Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    You are exactly right. I will add this as well. If Marvel is so eager to get rid of the Slott run ( bringing back Doc Ock instead of letting him remain an anti-hero being one example of this), because they know how on average the Slott run was reviled, why do they choose not to allow Peter to grow? I thought that was one of the prime complaints about Slott? Basically another stupid decision. One more point: Do we really need another “Layer of lasagna” with Betty getting pregnant? Just another example of Spencer wanting to write another Peter character. His entire run is running off the rails.
    To be honest, the part of Doc Ock is better returning to his old status. I mean, I HATED the original Superior because a jerk stole Spidey and Peter's identity. It worked better when they repeated it with a cloned body of Peter, as clones can come and go. But seeing how much confusion there were with Otto having a mix of his own life and Peter's life, this clearly couldn't work for long. We already have Ben and Kaine, but it would have been better if the "Superior" would actually have been a clone created by mixing Otto and Peter's DNA and memories. So this new clone would work in a way to find his own identity, away from Otto and Peter's shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    To be honest, the part of Doc Ock is better returning to his old status. I mean, I HATED the original Superior because a jerk stole Spidey and Peter's identity. It worked better when they repeated it with a cloned body of Peter, as clones can come and go. But seeing how much confusion there were with Otto having a mix of his own life and Peter's life, this clearly couldn't work for long. We already have Ben and Kaine, but it would have been better if the "Superior" would actually have been a clone created by mixing Otto and Peter's DNA and memories. So this new clone would work in a way to find his own identity, away from Otto and Peter's shadows.
    Also... Otto as a good guy? It can work, but it's more than a little weird. Good weird or bad weird? Hmmmm depends on how it's written.

I don't understand why nobody has commented the recent revelations from "Amazing Spider-man #66". The whole plot of Kindred and its connection with One More Day keeps getting confusing after we discovered Carlie Cooper in a mysterious prision alongside... Harry Osborn?!!

I'm honestly not really surprised, because I find absurd that Harry could be just Harry Osborn turned bad again, but I'm really sick of this whole nonsense!!!

By the way, whatever is going to happen, I expect the marriage restored and Peter and Mary Jane having a child. Mainly because everyone in Spider-Man's circle have childs nowadays and I think it's time they let Spider-Man have his own too. I mean, Harry has Normie, Eddie Brock has Dylan, Adrian Toomas has a grandaughter... Come on! I want Peter's own child to interact with these kids!!
    Heck, TOMBSTONE has a daughter! Venom(the Symbiote) has children(in that weird way Klyntar reproduce).

Honestly Spider-Girl was one of the coolest parts of MC2. Hmmm Spider-girl going at it with Janice Lincoln or Lady Octopus would be fun. She already went at it with one of Venom's descendants. April was a fun character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also... Otto as a good guy? It can work, but it's more than a little weird. Good weird or bad weird? Hmmmm depends on how it's written.
    Otto as a good guy could work. Why? Anna Maria is the reason. But Marvel chooses not to go in that direction. Speaking of “Direction “ I wonder WTF happened with the solicits? I do not understand why except for the covers they are not giving clues about ASM 72 and 73. I find it hard to believe that this will be the end of the Kindred story ( and the Spencer run). Why? 1: Marvel has been using Higher Priced comics for Kingpin and the upcoming Chameleon story, why not for Kindred, which about 99% of readers consider more important then either Fisk or Chameleon? 2: There are so many plot lines that Spencer has left open ( including a new one featuring pregnant Betty), I cannot see how he leaves the book at the end of August with them remaining. If this happens it will not be on the level of JMS and Sins Past, but it certainly cannot be considered a positive: Either by Spencer ( by not finishing) or Marvel ( by not requiring him to focus on finishing what he started instead of adding more “Layers of lasagna” before finally serving the end to the customers ( in this case readers)).

Mighty Member

I don't think One More Day will get undone... At least in a conventional sense.
    But I've said before, I think Marvel regret how they handled the story, not the actual idea itself.
    They would mostly likely want to say "Yeah, we're with you guys" without actually reversing it.
    I want to point out, it's considered poor taste to undo something so big, especially from an editor in chief. Especially considering Quesada is still at Marvel. They probably don't want to burn bridges with him.
    Shooter they can as he was fired and he did the marriage, but Quesada still has an office at Marvel.

