Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC's Red String society (just imagine you don't have a face)

let's channel The Question, shall we? DC has a ton of plot threads that are never tied up, a lot of ideas that coincidentally overlap, and things of the like; all ripe for conspiracy theory crafting! and if you like that kind of stuff then this is the thread for you! this is the place to share and craft whatever theory you want.

so from Lazurus pits water causing insanity in Gotham to Kryptonians are secretly space-faring Atlantians to Captain Atom as Monarch, what are some fan theories/elaborate headcanon that you enjoy or that you have crafted yourself?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-24-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    let's channel The Question, shall we? DC has a ton of plot threads that are never tied up, a lot of ideas that coincidentally overlap, and things of the like; all ripe for conspiracy theory crafting! and if you like that kind of stuff then this is the thread for you! this is the place to share and craft whatever theory you want.

so from Lazurus pits water causing insanity in Gotham to Kryptonians are secretly space-faring Atlantians to Captain Atom as Monarch, what are some fan theories/elaborate headcanon that you enjoy or that you have crafted yourself?
    1. Monarch's armor (which currently has something of a bootstrap paradox attached to it), was originally created by Per Degaton.
    2. Triumph and Moon Maiden aren't actually time-lost members of the original Justice League - they're sleeper agents created by the Lord of Time.
    3. The H on the H-Dials stands for Hypertime.
    4. The original, Earth-Two Speedy works as a fry cook at the Metropolis Planet Krypton. He is very confused.
    5. Moon Maiden originally came from the same parallel Earth as Pariah. You can tell by the purple hair.

Looking over these, it strikes me that there should be a "cosmic conspiracy theory" guy. Rip Hunter came close for a while with his chalkboard, but there really needs to be someone loopier.

* Zeus is behind, or at least plays a role in, the various retcons to Diana's history and that of her supporting cast in order to maintain greater relevance in the world and stop her from eclipsing him and his family and keep the Amazons reliant on him.

* The Land of Nightshades was created by various gods of night and darkness including Nyx.

* Vandal Savage isn't any of the historical figures he has claimed to be. He lies about it because it makes him feel important instead of a millennia old murderer and mad man.

* Roy, Oliver, Deadshot and Emiko are metahumans but they haven't been able to prove it due to lack of proper testing.

* The Shade's power source is a rogue shadow construct created from the Land of Nightshades.

* Humans are more limited in using shadow magic than a Nightshade or someone bonded to the shadow powers.

* The metagene was developed as a result of exposure to various mystical energies and alien artifacts left on earth. In theory, all metahumans are sorcerers with limited magic.

* The alien planets with magic were created by various sorcerers and mystical creatures fleeing earth.

* The reach Scarab was based on studying the physiology of the Martians and the Vuldarians.

Boisterously Confused

There are so many humanoid species in the DC's cosmos b/c those planets were bathed in radiation from the explosion of The Old God's world that split it into New Genesis and Apokalypse.

Extraordinary Member

Starfire did give birth to a child of Dick Grayson on another planet. This was when she was forced to marry a second time before The Final Night.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    1. Monarch's armor (which currently has something of a bootstrap paradox attached to it), was originally created by Per Degaton.
    2. Triumph and Moon Maiden aren't actually time-lost members of the original Justice League - they're sleeper agents created by the Lord of Time.
    3. The H on the H-Dials stands for Hypertime.
    4. The original, Earth-Two Speedy works as a fry cook at the Metropolis Planet Krypton. He is very confused.
    5. Moon Maiden originally came from the same parallel Earth as Pariah. You can tell by the purple hair.

Looking over these, it strikes me that there should be a "cosmic conspiracy theory" guy. Rip Hunter came close for a while with his chalkboard, but there really needs to be someone loopier.
    That would be a cool way to properly expand on all the obscure DC concepts across the DC landscape outside of the Green Lantern mythos. it would be a good way to give some proper nuance to the DC cosmology without a million events.

who would you nominate to fill the role?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-20-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

what are the biggest mysteries left in the DC universe to be theorized on?

currently following:

That would be a cool way to properly expand on all the obscure DC concepts across the DC landscape free of the outside of the Green Lantern mythos, and it would be a good way to give some proper nuance to the DC cosmology without a million events.

