Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

My friend reviews the latest episode. Unlike me, he's not happy with the pacing nor as he puts it some of the "soap opera elements". This is the first time he's been less than all in for this series -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My friend reviews the latest episode. Unlike me, he's not happy with the pacing nor as he puts it some of the "soap opera elements". This is the first time he's been less than all in for this series -

Generally, I don't much care for soap opera stuff either. But Superman & Lois has been FAR better than most of the CW series in that regard (Stargirl and Legends post Season 1 being the exceptions).

So they actually bit the bullet and made Edge Clark's half-brother. Although I think everyone was assuming he was probably Jor's illegitimate kid, so it was a surprise to learn he was Lara's from a previous, unloving, Kryptonian matching. Was Thal-Rho created from the Birthing Matrix and not a natural birth like I assume Kal-El was?

The Eradicator popping up was pretty cool, but are we going to see the actual physical Eradicator? Maybe Edge transforms himself into the Eradicator for a final boss battle?

It's kind of funny to think that Edge just landed on the UK. Did he have a British accent from Krypton or from more or less being stuck in Britain? Maybe that's why it sounded fake to Lois.

Clark realizing he has to fly out the back because there's too many people was so cute .

Hey, speaking of Reign of the Supermen, here's Dabney Donovan. I wish they had made a joke where he mentions experimenting with cloning Kryptonians :P.

In fairness to Jor-El, not even Lara brings Thal up at all when she and Clark talk, so I feel like that was a part of her life that she really didn't like talking about. Although I guess that would probably give Thal even more to angst about.

You really don't think much of the fact that there's usually only a Jor-El AI, not Lara, but I'm glad they actually explained it here.

Y'know, if this was The Flash, Barry would have totally unmasked himself in front of Lana during that pep talk. But unlike Barry Clark actually knows how to talk to people he knows without being that obvious.

Clark's biological mother possessing his high school girlfriend...a lot to unpack there. But it was nice to see Clark get to finally talk with Lara .

I get why Jon is so keen on telling people the truth and being honest, but anyone with common sense could have probably told him why it was a bad idea to show Sarah the Kryptonian-possessed Kyle. And he didn't seem to really feel bad about it either, but I guess he thought it gave Jordan a chance to comfort her so it ended up okay. But that lack of guilt kind of bothered me.

So if most Kryptonians were peaceful than are the people Edge is grabbing all just xenophobes and Kryptonian nationalists who are all willing to wipe out humanity? They mentioned the Kryptonian Defense Council, so is he grabbing people who think like Zod?

The moment they mentioned they needed the power of the sun to power the machine, I knew we were going to see the Solar Flare. I remember back on the boards how skeptical people were of that power when it was introduced during Johns' short-lived second run (does anyone remember Ulysses?) but now it seems like it's becoming a staple of a Kryptonian's powerset in-so-far as their most dangerous move.

Fighting off an army of Kryptonians...really feels like it would've been the right time to call in Supergirl or at least another hero like The Flash. Where did Green Arrow's Kryptonite go?

I actually kind of feel bad for Thal. He's like Kara where he actually grew up on Krypton and unlike Clark and Kara he has had to deal with not only his planet's destruction but the very worst of what humanity has to offer. Is it any wonder he's trying to revive Krypton the way he is? Although Kara has, like, no relation to this guy right? Since he's only related to the House of El through Lara.

Usually it's the American military that experiments on aliens in a cruel and dehumanizing way, but it was refreshing to see even the UK can be that way too.

Did Lara even get to talk with her grandkids at all? It would be a shame if she didn't since they were literally right there.

I guess Edge made the right call leaving Leslie on reserve, but what's their plan now? And how does it involve canyons?

To answer the question; Thal Rho was birthing matrix, or whatever they called it. Lara actually mentioned Clark being birthed naturally.

I will say; the writers of Supergirl and Superman & Lois really did not collab. At all. Supergirl made it out that Jor-El stole the fame and what not, whereas in Superman & Lois, he's pretty genuine it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To answer the question; Thal Rho was birthing matrix, or whatever they called it. Lara actually mentioned Clark being birthed naturally.

