Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    With just as many Hal fans be hostile and belittling to John Stewart including his former artist and even Kyle and Superman fans join in.

Majority of John fans have asked why can't it be everybody versus just one. Why is it John in Justice League an issue when Hal has a mini series going on?
    There have been some hostile Hal site that go after John way more than the rest.

Because they are viewed as THREATS to Hal.

Now in reality-they do fill out the ranks.

Example I know kids who had ZERO interest in reading about Peter Parker. Miles Morales shows up and kids like him. Now some of those same kids are now looking into not jus Peter Parker but Gwen, Spider-Ham and even Venom. Because eventually all these guys interact.

How many books have starred Peter??? Miles and Venom have their books. None at the expense of Peter.

Green Lantern's issue is Hal is the only one that matters. SCREW everybody else. Green Lantern is about a police force not Hal Jordan worship. What was the point of Jessica/Simon's 4 year run and Jo's book if they just get buried later on for Hal?

It's bad optics to see POC (yes even Kyle) pushed aside for a certain person. When you don't need to do that. You would think 2 (soon to be 3) GOTG movies would be a HINT.

And no this is not Hal bashing-this is a folks in charge of DC issue that they started. This is what happens when you hire fanboys.
    Yeah I’m calling nonsense on this. When the show and series were first announced pretty much all the GL fans whether or Kyle were all completely okay and some calling for an ensemble cast. All of them except predominantly John Stewart fans who have a chip on their shoulder like John was somehow screwed for years and was entitled to be a lead and made crazy arguments like the 2011 movie disqualified Hal from use and such silliness.

They are easily the most rigid of the GL fandom and just want some series where it’s all John

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Putting my dislike for Hal aside I'm mixed on the GL animated show. I liked the supporting cast, Razer was great and Bruce Timm style translated to CG well. I didn't like how the Red Lanterns became generic villains, Sinistero was in just one episode and the use of the anti-monitor wasn't to my liking.
    I think they did the Red Lanterns about as well as could be expected in a cartoon. They had their sympathetic backstory but they were still rage-fueled villains at the end of the day, and Hal's final fight with Atrocitus was pretty epic.

Only in hindsight does using Sinestro for one episode seem weird, even though Ron Perlman was perfect. They were going to do the Sinestro Corps. in season 3 but the best laid plans...

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Hal Jordan/HJ and John Stewart/JS should be the leading duo in live action and animation....the others should be support characters until it's warranted or earned a spin off show.

Wtf what the epic *#$@?
    Why is DC and WB going overboard above and beyond to get rid of John Stewart/JS?

First they tried to kill off JS in new52?....fans rebelled.

And Geoff John's himself completely ridiculed JS when he was writing the Green lantern comics.

Rumor has it that it was his idea and push to get rid of JS so that he can replace him with his creations Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz (Teeeerrible and culturally insensitive name for an Arab character).

Then DC refused and blocked the writer of GL: Lost Army to complete the limited series because it primarily focused on JS.

DC did this earlier in the 90s with GL:Mosaic.....also blocked and refused the writer to complete that story.

Thank goodness late Dwayne McDuffie was involved in the legendary JL toons of 2,000's otherwise we would have never gotten JS in animation and written so brilliantly.

However since then DC and WB have refused to let this character grow beyond comics.

Cruz and Baz had no biz being GLs....they should have been members of any of the other corps.

Guy fits perfectly as a RL...IMO. He worked and looked superb in the new 52 RL comics and should have stayed there. Guy's perpetually angered characteristic makes being an RL a perfect match for him.

Kyle should remain a WL if not then let it be Hal

Which leaves John and either Hal or Kyle as GLs...add Jade, Karma Tui, kilowogg and Alan Scott as the lead support cast for the GLs.

But instead...look at this nonsense HBOmax has approved.
    Oh be quiet!

We’re getting Jessica Cruz, the true female lead of the GL franchise (sorry Jade, Carol, Katma, Sora, Arisia) and that makes this new all the more exciting! Let’s go Jess!!

So much fan theory out there stated as fact. Any information on the CW GL with John Diggle/ Stewart and if this HBO thing is going to cause the CW show to not come about?
    Power with Girl is better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    So much fan theory out there stated as fact. Any information on the CW GL with John Diggle/ Stewart and if this HBO thing is going to cause the CW show to not come about?
    When did Diggle as GL ever going to become a show?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    So no Hal Jordan, no John Stewart, and the gay version of Alan Scott. They use all the GLs I don't care about and none of the ones that I do. Pass.
    Seems like Hal, John and Kyle are being saved for Johns long gestated movie. Everyone else appears in the GL show. Hal and John have long been rumored as the leads in a Green Lantern movie reboot.