Maybe one day, maybe in 10 or 20 years, if it's still an issue, One More Day will get undone. But for now, it's effectively admitting it made a mistake and would rather move forward.

Mighty Member

Otto as a good guy could work. Why? Anna Maria is the reason. But Marvel chooses not to go in that direction. Speaking of “Direction “ I wonder WTF happened with the solicits? I do not understand why except for the covers they are not giving clues about ASM 72 and 73. I find it hard to believe that this will be the end of the Kindred story ( and the Spencer run). Why? 1: Marvel has been using Higher Priced comics for Kingpin and the upcoming Chameleon story, why not for Kindred, which about 99% of readers consider more important then either Fisk or Chameleon? 2: There are so many plot lines that Spencer has left open ( including a new one featuring pregnant Betty), I cannot see how he leaves the book at the end of August with them remaining. If this happens it will not be on the level of JMS and Sins Past, but it certainly cannot be considered a positive: Either by Spencer ( by not finishing) or Marvel ( by not requiring him to focus on finishing what he started instead of adding more “Layers of lasagna” before finally serving the end to the customers ( in this case readers)).
    One might imagine the solicits for 72 and 73 are more about not spoiling Heroes Reborn than Sinister War - Kindred's anger at Peter is seemingly entirely related to OMD so Mephisto's status quo at the time could be rather relevant- so it's quite possible that Marvel is more worried about the current event than whatever is happening in Sinister War.

Add me to the list of people that think Spencer's run isn't ending soon. As you say, there's too many balls in the air still, even with some plots recently finished up, for Chameleon Conspiracy and Sinister War to put a satisfying ending to Spencer's run.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I don't think One More Day will get undone... At least in a conventional sense.
    But I've said before, I think Marvel regret how they handled the story, not the actual idea itself.
    They would mostly likely want to say "Yeah, we're with you guys" without actually reversing it.
    I want to point out, it's considered poor taste to undo something so big, especially from an editor in chief. Especially considering Quesada is still at Marvel. They probably don't want to burn bridges with him.
    Shooter they can as he was fired and he did the marriage, but Quesada still has an office at Marvel.

Maybe one day, maybe in 10 or 20 years, if it's still an issue, One More Day will get undone. But for now, it's effectively admitting it made a mistake and would rather move forward.
    I am not waiting one more year ( let alone Amazing 1000 or 10-20 years for OMD to be erased). I am one of those who is done and that means with the exception of Hockey, Sunday Night baseball and Arizona State football all of Disney not just Marvel if OMD is not erased. I have been talking about the Slott run and what went wrong multiple times, but IF OMD remains Slott cannot be held accountable. In fact, because of Renew Your Vows and the miserable way Peter has looked over the past year of the Spencer run ( constantly losing, and Damsel In Distress to name two examples, his guilt is actually lessened ( something I never imagined would happen when I came back after he left the book). Marvel needs to Man The F Up and admit their mistake by getting rid of OMD and stop the Peter bashing. Which will allow the fans to move on. If they cannot, then I cannot forgive and especially forget OMD.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-21-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Mighty Member

I am not waiting one more year ( let alone Amazing 1000 or 10-20 years for OMD to be erased). I am one of those who is done and that means with the exception of Hockey, Sunday Night baseball and Arizona State football all of Disney not just Marvel if OMD is not erased. I have been talking about the Slott run and what went wrong multiple times, but IF OMD remains Slott cannot be held accountable. In fact, because of Renew Your Vows and the miserable way Peter has looked over the past year of the Spencer run ( constantly losing, and Damsel In Distress to name two examples, his guilt is actually lessened ( something I never imagined would happen when I came back after he left the book). Marvel needs to Man The F Up and admit their mistake by getting rid of OMD and stop the Peter bashing. Which will allow the fans to move on. If they cannot, then I cannot forgive and especially forget OMD.
    Again, Marvel aren't sorry One More Day happened, but more how they executed it.
    The Marriage was a "Problem" for Marvel as soon as it happened. They tried making MJ unlikable, killing her before deciding to just use magic to undo it.