The true nature of all the various Crises are unknown to most folks in the universe. I imagine figuring that out would be the "red pill" that could set someone on a path to uncover all sorts of insane connections, conspiracies, etc. I like the idea that it's someone not super-powered or cosmic so that the scope of these conspiracies would overwhelm this person to the point of almost madness. (which all conspiracy theorists need a touch of)

I have no idea if he's been rebooted or what, but DC plays fast and loose with that anyway - the second someone isn't on a title and steps out of the spotlight, literally anything can happen to them and their continuity. SO..... I nominate Pariah. Fill in his backstory, reboot it, reinvent him but I think that rather than be a passive observer to disaster, he's decided to take action and pursue these insane, cosmic truths and uncover them, whether or not it's to his own detriment. And the new status quo still woks with his name since most people will think he's a crackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The true nature of all the various Crises are unknown to most folks in the universe. I imagine figuring that out would be the "red pill" that could set someone on a path to uncover all sorts of insane connections, conspiracies, etc. I like the idea that it's someone not super-powered or cosmic so that the scope of these conspiracies would overwhelm this person to the point of almost madness. (which all conspiracy theorists need a touch of)

I have no idea if he's been rebooted or what, but DC plays fast and loose with that anyway - the second someone isn't on a title and steps out of the spotlight, literally anything can happen to them and their continuity. SO..... I nominate Pariah. Fill in his backstory, reboot it, reinvent him but I think that rather than be a passive observer to disaster, he's decided to take action and pursue these insane, cosmic truths and uncover them, whether or not it's to his own detriment. And the new status quo still woks with his name since most people will think he's a crackpot.
    oh I like that! i especially dig the reasoning of it just being a normal person, no metahuman abilities or cosmic destiny or anything; just a dude (or lady, yall dudes too ). it leads itselfs well to the existential nature of dealing with the lofty concepts you'd come across dealing with these crazy cosmic conspiracies and hidden truths. I also think by having them be a literal social pariah you could weave in opposition from all sides, people like the Green Lanterns trying to block them from uncovering things even the Oans don't want to get out. Hell, maybe things the Justice League don't want to get out; they've dabbled in some pretty choice information about the Multiverse that I'm sure not everyone is privy to.

I would want to see them as an actually effective Rorschach, where we could see him having arcs where he successfully shares some of this important information to the people of the Multiverse. wait, did I just pitch Super-Snowdenman?....
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-20-2020 at 01:12 PM.

currently following:

Nothing wrong w. revisiting Tim in this role. I mean, his chalkboard was great.
    I’d say Adam Strange, but he’s got some great stuff going on right now.
    Maybe Vril Dox, or Jemm Son of Saturn? I’m leaning more towards Dox.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

That a nice deep dive. Interesting take!

That would be a cool way to properly expand on all the obscure DC concepts across the DC landscape outside of the Green Lantern mythos. it would be a good way to give some proper nuance to the DC cosmology without a million events.

Space Cabby, of course. Who else could could you plausibly see rambling on about the various conspiracies of the cosmos to his captive passenger audiences? And getting roped into them, ta boot?

BTW, my Space Cabby headcanon says that the Space Cabbies were founded by Doiby Dickles after he popped of to Myrg to marry his space princeress.

Space Cabby, of course. Who else could could you plausibly see rambling on about the various conspiracies of the cosmos to his captive passenger audiences? And getting roped into them, ta boot?

BTW, my Space Cabby headcanon says that the Space Cabbies were founded by Doiby Dickles after he popped of to Myrg to marry his space princeress.
    I like the Pariah interpretation but I feel Space Cabbie would be a far funnier take on the concept. However, while I may not be the biggest Space Cabbie expert, I feel like his character (especially his cooler more rugged post-Flashpoint version) is far too laid back to be the conspiracy theory guy. I read him more as the type to just happen to get tangled in a conspiracy rather than to be actively seeking one and putting the piece together. more of a loner Starlord rather than a cosmic Question, ya know?

I like the headcanon though, a Earthling who married a rich space princess and funded the space cabbies would explain their clearly earth-derived aesthetic. doesn't have to be explained but it's a fun and reasonable explanation that doesn't have to send ripples across the universe to make happen, I dig it.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-24-2020 at 09:32 AM.

currently following:

I have two theories about Duke Thomas. first one is (I have no evidence for it but) I think Duke can see the fourth wall. no evidence besides his powerset but I believe it! the second is much longer, I'll post that later.

currently following:

Boisterously Confused

I like the Pariah interpretation but I feel Space Cabbie would be a far funnier take on the concept. However, while I may not be the biggest Space Cabbie expert, I feel like his character (especially his cooler more rugged post-Flashpoint version) is far too laid back to be the conspiracy theory guy. I read him more as the type to just happen to get tangled in a conspiracy rather than to be actively seeking one and putting the piece together. more of a loner Starlord rather than a cosmic Question, ya know?

I like the headcanon though, a Earthling who married a rich space princess and funded the space cabbies would explain why their clearly earth-derived aesthetic. doesn't have to be explained but it's a fun and reasonable explanation that doesn't have to send ripples across the universe to make happen, I dig it.
    Why make it either/or. Case Space Cabbie as Moe Shrevitz to Pariah's Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Why make it either/or. Case Space Cabbie as Moe Shrevitz to Pariah's Shadow.
    I have no clue who that is BUT i do love a good duo. I mean Space Cabbie does appear to have a bit of a rap sheet with the Green Lanterns, it would make sense that the Pariah's one companion is a guy who regularly finds himself in the underbelly of space society.

currently following: