Page 202 of 303 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4544

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post

It looks like Loki got this election in the bag but I suspect that the birth records are what is going to catch him up. Still nice to see Loki using his skills in a not evil way .

Just were is Doom anyway? I can't see him letting lavteria go down the tubes like this . Still looking forward to the grand finale .
    I dunno, getting a bunch of people to pose as Hydra agents and then killing them so they couldn't reveal that, and then what went down in Latveria, orchestrating a confrontation between 2 rival factions which resulted in many dead is not exactly 'good'. It may be that all is not as it seems, but right now it's very, VERY shady. How he manipulated things is something i would have expected from the old Loki a bit more than the new one.

And Doom is in Iron Man, 'helping' Tony...

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    Definitely looks likely that he setup the "Hydra" agents and killed them to cover his tracks. I can't really analyze it that well because I'm far too biased in hoping he didn't do it, despite evidence to the contrary. I assume it will be addressed next issue at least, though.

Not sure about his actions in Latveria. Totally fine with him killing the leader of the fascist pro-Doom group, but it seemed like he might have killed their opposition, too? Who ended up in charge of the country, then? Also, I was like wow, Doom, get your **** together before you go off playing Iron Man.
    Yeah, i know I and probably everyone in this thread is biased, we want him to be a good boy and not fall back into his old ways. So I too am hoping something is revealed next issue to make this all better some how, because right now... it's not looking so good.

I just don't get it, are we supposed to be rooting for Nisa, or against her? As a fan of Loki, my natural inclination is to root against her, and right now i don't like her very much at all. But I am getting the feeling we are supposed to be rooting for her? That we are supposed to feel bad for her at the end? But just... I mean, frankly I just don't give a single solitary **** about her. All we know about her is that she's got a grudge against super-types due to collateral damage destroying her home when she was a kid. Meanwhile, Loki's got this whole thing going on with Malekith and trying to play sides against each other, and he's running for president and we don't even know why, though that will presumably all be revealed next issue. This is more interesting, especially given that he's got a much longer history leading into this.... but he's doing things that are not really something you want to root for. I mean, don't get me wrong, Loki as a villain was interesting in his own way and could be fun when handled right. but... I wasn't exactly rooting for him to win, either.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-03-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I dunno, getting a bunch of people to pose as Hydra agents and then killing them so they couldn't reveal that, and then what went down in Latveria, orchestrating a confrontation between 2 rival factions which resulted in many dead is not exactly 'good'. It may be that all is not as it seems, but right now it's very, VERY shady. How he manipulated things is something i would have expected from the old Loki a bit more than the new one.

And Doom is in Iron Man, 'helping' Tony...

Yeah, i know I and probably everyone in this thread is biased, we want him to be a good boy and not fall back into his old ways. So I too am hoping something is revealed next issue to make this all better some how, because right now... it's not looking so good.

I just don't get it, are we supposed to be rooting for Nisa, or against her? As a fan of Loki, my natural inclination is to root against her, and right now i don't like her very much at all. But I am getting the feeling we are supposed to be rooting for her? That we are supposed to feel bad for her at the end? But just... I mean, frankly I just don't give a single solitary **** about her. All we know about her is that she's got a grudge against super-types due to collateral damage destroying her home when she was a kid. Meanwhile, Loki's got this whole thing going on with Malekith and trying to play sides against each other, and he's running for president and we don't even know why, though that will presumably all be revealed next issue. This is more interesting, especially given that he's got a much longer history leading into this.... but he's doing things that are not really something you want to root for. I mean, don't get me wrong, Loki as a villain was interesting in his own way and could be fun when handled right. but... I wasn't exactly rooting for him to win, either.
    Yup, I read the issue, was taken aback and then almost immediately started making excuses. Like I said, killing the one terrorist group is pretty much fine by me, but we didn't know enough about their opposition to believe that they weren't generally good rebels. Yeah, someone made a comment about using those weapons to take over another country, but that was one guy and he was obviously joking. Like, in tenth realm, when Loki killed all those Angels, he gave that hilarious speech first and gave them the chance to turn back. And that was AoA Loki! Also, you do not really want a president connected to present day vigilante acts (especially not ones in other countries). That sort of thing tends to make the rulers and citizens of those other countries kind of nervous.

Right now, I would honestly characterize his portrayal in Vote Loki and TMT as at least leaning towards different ends of the chaotic neutral alignment (evil and good, respectively). Honestly, I'd go further and peg him as CG in TMT and CE here, but issues of alignment tend to be contentious at best so YMMV.

Yeah, idk about Nissa. Maybe she was meant to be a reader insert. I honestly kind of feel bad for her because Loki's being a bit of a jerk and I can imagine it must feel like seeing all these people supporting Trump and wondering what in the world they're thinking.