When did Diggle as GL ever going to become a show?
    The last season of Arrow went out of it's way to establish that Diggle's real father is named Stewart hence John Diggle is John Stewart.

The literal last scene is a box crashing to Earth right in front of him, him opening it and being bathed in a green glow.

That may not equal his own show but it sure as hell implies that he will be a Green Lantern and at least appear in upcoming CW shows.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The last season of Arrow went out of it's way to establish that Diggle's real father is named Stewart hence John Diggle is John Stewart.

The literal last scene is a box crashing to Earth right in front of him, him opening it and being bathed in a green glow.

That may not equal his own show but it sure as hell implies that he will be a Green Lantern and at least appear in upcoming CW shows.
    That's a lot of speculation. If he were to show up elsewhere it will probably be Superman since his family moved to Metropolis.

Also, that was Diggle's stepdad.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Oh be quiet!

We’re getting Jessica Cruz, the true female lead of the GL franchise (sorry Jade, Carol, Katma, Sora, Arisia) and that makes this new all the more exciting! Let’s go Jess!!
    Those other ladies are the female leads insofar as they're the love interest of whoever the leading Lantern of the story is.

Astonishing Member

How DC can make an HBO live action show that I have no real interest in is seemingly impossible, yet it appears that they have. They will have to go through some real non continuity hoops to have a tv show with Alan Sinestro and Guy and Jessica and no Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    How DC can make an HBO live action show that I have no real interest in is seemingly impossible, yet it appears that they have. They will have to go through some real non continuity hoops to have a tv show with Alan Sinestro and Guy and Jessica and no Hal.
    Why? Hal could just be elsewhere, or maybe someone else was the first Earth Lantern. Given that it's about space cops and the rings pick their bearers, Hal is hardly essential to the mythos as far as setting up other characters go. (It has been done before, too, e.g. the the '90s DC cartoons where Hal never appeared beyond a parallel universe cameo and a museum display.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why? Hal could just be elsewhere, or maybe someone else was the first Earth Lantern. Given that it's about space cops and the rings pick their bearers, Hal is hardly essential to the mythos as far as setting up other characters go. (It has been done before, too, e.g. the the '90s DC cartoons where Hal never appeared beyond a parallel universe cameo and a museum display.)
    The 90s cartoons aren't the best example since they gave Kyle brown hair and Hal's origin because he has the stronger origin to use, and WB/DC made them stay current (see also having to call Jason Todd "Tim Drake."). John was able to stand on his own more, though it's telling that some of the familiar GL elements like Sinestro and Star Sapphire didn't play off of him as well since there isn't much of a connection there to adapt.

I think they could easily do this show without referencing Hal, but it would be nice if they put their money where their mouth is and leave out elements tied to him (so no Abin-Sur, no Sinestro, no Star Sapphire, etc) and not poach his stuff. Or worse, bring him in just to do the Parallax crap.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The 90s cartoons aren't the best example since they gave Kyle brown hair and Hal's origin because he has the stronger origin to use, and WB/DC made them stay current (see also having to call Jason Todd "Tim Drake."). John was able to stand on his own more, though it's telling that some of the familiar GL elements like Sinestro and Star Sapphire didn't play off of him as well since there isn't much of a connection there to adapt.

I think they could easily do this show without referencing Hal, but it would be nice if they put their money where their mouth is and leave out elements tied to him (so no Abin-Sur, no Sinestro, no Star Sapphire, etc) and not poach his stuff. Or worse, bring him in just to do the Parallax crap.
    Star Sapphire doesn't belong to Hal. Especially now that it has it's own corp. IIRC, John Stewart got a Star Sapphire of his own. I believe Guy was briefly one as well. They definitely should be used.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Star Sapphire doesn't belong to Hal. Especially now that it has it's own corp. IIRC, John Stewart got a Star Sapphire of his own. I believe Guy was briefly one as well. They definitely should be used.
    The most high profile one has always been Carol, with the most high profile one after her being Wonder Woman of all people. And she shouldn't be used like she was in JL/U if we aren't having Hal (or at least referencing him) because it's pointless.

John is moot since he isn't in this anyway, but his is Fatality who can exist fine without being a Star Sapphire. But I think it would be in John's best interest to stop referencing the overplayed Xanshi stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

And they did eventually give Sinestro and John a similar dynamic Sinestro had with Hal in that episode of Static where Sinestro impersonates John.