Not only that, One More Day happened, there's no getting passed that. Even if it is written out, it would have still have happened.
    Outside of a DC reboot, Peter sold his marriage to Mephisto.
    As I said before, Marvel simply won't do it as they are still signing Quesada's checks.
    But Kindred is their way of admitting they did wrong. At most, they will redo the marriage which probably won't happen for a few years.

I'll be honest, I think Spencer's treatment of Peter has been the best since the JMS days. He uses his brain, knows he has allies and even through he may fail every now and then, he still continues. Heroes losing is something I'm okay with by the way, if they win in every issue, it gets incredibly boring

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Again, Marvel aren't sorry One More Day happened, but more how they executed it.
    The Marriage was a "Problem" for Marvel as soon as it happened. They tried making MJ unlikable, killing her before deciding to just use magic to undo it.

Not only that, One More Day happened, there's no getting passed that. Even if it is written out, it would have still have happened.
    Outside of a DC reboot, Peter sold his marriage to Mephisto.
    As I said before, Marvel simply won't do it as they are still signing Quesada's checks.
    But Kindred is their way of admitting they did wrong. At most, they will redo the marriage which probably won't happen for a few years.

I'll be honest, I think Spencer's treatment of Peter has been the best since the JMS days. He uses his brain, knows he has allies and even through he may fail every now and then, he still continues. Heroes losing is something I'm okay with by the way, if they win in every issue, it gets incredibly boring
    Wrong: Almost anyone over the age of 7 who has read a Spider-Man comic or seen a movie is familiar with Uncle Ben and Gwen, so we are not expecting Peter to win every battle. It is not a lot to ask to have Peter beat up a human being in Wilson Fisk and not have to be saved by Felicia like a “Damsel In Distress.”

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

He had his own identity away from Peter and Otto as Eliot Tolliver, and a mix of Otto and Peter's DNA. The memory portion of Peter's contribution to Eliot's psyche is debatable as Otto had purged a majority Peter memories early in the first Superior run. I think it was a cop out on Marvel's part to imply that Peter's influence genetic or otherwise was the impetus for Otto's heroic turn.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    He had his own identity away from Peter and Otto as Eliot Tolliver, and a mix of Otto and Peter's DNA. The memory portion of Peter's contribution to Eliot's psyche is debatable as Otto had purged a majority Peter memories early in the first Superior run. I think it was a cop out on Marvel's part to imply that Peter's influence genetic or otherwise was the impetus for Otto's heroic turn.
    Part of what made Otto interesting as a villain is that he has goas. He's fighting Spider-Man not out of malice(usually) but more because he was doing stuff(typically supervillain stuff) and Spider-Man stopped him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Part of what made Otto interesting as a villain is that he has goas. He's fighting Spider-Man not out of malice(usually) but more because he was doing stuff(typically supervillain stuff) and Spider-Man stopped him.
    I think what made Otto a great villain is he is the exact opposite of Peter ( Not having an Aunt May and Uncle Ben). He is an absolute genius and never had happiness ( until Anna-Maria) which helps to explain why he became bad. He is also a lot more sympathetic then say Victor Von Doom ( although he has an ego like him). Why? Otto had the arms attached to him, while Victor wears the armor strictly out of ego ( one tiny flaw is too much for him).

Astonishing Member

Nipped the marriage out, maybe put the marriage back in....but be careful what you wish for..
    Last edited by D.Z; 05-22-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Nipped the marriage out, maybe put the marriage back in....but be careful what you wish for..
    Obviously that is true ( bad things happen to married people perhaps every single second of the day somewhere on Planet Earth), but there are reasons why MJ has lasted in ways the other “Parker Women” ( starting with Betty) have not. My own take is this: It cannot be easy to be with someone who is extremely talented. This can apply to a genius, great actor, athlete, and yes superhero. MJ is tough enough to do just that, when all the others ( for whatever reason) simply cannot or will not. For me there are three gimmick free alternatives that can work without a marriage. 1: Peter simply dating MJ ( as is no superpowers for her). 2: Inventing a new love interest like Zendaya or Anna-Maria and put the effort into developing that character. 3: No love interest and have Peter focus in on crime fighting more then romance ( including no Felicia Cindy and yes MJ in the book and allow Peter to kick ass more often). But no matter what OMD and Peter bashing must go.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-23-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

I always find it funny to see something be "so hated" when it's always the same ten people on the internet talking about it.