episodes of the Flash, she was far more than a mere cameo. If Kate Kane and Lisa Snart were to have the same face then the CW isn't even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Which would make her an awful choice - Lisa Snart appeared in multiple episodes of the Flash, she was far more than a mere cameo. If Kate Kane and Lisa Snart were to have the same face then the CW isn't even trying.
    And it would be at least the second time she was a recast for a DC role (the other being Poison Ivy on Gotham).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What this show won't survive is another whole season with Alice being loose and seemingly unstoppable, for no real reasons.
    She's a Batman villain what reason do we really need?

Ultimate Member

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here as well:

List of possible candidates, according to this article:
    https://www.looper.com/211169/underr...e-as-batwoman/

Stephanie Beatriz
    Jane Levy
    Rachelle Lefevre
    Bridget Regan
    Phoebe Tonkin
    Ashley Platz
    Alexandra Daddario

IMHO still would prefer Wallis Day, just have to see what happens.
    It's a riot how some of those listed are like 'and she's a redhead, which makes her perfect to play...' a woman who is *not* a redhead, but wears a red wig to disguise her identity? Really?

I wonder if the actress handover is going to go without mention, other than perhaps Mary saying, 'Love your new look,' or something to hang the lampshade, or they are going to deal with it in the narrative via some sort of 'Alice captures Kate and surgically gives her a new face to 'symbolically kill her'' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's a riot how some of those listed are like 'and she's a redhead, which makes her perfect to play...' a woman who is *not* a redhead, but wears a red wig to disguise her identity? Really? .
    Well...comic Kate is a natural redhead, the wig effect is more just meant to be deceptive of her hair length.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well...comic Kate is a natural redhead, the wig effect is more just meant to be deceptive of her hair length.
    Comic Kate and TV Kate are not the same though, and TV Kate has been established as a (natural) brunette - so to switch her to a natural redhead in S2 would be odd.

Comic Kate and TV Kate are not the same though, and TV Kate has been established as a (natural) brunette - so to switch her to a natural redhead in S2 would be odd.
    I know...otherwise it would make more sense .

I say have a new person be batwoman that way it levs it open for ruby rose to come back or do a guest spot down the road if she wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I say have a new person be batwoman that way it levs it open for ruby rose to come back or do a guest spot down the road if she wants to.
    It doesn't seem like Ruby Rose left the show on the best of terms so I doubt anyone involved with the show is going to want Ruby Rose back for anything. Some rumors think she was fired, but I think it was sort of mutual.
    Neither one wanted anything to do with the other anymore. So even if someone for some reason wanted Ruby Rose back she might not want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It doesn't seem like Ruby Rose left the show on the best of terms so I doubt anyone involved with the show is going to want Ruby Rose back for anything. Some rumors think she was fired, but I think it was sort of mutual.
    Neither one wanted anything to do with the other anymore. So even if someone for some reason wanted Ruby Rose back she might not want to do it.
    Probably but I'd like to leave the door open for her at least.

On a more positive note:
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...cenes-moments/

Heh, one of the Titan actors would have liked a team-up between his character and RR's Batwoman, oh well.
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...meo-ruby-rose/

During The CW's five-part crossover event "Crisis on Infinite Earths", the Titans briefly appeared as a heroic team on an alternate Earth within the Multiverse. While the appearance was brief -- the Titans didn't interact with any of the Arrowverse heroes -- the fact that they "exist" in that larger world is a fun thing to think about and when asked what DC show he'd like to see Jason crossover with, Walters thought Batwoman sounded pretty cool.

"Oh, you know who I would love to work with and I think he'd be a good fit with is on Batwoman with Ruby [Rose]," Walters said. "I think that would be a pretty cool crossover for sure."

"And Ruby's great so, yeah, that'd be pretty fun," he added.

The idea of Batwoman and Jason Todd getting to share the screen together and even teaming up is a fun one. The pair has teamed up in comics before, most recent on the pages of Red Hood and the Outlaws. Unfortunately, even if the Titans were to get a chance to cross into the Arrowverse in a significant fashion even if they were to pay Earth-Prime's Gotham a visit, it won't be Rose's Batwoman they meet.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-25-2020 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Found another article