Yeah, in Mighty Thor, I know he's also done some bad things, or at least what appeared bad at the time. But, I dunno, enough hints were given that he wasn't actually being evil and that it was more of an act, and was in pursuit of some greater good that it was easy for me to get on board with it. Part of that was also that Dauterman did a great job of portraying his sadness with what he felt forced to do, and the art here is... not good at that. I get that there is supposed to be some mystery to why he's doing this and all, I just hoped that the ride to the big reveal would be more enjoyable and have more to do with LOKI is all. I get that this issue (and the last, and i guess the whole series) was meant to illustrate that any event can be given a positive spin with the proper narrative. But... I mean... we never saw that spin aside from a couple panels of some tweets. We just saw the actual events.

And yeah i can see where Nisa is coming from to an extent, but still there's next to nothing to her, so it's really hard to truly care about her.

ps. Loki has been added to Contest of Champions as part of a 2 week long event quest, where he is the bad guy. presumably he will be available to recruit from a crystal in very short order as well. But, I started playing in anticipation of this like a month ago, and tried to get Nightcrawler who was available then and... yeah, that didn't work out. Recruitment is luck based, you have to buy special crystals with game currency, which you can get through regular play, but unless you are insanely lucky, in order to get enough crystals to actually get the character you want, let alone a 4 star version, you're going to have to fork out a ton of money. so, well, good luck with that.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-03-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Speaking of games, has anyone been playing Avengers Academy?

Loki had a pretty neat scene where we find out he wrote heart felt letters to Natasha, Union Jack and Thor. On the down size, they used him yet again to make another character look good by humiliating him. They made him lose against Mysterio and be tricked by him. Mysterio, really? I get it's supposed to be funny, but it's getting really repetitive. No way in hell Loki would lose against Mysterio.

the Loki crystal hit... I got Colossus. oh well. At least he was 3 stars, not another worthless 2 star character. but i already have a ton of mutants, and I've already put a lot into Wolverine and Magneto. I i'll most likely be able to save up for another crystal within a day, but i may have to just try my luck in the PvP arena (and i HATE PvP.... but at least this isn't REAL PvP, it's still against the AI) *edit - oh. pvp isn't so bad in this game... and it's a good thing i started when i did. it gave me time to rank up some heroes but i started just late enough that i squeaked into the 'easy' bracket so i am CRUSHING. i may actually get him! yay!

as for Avengers Academy, i just saw that this morning! I was kinda behind on the quests because i was busy training, so... And to be fair, ALL the characters are the butt of a joke to an extent. Loki's had some wins, too, and i think they are building to something big in the next story chapter with him where he will get to be awesome. Near as i can figure, Enchantress along with some others are going to free the Hulk and then control his mind to attack the school. (so, stealing Loki's tricks from the comics, basically) there's been a couple hints that any caged villains you have on your campus may escape at some point, so they may join her. So i think that will be the story of the next chapter, which they SAY will be hitting as soon as the Spider-Man event ends. And i suspect it will lead to the Raft opening, and Enchantress and anyone who is on her side will get tossed in there, and it will start a second campus for just villains. Likely why they've been throwing villains at us left and right for the past couple events, so the raft will have more than like, 3 people. But Loki won't be with her, we know that already because first of all he's the third character you unlock, and he needs to remain on the main campus for future events, but also, Enchantress has singled him out as one of her TARGETS. They've also had Odin make references to a coming war and to hope you're on the right side etc. and he's said that he believes Loki will prove his worth soon. So I think Loki will side with the Avengers, and help beat Enchantress, and in the process he may drop some of his arrogant ******* act and actually begin to make some friends and be more accepted.

also, Loki didn't lose, technically. he won the duel, it's just that Mysterio picked his pocket and blackmailed him with the letters he found.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-04-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Sadly Contest of Champions doesnīt work very well in my phone, so Iīm not going to try.
    About Avengers Academy, yeah they kind of mock him a lot, specially when a new character arrives , but I donīt remember that there were a lot of this kind of jokes in the story missions (ages ago....) or in the British Invasion event, I hope there will be some asgardian event soon, but I doubt it, probably the Daredevil event will come first (please, donīt be as awful as the Spiderman one).

Regards the issue, itīs kind of difficult to predicti excatly how things will go or how to justify some questionable things, probalby the last issue will explain most of the missing points, because given than is not from Lokiīs PoV and that unlike TMT , this time we donīt have enough moments where heīs acting more like himself (we get something of this in the first issue when he was in Nisaīs apartment) instead heīs playing full politician role, which is understandable but not as enjoyable, even he still talks and acts like Loki and I donīt have problems with his voice but I feel that thereīs something missing, with Dauterman even if he was acting his face was more expressive and there were moments, not only in the dialogues where you could see how he FEELS.

