Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

What's funny is they mention how Bloodrayne, Aeon Flux, and Ultraviolet bombed so Lionsgate cancelled this version of the BW movie. I'm like, "Hmm...I've seen all these movies and own two of them."
    Why is he trying to sound like the wall crawling suit is some weird thing? She actually has that in the comics.

I’ve been listening to the movie score more and more since seeing the film and it’s really grown on me. I don’t know how the hell “Natasha’s Lullaby” wasn’t fully featured apart from its snippets.

I actually think it should’ve accompanied the opening credits.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 07-25-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why is he trying to sound like the wall crawling suit is some weird thing? She actually has that in the comics.
    Probably cuz in the last 20 yrs it's really been downplayed. In the 60's-80's it was more prominent, but in modern times it's rarely used in lue of Nat as a gun toting assassin being played up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    I’ve been listening to the movie score more and more since seeing the film and it’s really grown on me. I don’t know how the hell “Natasha’s Lullaby” wasn’t fully featured apart from its snippets.

I actually think it should’ve accompanied the opening credits.
    Opening credits were absolutely perfect as they are imo. Smells Like Teen Spirit just works on so many levels in that sequence.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Opening credits were absolutely perfect as they are imo. Smells Like Teen Spirit just works on so many levels in that sequence.
    Yeah one of the rare occasions were playing a sad/dramatic cover of a popular song over a sequence didn't make me role my eyes.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

With regards to The Black Widow's feelings for Spider-Man when she told him that Nancy Rushman feelings for him were not her own, Natasha lied. Her memories were intact the while time. Otherwise, how did she know where to find Spider-Man if her memories were temporary lost? Natasha always knew that Spider-Man was Peter Parker the moment for their first encounter in ASM(vol. 1) issue 86. A shame that no Spider-Man writer wanted to have her become a reoccurring ally in Spider-Man's world in the same manner as Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I loved this bit. I'm usually on the fence with with covers like that but it was so haunting and fit the tone and the clips so well.

cover variant

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    With regards to The Black Widow's feelings for Spider-Man when she told him that Nancy Rushman feelings for him were not her own, Natasha lied. Her memories were intact the while time. Otherwise, how did she know where to find Spider-Man if her memories were temporary lost? Natasha always knew that Spider-Man was Peter Parker the moment for their first encounter in ASM(vol. 1) issue 86. A shame that no Spider-Man writer wanted to have her become a reoccurring ally in Spider-Man's world in the same manner as Black Cat.
    I don't know how many people I speak for here, but at least for myself, it would be great if instead of using every character's appreciation thread to talk about how wonderful it would be if they were a Spider-Man supporting character, you would keep this kind of talk to the Spider-Man forums.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I don't know how many people I speak for here, but at least for myself, it would be great if instead of using every character's appreciation thread to talk about how wonderful it would be if they were a Spider-Man supporting character, you would keep this kind of talk to the Spider-Man forums.
    I put him on the ignore list days ago, to see the same message on so many thread was very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Thank youuuuu

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cover variant
    Nice cover.

Also does Nat know who spidey is?
    (not talking about her being a supporting character for him in the slightest or saying that's ok[I don't have an opinion on it], talking about Nat knowing his identity.I feel that is good enough for this thread since BW people would no more about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nice cover.

(not talking about her being a supporting character for him in the slightest or saying that's ok[I don't have an opinion on it], talking about Nat knowing his identity.I feel that is good enough for this thread since BW people would no more about it)
    It was never shown that she knows, at least in the books I read. But there was this time when Peter Parker showed up in San Francisco to interview Daredevil and BW and then all of sudden Spider-Man appeared to help them battle the villain of the week, so one could assume that a super-spy would make the connection between a New York-based superhero showing up in Frisco just as a New York photographer with suspicious ties to Spidey is in town. But then again these were times when Marvel wanted us to believe that nobody in the MU would make the connection between the lawyer Matt Murdock moving to San Francisco and suddenly the vigilante Daredevil also fighting crime there instead of NYC.

To me it would make sense if she figured it out at some time. But I guess she wouldn't let him know.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nice cover.

If she knows post-OMD, it's never been mentioned. If she figured it out on her own pre-OMD, like in chicago_bastard's example, it wouldn't have carried over to present day, because Mephisto made everyone forget. The way I see it, she probably never put in the effort to learn Spider-Man's secret identity—at least not post-OMD. If she did, she would likely be able to figure it out, but it doesn't trouble her, so she lets him keep his secret.

What I would like an answer to is whether she knows Daredevil's secret identity. She must remember living with him and Matt Murdock at the same time, and given the fact that she was the one who helped him the most with the fallout when his identity was first revealed, it doesn't seem right that she wouldn't know. His other (living) ex-girlfriends forgot, but Kirsten still thinks they're two separate people, with Matt being her ex-boyfriend and Daredevil being a superhero that Matt interacts with a lot. Elektra also started out thinking that Matt was her ex-boyfriend and Daredevil was a separate person, but she recently figured out on her own that they're the same. But both Kirsten and Elektra fell in love with Matt Murdock primarily, and it just so happened that Matt Murdock was also Daredevil (especially Elektra, who knew Matt before he even became Daredevil).

With Natasha, she met him first as Daredevil, but she found out his secret identity almost immediately. She has more in common with Daredevil, and she was publicly linked to Daredevil, but she was such close friends with him for such a long time that the line between Daredevil and Matt Murdock barely exists. In Web of Black Widow (2019), Natasha is shown crashing on Matt's couch and talking about personal things in her life, which she wouldn't do unless she remembered their history. It's not explicitly stated, but I think she has to know. Either she recovered all of her original memories from the Weeping Lion in Waid's run, or from the Red Room telepath in Tales of Suspense, or she just put two and two together the way that Elektra did. She can't know as much as she does about both of his identities without knowing that they're the same person.

Have to say I don't find this whole Apogee affair intriguing at all. Too bad the solicits say he'll still be around in the next arc...