I will say; the writers of Supergirl and Superman & Lois really did not collab. At all. Supergirl made it out that Jor-El stole the fame and what not, whereas in Superman & Lois, he's pretty genuine it seems.
    I don't recall them ever insinuating that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't recall them ever insinuating that...?
    It was shortly after Kara found her father in the phantom zone, and he explained what happened in Krypton's final moments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Well keep in mind that was pre-crisis arrowverse.Superman ans lois is post-crisis.New past events etc...
    They even say superman is the most powerful being on that earth.
    Pre-crisis it was martian manhunter(superman said manhunter was in season 1 of supergirl)and supergirl beat his butt in season 2.
    I guess that did not happen either as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Well keep in mind that was pre-crisis arrowverse.Superman ans lois is post-crisis.New past events etc...
    They even say superman is the most powerful being on that earth.
    Pre-crisis it was martian manhunter(superman said manhunter was in season 1 of supergirl)and supergirl beat his butt in season 2.
    I guess that did not happen either as well.
    Being the most powerful doesn't mean you can't get beat once in awhile - especially when you're mind controlled. And yeah, Clark said what he did, but he's Clark - he's a humble guy who wants to encourage his cousin. They're all really powerful, and the outcome in any fight isn't guaranteed. I think some people get too hung up on there being some official "most powerful" title.

Extraordinary Member

Superman's half brother could be just powerful or more powerful.
    Knowing he had brother is real recent anyway.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-17-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Now that we know Edge is a Kryptonian, it seems odd we haven't seen him use his "omniscient super-hearing" the way Clark can monitor everything on the planet. Edge should know Clark is Superman for one, and not be surprised by anything Lois does.(although perhaps it's how he knows Lana is working with Lois) Maybe we'll get an explanation, but I would appreciate them addressing this explicitly.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Now that we know Edge is a Kryptonian, it seems odd we haven't seen him use his "omniscient super-hearing" the way Clark can monitor everything on the planet. Edge should know Clark is Superman for one, and not be surprised by anything Lois does.(although perhaps it's how he knows Lana is working with Lois) Maybe we'll get an explanation, but I would appreciate them addressing this explicitly.
    I guess it depends on when they actively use their power and what they're listening in to.

We've seen Leslie spy on people but I'm not sure if we've seen them directly spying on Lois or the Kents to where they probably would have overheard that Clark is Superman. That and Edge probably doesn't think his brother is pretending to be a human in his off-hours.

Astonishing Member

I guess it depends on when they actively use their power and what they're listening in to.

We've seen Leslie spy on people but I'm not sure if we've seen them directly spying on Lois or the Kents to where they probably would have overheard that Clark is Superman. That and Edge probably doesn't think his brother is pretending to be a human in his off-hours.
    But he had the advantage of knowing full well he had a brother and planning the army etc. It doesnt make sense for him not to have done recon and know exactly who his brother is by now.

On that same note I would also like to know why he waited so long to make an intro. Why didn't he reach out to Kal years ago? See if he wanted to hang out and be evil together

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Understand how he feels about the pacing. Quite frankly,the show seems rather bland and dry a lot of times. I'm not wanting it to veer too far into comedy like say,Legends of Tomorrow,but a little more humor and action wouldn't hurt.

So that's Edge's backstory, eh? Weird that he's been on Earth for so long and was able to rise to prominence as Morgan Edge, but I do appreciate them bringing this story closer to home. This show is all about family, after all.

Given how often we've seen Jor-El (not just here but other Superman stories), it's good to see Superman interact with Lara. I feel like the only time we really see respect for her in movies/TV were in Superman III and IV and nobody likes those.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed this is the first time Lana has met Superman. I get not letting her know his secret ID, but I would have preferred if they had run into each other a few times before and had some kind of history ... I dunno, maybe it's just me.
    No, I'm with you on that one. Given Lois and Lana's friendship and the relationship among their children, I was expecting Lana to be closer to Superman/Clark than she actually is.

So they actually bit the bullet and made Edge Clark's half-brother. Although I think everyone was assuming he was probably Jor's illegitimate kid, so it was a surprise to learn he was Lara's from a previous, unloving, Kryptonian matching. Was Thal-Rho created from the Birthing Matrix and not a natural birth like I assume Kal-El was?
    Seems so. This kind of reminds me of the Krypton show and what they ended up doing with spoilers:
    Jor-El and Dru-Zod
    end of spoilers

Y'know, if this was The Flash, Barry would have totally unmasked himself in front of Lana during that pep talk. But unlike Barry Clark actually knows how to talk to people he knows without being that obvious.
    That's very true. I much prefer it this way.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Understand how he feels about the pacing. Quite frankly,the show seems rather bland and dry a lot of times. I'm not wanting it to veer too far into comedy like say,Legends of Tomorrow,but a little more humor and action wouldn't hurt.
    Don't give them any ideas! LoT used to be a serious show at one time, too, now look at it!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?