Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks great, really excited to see Calvin having such a big role for once and hopefully this will lead to more.
    There’s gotta be a Justice Incarnate book with Calvin and Barry coming out of IF. Guess Thomas Wayne will be on it too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That’s an interesting World’s Finest to say the least. Calvin has a Bruce, I’m curious how he’ll react to Thomas. Kinda shocked they’ve never paired Jor-El and Thomas up when they were both in the DCU.
    World's Finest vs Dickhead Dads?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    World's Finest vs Dickhead Dads?
    I remember King taking on WB about pitching a story where Supes & Bats teamed up to take on their dads, and editorial vetoed it. What a damn waste.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I remember King taking on WB about pitching a story where Supes & Bats teamed up to take on their dads, and editorial vetoed it. What a damn waste.
    You know, King is such a mixed bag I can't help but feel saved and robbed simultaneously and somehow that's worse.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Man, seeing Clark and Bruce whip up on those two d-bags would have been kinda awesome.

You know, King is such a mixed bag I can't help but feel saved and robbed simultaneously and somehow that's worse.
    Yeah, I liked Mister Miracle, did not like his Batman, not reading Strange Adventures. Hadn't read Up in the Sky but just picked up the TP, sounds like it was pretty decent.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Man, seeing Clark and Bruce whip up on those two d-bags would have been kinda awesome.

Yeah, I liked Mister Miracle, did not like his Batman, not reading Strange Adventures. Hadn't read Up in the Sky but just picked up the TP, sounds like it was pretty decent.
    Good: Up in the Sky, Grayson, GL: Darkseid War Special, Mister Miracle (I think this one's overrated personally, but the art is phenomenal)
    Bad: Batman, Heroes in Crisis

Mixed: Strange Adventures. Amazing take on Michael Holt, but this week's issue dropped a pretty awful bomb on Adam Strange. Two more issues to see if there's one last ace up King's sleeve, but if nothing else the book is stunningly beautiful.

Too early to tell on Batcat. Didn't read Omega Men. Don't care about his Watchmen spinoff.

Say what you will about his writing, but the man gets a stunning cadre of artists. Nevertheless, his voice for characters can be very spotty even in the stuff I enjoy from him. I can only hope he brings his A-game to Supergirl.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-26-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Oh man I am looking forward to Calvin and Darkseid fighting. Wonder if the two have fought in Calvin’s reality? I’m sure Darkseid hates all Supermen, whatever form they take.

Williamson is not impressing me so far so I'm kinda doubtful that he'll execute this well.

Mixed: Strange Adventures. Amazing take on Michael Holt, but this week's issue dropped a pretty awful bomb on Adam Strange. Two more issues to see if there's one last ace up King's sleeve, but if nothing else the book is stunningly beautiful.
    I don't even know how you fix it asides of claiming that Holt is lying, which wouldn't really make sense.

I’ve enjoyed pretty much everything I’ve read from Williamson. I thought his Flash run, Metal and Death Metal tie-ins, and Robin (so far) are great, his Batman/Superman was ok but just kinda treaded water after the BWL arc. His FS JL was also great and I’m interested to see what he does with Justice Incarnate.

Good: Up in the Sky, Grayson, GL: Darkseid War Special, Mister Miracle (I think this one's overrated personally, but the art is phenomenal)
    Bad: Batman, Heroes in Crisis

Too early to tell on Batcat. Didn't read Omega Men. Don't care about his Watchmen spinoff.

Say what you will about his writing, but the man gets a stunning cadre of artists. Nevertheless, his voice for characters can be very spotty even in the stuff I enjoy from him. I can only hope he brings his A-game to Supergirl.
    Ugh, forgot about Heroes in Crisis. Probably because I blocked it from memory and didn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole.

I am looking forward to his Supergirl though. If nothing else, you can usually tell the tone of a King book pretty quickly, so if it's going to be bad King, will know it pretty quickly
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/josh...-dc-comics-5g/

Sounds like Williamson was going to leave DC (on his own, not fired) when the original 5G was going to happen.

So DiDio gets fired, 5G gets canceled, Williamson stays on and spearheads the Infinite Frontier, and brings characters like Calvin to the forefront. A decent tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Williamson is not impressing me so far so I'm kinda doubtful that he'll execute this well.

I don't even know how you fix it asides of claiming that Holt is lying, which wouldn't really make sense.
    My bargaining phase before I accept King is assassinating Adam's character is:

spoilers:
    Adam spent the whole book begging the JLA to get involved and nobody would help him. He was in over his head and had to make an awful decision: promise the Pykkts the Earth to spare Rann. He knows something they don't-- Earth has the Justice League. He fully expects that while many will die, the JL will be victorious and save both worlds. It was the only option Adam had to save his adopted planet, but his daughter got taken as collateral which has made him go absolutely mental, thus his deteriorating mental health.

He's still a sonnuvabitch and responsible for a lot of deaths, but he also orchestrates the end of the Pykkts and their conquest while saving Rann. That's the best save I can think of and I'm sure it isn't happening.
    end of spoilers

Calvin showed up in today’s IF: Secret Files issue! Thomas continues to write a great Superman, especially in matters of intelligence:

If they don’t give him a run on Clark or Calvin or any other Superman he wants they’re fools. He also writes a great J’onn, would like to see him do some more stories with J’onn leading the Totality.

Calvin showed up in today’s IF: Secret Files issue! Thomas continues to write a great Superman, especially in matters of intelligence:

If they don’t give him a run on Clark or Calvin or any other Superman he wants they’re fools. He also writes a great J’onn, would like to see him do some more stories with J’onn leading the Totality.
    Love everything about this except Mr. Terrific's costume, the one without the jacket.

Don't show me Michael Holt's best and worst costumes next to one another and then try and tell me the jacket look isn't the dopest thing he's ever worn. I want that jacket.