Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So Superman's directly mentioned in the Suicide Squad 3 trailer

Spoilers

Waller: Robert DuBois... he's in prison for putting Superman in the ICU with a Kryptonite bullet.

Guess Superman is still a usable prop for WB.

BANNED

ww 100 years as a heroine = simple scratches.
    Batman 30 years as a hero = simple scratches.
    superman 2 or 3 years as a hero = die, half dead 2 times.

the superman of the cinema is useless ****, he is the most pathetic thing that has walked the earth.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That just raises even more questions. Does this take place in the DCEU or it's own universe? Because that never happened in the all of three movies he was in.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm willing to bet it really doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things. They're just using his name as a plug to push something else. Not exactly uncommon. The possible ramifications of what it might mean in regards to their world I would imagine won't come into play at all. At least not via anything Superman related.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Imagine being resurrected from the dead and saving the world from a massive alien invasion, only to be shot by some chump on your flight home and wind up in the hospital for a month. It’s the hard knock life for Supes.
    Last edited by Dipter; 06-22-2021 at 04:48 PM.

BANNED

I died laughing for some reason

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Superman being hurt by one of his own villains isn't that big of a deal. Don't we want them to be threats?

Besides, it's DCEU Superman. Whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Superman being hurt by one of his own villains isn't that big of a deal. Don't we want them to be threats?

Besides, it's DCEU Superman. Whatever.
    Superman being injured by one of his great villains, not by a villain they do not know even at home, without forgetting that this superman spends half his life as a half-dead hero, it is impossible to take this superman seriously, he is completely useless. I hope it is said once and for all that they have fired cavill, because he does not deserve to make a character like this.

I don’t really think it’s a big deal, it’s just funny if you consider it happening sometime after Justice League

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Obviously a reference to Bloodsport's debut issue in Superman #4 vol 2. During John Byrne's run. Bloodsport shot Supes with a kryptonite blood shard provided by Lex Luthor.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...495717892?s=21

It's nice that James Gunn is referencing the character history of the comics. However, like BOP referencing Batman and the Joker, Shazam having an awful cameo for Superman but never showing them. Referencing Superman for Suicide Squad 2, seems like a clout chase. Make a reference to a popular character people want to see, but never put them on screen.

You know what you have to do WB. But kicking and screaming, they refuse to do it.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-23-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Superman being injured by one of his great villains, not by a villain they do not know even at home, without forgetting that this superman spends half his life as a half-dead hero, it is impossible to take this superman seriously, he is completely useless. I hope it is said once and for all that they have fired cavill, because he does not deserve to make a character like this.
    The entire Justice League (5 people) tries to fight Steppenwolf and loses. Steppenwolf headbutts Superman and he doesn't even feel a thing and wipes his ass with Stepoenwolf easily. You really have a crappy take bro.

You do know that this isn't Cavill's fault right? That he's an actor who performs the scripts he's given, and afaik Cavill doesn't even appear in the Suicide Squad movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Obviously a reference to Bloodsport's debut issue in Superman #4 vol 2. During John Byrne's run. Bloodsport shot Supes with a kryptonite blood shard provided by Lex Luthor.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...495717892?s=21

It's nice that James Gunn is referencing the character history of the comics. However, like BOP referencing Batman and the Joker, Shazam having an awful cameo for Superman but never showing them. Referencing Superman for Suicide Squad 2, seems like a clout chase. Make a reference to a popular character people want to see, but never put them on screen.

You know what you have to do WB. But kicking and screaming, they refuse to do it.
    Lol, Byrne of course.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    You do know that this isn't Cavill's fault right? That he's an actor who performs the scripts he's given, and afaik Cavill doesn't even appear in the Suicide Squad movie?
    That's why I say they fire cavill, he deserves better, hopefully he signs for marvel.

IF WB and DC gets rid Cavil and Synder for good then I might inclined to watch more of their movies.

That's why I say they fire cavill, he deserves better, hopefully he signs for marvel.
    Unless he's playing a villain that gets killed then NO. I can't stand Henry Cavil unless he's playing a villain who gets killed then I won't watch anything he's in.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 06-23-2021 at 07:30 AM.