“Immortal Wonder Woman” art by JEN BARTEL
    “Nubia” written by L.L. McKINNEY
    “Nubia” art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    cover by JEN BARTEL
    card stock variant cover by BECKY CLOONAN
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

The Undoing is here. Superman couldn’t stop it. Darkseid couldn’t stop it. Only Diana Prince is left to hold back the being that could spell the complete disintegration of the cosmos. But will even she be powerful enough for the task?

Meanwhile, in another future, Nubia’s attempts to stop the theft of ancient artifacts have led her to an even bigger conspiracy, and an even bigger foe. Circe is up to her old tricks, even after all these years—and she has an offer that Nubia will find hard to refuse.

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by DAN WATTERS
    art by LEILA DEL DUCA
    cover by LEE WEEKS
    card stock variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

Our heroes have challenged the gods themselves to a test of bravery for the fate of the Earth. But gods are notorious cheaters, and with Superman’s powers in flux, it falls to Wonder Woman to face down the sun itself! A utopian future awaits—but only if a Kryptonian peacemaker and an Amazon warrior can put aside their differences to become the World’s Finest Heroes!

FUTURE STATE: WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by JOËLLE JONES
    art and cover by JOËLLE JONES
    card stock variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    ON SALE 2/2/21
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US

Emerging from the Amazon rain forest, the new Wonder Woman must battle her way through hell! Witness Yara Flor at the height of her power as she takes on the king of the underworld, Hades himself! Betrayed by a close ally, Yara’s back is against the wall as she is forced to battle legions of demons for survival and to liberate her Themysciran sister. You won’t want to miss the exciting conclusion of this of rising superstar hero’s first adventure!

Covers and variants can be seen here: https://www.ign.com/articles/future-...-february-2021

Hmm, kind of digging the premise of Immortal Wonder Woman. Seems like it's set way beyond DC's usual future stuff (Legion, DC One Million).

Nice to Circe will pop up in the Nubia story.

Incredible Member

Immortal Wonder Woman sounds amazing. I'm actually quite intrigued as to what The Undoing is. I hope it's a thrilling foe withs staying power because the solicits alone are appetizing.

I'm pleasantly shocked to see Circe pop up in Nubia. I kinda assumed no Wondy villains would show up, and I'm even more thrilled about ancient artifacts being incorporated in the story.

I hope we can keep these two books in some fashion; they sound like wonderful additions to the Wondhy mythos.

Superman/Wonder Woman also sounds intriguing. I gotta admit; I can see myself becoming a fan of these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    February's Future State Wonder Woman related solicits:

FUTURE STATE: IMMORTAL WONDER WOMAN #2
    “Immortal Wonder Woman” written by MICHAEL W. CONRAD and BECKY CLOONAN
    “Immortal Wonder Woman” art by JEN BARTEL
    “Nubia” written by L.L. McKINNEY
    “Nubia” art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    cover by JEN BARTEL
    card stock variant cover by BECKY CLOONAN
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

The Undoing is here. Superman couldn’t stop it. Darkseid couldn’t stop it. Only Diana Prince is left to hold back the being that could spell the complete disintegration of the cosmos. But will even she be powerful enough for the task?

Meanwhile, in another future, Nubia’s attempts to stop the theft of ancient artifacts have led her to an even bigger conspiracy, and an even bigger foe. Circe is up to her old tricks, even after all these years—and she has an offer that Nubia will find hard to refuse.

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by DAN WATTERS
    art by LEILA DEL DUCA
    cover by LEE WEEKS
    card stock variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

Our heroes have challenged the gods themselves to a test of bravery for the fate of the Earth. But gods are notorious cheaters, and with Superman’s powers in flux, it falls to Wonder Woman to face down the sun itself! A utopian future awaits—but only if a Kryptonian peacemaker and an Amazon warrior can put aside their differences to become the World’s Finest Heroes!

FUTURE STATE: WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by JOËLLE JONES
    art and cover by JOËLLE JONES
    card stock variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    ON SALE 2/2/21
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US

Emerging from the Amazon rain forest, the new Wonder Woman must battle her way through hell! Witness Yara Flor at the height of her power as she takes on the king of the underworld, Hades himself! Betrayed by a close ally, Yara’s back is against the wall as she is forced to battle legions of demons for survival and to liberate her Themysciran sister. You won’t want to miss the exciting conclusion of this of rising superstar hero’s first adventure!

Covers and variants can be seen here: https://www.ign.com/articles/future-...-february-2021
    I hope there's more to the Hades thing because I really don't like him being associated with Satan. He isn't even normally a Wonder Woman villain so why do writers keep making this mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I hope there's more to the Hades thing because I really don't like him being associated with Satan. He isn't even normally a Wonder Woman villain so why do writers keep making this mistake?
    Hades as a pseudo-Satan is pretty widespread in pop culture so I think for some writers it’s just easy to default to for a villain for Diana giving her Greek connections.

Though I think Rucka was the only writer who really made Hades an active villain in the comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hmmm...maybe Hades will be her father. They made Hades Diana's father in the DCAU, and other forms of media have definitely borrowed from that depiction in today's current depictions.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Hmmm...maybe Hades will be her father. They made Hades Diana's father in the DCAU, and other forms of media have definitely borrowed from that depiction in today's current depictions.
    I'd rather they not.

As an Immortal glad to see Circe is still around and causing trouble! All the WW stuff seems interesting, glad all three WW will be getting stuff to do.

It's a shame the same can't be said for Wonder Girl. No confirmed appearance of either Donna or Cassie, and Cassie's been replaced in the post-Future State comics too, because Yara's taking her mantle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Another Joelle Jones snippet:

I can literally not wait for this. Joelle Jones is a master, and Yara seems like a dope character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a shame the same can't be said for Wonder Girl. No confirmed appearance of either Donna or Cassie, and Cassie's been replaced in the post-Future State comics too, because Yara's taking her mantle.
    Cassie had 24 years.

If anything, it’s weird it’s taken her this long to be replaced compared to her generation cohorts.

Extraordinary Member

Yara Flora by Leila del Duca, who will be drawing Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman:

Extraordinary Member

The Amazon listing for the Future State collection refers to Yara Flor as Maria Flor....so typo? Name change? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Amazon listing for the Future State collection refers to Yara Flor as Maria Flor....so typo? Name change? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yes, some people are confused, but don't fret comrade! Soon the entire world will know her true name!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut