Astonishing Member

Default Sinestro Corps. (Green Lantern) vs Marvel Earth

This is the Sinestro Corps. with all their members.

Leadership:
    Sinestro, Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman and Mongul.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 04-04-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is the Sinestro Corps. with all their members.

Leadership:
    Sinestro, Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman and Mongul.
    If this is COIE Anti-Monitor, isn't he supposed to be like multi-universe busting or something? The rest of these guys wonder why they were even invited.

I guess it depends on who is on Marvel Earth that day. Franklin Richards would be enough. Jim Jaspers. HoM Scarlet Witch. David Haller maybe?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

This makes me think, not that I'm saying DC Earth is weak by any means (certainly not) but the final battle of the Sinestro Corps War had several beautiful panels of all heroes -- Green Lanterns and non-Lanterns alike, in battle against an endless sea of Yellow Lanterns. That's cool and all but like 95% of the heroes there would've been massacred. Like, what the hell is Creeper gonna do to a Yellow Lantern?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If this is COIE Anti-Monitor, isn't he supposed to be like multi-universe busting or something? The rest of these guys wonder why they were even invited.
    Anti-Monitor is considerably weaker than from Crisis but he's their biggest hitter by a wide margin. The Sinestro Corp. has a large variety of fighters, one is a sentient disease (who gave Kyle Rayner's mother cancer) and another is a sniper who can sharp shoot a target from across the galaxy with pin point accuracy. John Stewart had to the same to neutralise them.

I guess it depends on who is on Marvel Earth that day. Franklin Richards would be enough. Jim Jaspers. HoM Scarlet Witch. David Haller maybe?
    None of them are operating at that level at the moment. I don't know Haller's current state.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

....he’s not on that level in this series

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Anti-Monitor's power was pegged at "a galaxy busting explosion contained to a radius of a city block mortally wounded but did not kill him."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Anti-Monitor's power was pegged at "a galaxy busting explosion contained to a radius of a city block mortally wounded but did not kill him."
    Technically, mortally wounded means an injury that causes death.

Astonishing Member

Is this in the Arena? What is the goal of the attack?

Is it an attack on the planet and with what warning?

These all determine strategy and tactics.

With no warning and a goal to destroy Earth, the yellow lanterns could smash the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Technically, mortally wounded means an injury that causes death.
    Well he was literally taken by death, so. In fact I think he was confirmed killed because I think he got resurrected by the White Lantern.

I dunno, it was weird. He wasn't dead or even unconscious while he was hurtling across the universe, but he was helpless against Nekron turning his dead body into a battery, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well he was literally taken by death, so. In fact I think he was confirmed killed because I think he got resurrected by the White Lantern.

I dunno, it was weird. He wasn't dead or even unconscious while he was hurtling across the universe, but he was helpless against Nekron turning his dead body into a battery, so.
    It sounds like Anti-Monitor is becoming DC’s version of Galactus, Big Show and TNG Worf. Just used to show how badass someone else is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It sounds like Anti-Monitor is becoming DC’s version of Galactus, Big Show and TNG Worf. Just used to show how badass someone else is.
    To be fair, this was like... the better part of a decade ago.

Perhaps, "has become," is more accurate.

I don't know if that's accurate. Dude was a power house when he showed up, he just got laid low by a galaxy busting blast. At that point he was relatively defenseless (but not dead) and he was overwhelmed by the cosmic personification of death.

Subsequently he didn't really show up much before Flash Point, and I haven't been reading as much DC since but he seems to just be popping up occasionally as an a top tier foe.

Galactus's issue is he is the most "active" Marvel cosmic so he shows up a lot more often. This inevitably leads to conflict with other threats, which he then can get Worfed by. The Anti-Monitor usually seems to be off scheming somewhere and doesn't get challenged very much.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-06-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To be fair, this was like... the better part of a decade ago.

Perhaps, "has become," is more accurate.
    Yeah, I thought that as soon as I pressed ‘post’, but couldn’t be bothered to correct it.