Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Its going to be boring without our weekly comics intake

With diamond press not distributing our fabulous reading material, it looks like I will have to bunker down with my Nintendo Marvel Ultimate Alliance# 3: the Black Order new dlc the Fantastic Four Rise of Doom game.
    I was really looking forward to Empyre and am really enjoying the various X-titles and their current direction.
    Stay safe everybody ❤
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No it won't. At least not for me. Comics-wise, I've got so many back issues to read and enjoy.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

I've got quite a backlog myself. Most notably I bought those Humble Bundle Spawn collections and filled out the rest with ComiXology PDF back-ups. So, that's 306+ issues of Spawn sitting on my hard drive I've been meaning to start at some point. Now would be a good time I suppose, Spawn seems a good fit for the pre-apocalyptic atmosphere 2020 has going for it.

Even so, I can't deny that the level of conversation here at CBR is going to suffer. This sub-forum was created specifically to talk about Marvel comics. If there aren't going to be any more Marvel ongoings then the forum loses its main reason to exist. Talking about back issues will only get us so far.
    Last edited by Kintor; 03-28-2020 at 09:33 PM.

It already is suffering. Ordinarily, the previews would be getting discussed. No previews. It'll be the same on Wednesday when the comics don't show up - assuming they don't just release them digitally, like DC are apparently doing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No it won't. At least not for me. Comics-wise, I've got so many back issues to read and enjoy.
    THIS!

Plus lots of books / series I haven't read that I can try now. Don't tell anyone, but I might even branch out and read ... a few DC books! ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It already is suffering. Ordinarily, the previews would be getting discussed. No previews. It'll be the same on Wednesday when the comics don't show up - assuming they don't just release them digitally, like DC are apparently doing.

The most active threads in this forum are the appreciation threads. I don't see the discussion in them suffering that much. Granted, there are people that don't like the appreciation threads, so they'll be out of luck.

The second most active threads here are the bitching threads. I predict those will be even more active now, even if the subject of complaints will be different.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The most active threads in this forum are the appreciation threads
    Sadly true. Marvel forum has become pretty empty of any discussions worth reading really.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Sadly true. Marvel forum has become pretty empty of any discussions worth reading really.
    Well, you could always start one. I'd be curious to see what you found worthy.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Not for me.
    I only read pre-2000 back issues.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Only been reading comics for 2 years and now the whole industry is going to die.

I loved my comic shop and the employees. I loved the series I had on my pull list.

I guess I shouldn't complain, my life could be much worse right now, but this is so depressing.
    Baby Thanos

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Comixology is still marketting comics as still coming out this week, so I'm still set to go for this week at least lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Only been reading comics for 2 years and now the whole industry is going to die.

I loved my comic shop and the employees. I loved the series I had on my pull list.

I guess I shouldn't complain, my life could be much worse right now, but this is so depressing.
    Stay positive. The industry is not going to die. This is a difficult time but things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Comixology is still marketting comics as still coming out this week, so I'm still set to go for this week at least lol
    Archie is this week then stopping, DC will be continuing with digital and using a new print distributor (Penguin Random House, says Bleeding Cool), and we're waiting on news from Marvel. Most smaller publishers have suspended releases.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

So what does that mean about comixology getting comic book? can someone explain this to me

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

i should probably read some of the floppies I bought a while ago and have been too lazy to read

No news from Marvel is good news! Hope shall not die! I'm still looking forward to Empyre!

Everyone stuck at home makes them more likely to buy some digital book. People will pay a lot to save themselves from boredom. I think (and hope) Marvel just goes digital for the next month. The closing on non-essential businesses can't go on for more than a month. It would ultimately destroy the world economy, which is not an option. Current unemployment in the US is up by 3 million in one week and growing. The shutdown of our economy is not going to last for long.
    Last edited by Storm17; 03-29-2020 at 11:33 AM.