Well, I was able to scrounge together enough to get three of those crystals, got 3 star Colossus and 2 star Black Panther and Star Lord. :-/ RNG hates me. But there ought to be another crystal next week. And been looking into what it takes to get the various rewards in the arenas and turns out some people are SUPER ULTRA OBSESSIVE about the arenas an they make it next to impossible for anyone who doesn't play 24/7 to get the higher ranked rewards. i MAY be able to get a 3 star Loki, if i keep plugging away until it ends tomorrow morning, but 4 star is likely totally out of the question. But 3 star is better than nothing. He will be available in the regular crystals in a few months, too... but i kinda want him now. at least the arena has been a good source of gold... if i don't get him though I will put the game aside for a bit until he's in regular crystals.

And yeah, the Spider-Man event has been a slog, and I won't be able to get a lot of the stuff. I hope it's just story after this before a new update. We need the space, after all these buildings and decorations they threw at us, for a start. and a break would just be nice. One interesting thing in the event though if you get Miles Morales. He is specifically mentioned to come from 1610, the Ultimate universe. which is no more. I mean, it could be just that they are not paying too much attention to the continuity, not the first game to do that. But then, Loki reveals that 1610 will be destroyed, and the only way to stop it is to destroy the Avengers Academy world. so... it does actually fit in continuity, it's just taking place in the past, before the Incursions. and since the 1610 is one of the last 2 earths to survive, that means.... at some point Avengers Academy will be blown up. so yeah, it got kinda heavy all of a sudden.

Hey guys, there's a certain scene between Hawkeye and Bruce in Agent of Asgard #1 that I find hilarious in hindsight.

Loki's truly the God of Stories.

Amazing Member

Ah yes were he hits Bruce in the shoulder with an arrow. I Would say foreshadowing but I don't think they had plotted this far ahead. Still nice to go back and see a good drawen Loki . I hope we get another Loki book with a better artist . Or more guest appearances at least.9
    Last edited by Rc1ca; 08-07-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    Ah yes were he hits Bruce in the shoulder with an arrow. I Would say foreshadowing but I don't think they had plotted this far ahead. Still nice to go back and see a good drawen Loki . I hope we get another Loki book with a better artist . Or more guest appearances at least.9
    Yeah, I doubt it was intentional. I haven't read the new Mighty Thor issue but I really wish Russell Dauterman would draw Loki interchanging genders more often. And lose the scruff cause it's kinda eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĨ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, I doubt it was intentional. I haven't read the new Mighty Thor issue but I really wish Russell Dauterman would draw Loki interchanging genders more often. And lose the scruff cause it's kinda eh.
    I donīt think there were a lot of chances of showing him interchanging genders, but thereīs still time, I really want to see a female Loki (not the JMS version) drawn by Dauterman.
    About the scruff, well he was actually shaved in the last issue but I hope they donīt change the coat.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĨ Tycon View Post
    Nah, not intentional, but is still kinda funny in hindsight, I had almost forgotten about that!

He did lose the scruff. And I don't think the gender switching is up to Dauterman at all, like, that's not something an artist can just do without it being in the script. I prefer has male form, personally, anyway...

I did not get Loki in the arenas. I don't think it's really possible unless you're been playing forever and play nearly constantly. That was a lot if effort for very little reward but at least I tried. Now I think I will put the game aside for a few months while I wait for him to be added to the main crystals. But it's going to be tough to get him, I mean, I still haven't even found either one of the Thors to go with him
    Last edited by Raye; 08-07-2016 at 01:37 PM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI464OMhT3E/ from the set of Thor: Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I donīt think there were a lot of chances of showing him interchanging genders, but thereīs still time, I really want to see a female Loki (not the JMS version) drawn by Dauterman.
    About the scruff, well he was actually shaved in the last issue but I hope they donīt change the coat.
    There doesn't have to be a chance. Loki should just do it casually do it whenever they want to. Loki isssss genderfluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Nah, not intentional, but is still kinda funny in hindsight, I had almost forgotten about that!

He did lose the scruff. And I don't think the gender switching is up to Dauterman at all, like, that's not something an artist can just do without it being in the script. I prefer has male form, personally, anyway...

I did not get Loki in the arenas. I don't think it's really possible unless you're been playing forever and play nearly constantly. That was a lot if effort for very little reward but at least I tried. Now I think I will put the game aside for a few months while I wait for him to be added to the main crystals. But it's going to be tough to get him, I mean, I still haven't even found either one of the Thors to go with him
    I'm telling you guys, Al Ewing is from the future and is planting the seeds of Marvel's future in all his current stories.