Page 377 of 662 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Empress Goddess or Goddess Empress both work for me....
    I prefer the the empress of all goddesses. I'm biased tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do yall think storm is a Mary sue? she is a goddess, a princess/queen, expert strategist, expert h2h, omega level mutant. I mean dont get me wrong I love all of these things and wouldnt change it one bit but do you think an argument could be made she is a Mary sue?

Attachment 87413
    Oh, she's definitely a mary sue. She was born a goddess, a princess and apparently an omega level mutant as well. Every other title she had to earn through hard work. She didn't even truly become a queen until she earned the trust and faith of Bast and Wakanda.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I prefer the the empress of all goddesses. I'm biased tho.

Oh, she's definitely a mary sue. She was born a goddess, a princess and apparently an omega level mutant as well. Every other title she had to earn through hard work. She didn't even truly become a queen until she earned the trust and faith of Bast and Wakanda.
    seeing as though she had to earn the other titles do you think that would be a counter to the argument she is a Mary sue?

and doesnt black panther drop this week? where is the preview?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Alternate cover art by David Yardin from Mighty Thor #2 (July, 2011):

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Alternate cover art by David Yardin from Mighty Thor #2 (July, 2011):

But wow, what a moment. A moment that is most pleasing to me in her career.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

seeing as though she had to earn the other titles do you think that would be a counter to the argument she is a Mary sue?

People would still cry about her being a Mary Sue. Just like everyone championed "most powerful marvel hero" Captain Marvel, but batted not one eye when Monica Rambeau was depowered, someone will always find a reason to complain that their white female (or male) fav isn't as powerful as Storm. Look no further than the omega level classification thread. Storm will naturally be too powerful for some to handle without taking offense to it.

do yall think storm is a Mary sue? she is a goddess, a princess/queen, expert strategist, expert h2h, omega level mutant. I mean dont get me wrong I love all of these things and wouldnt change it one bit but do you think an argument could be made she is a Mary sue?

Attachment 87413
    At some point during a characters long career they will be considered a Mary or Gary Sue... it's inevitable
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The term "Mary Sue" while it could be applicable to Storm, I guess (I don't see her as such) is irrelevant because she's very rarely written as one...at least not in the X-Men. An argument could be made for her depiction in recent Black Panther but that's tenuous.
    Besides, "Mary Sue" is the ineffectual sword and shield of discontented fan-boys who have no better argument and as such, should never be taken seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The term "Mary Sue" while it could be applicable to Storm, I guess (I don't see her as such) is irrelevant because she's very rarely written as one...at least not in the X-Men. An argument could be made for her depiction in recent Black Panther but that's tenuous.
    Besides, "Mary Sue" is the ineffectual sword and shield of discontented fan-boys who have no better argument and as such, should never be taken seriously.
    Damn, that was deep!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I can't remember how long it lasted, but Storm was without her powers for a while and she still became the leader of the X-Men through sheer force of will. She was reduced to a child state and she was still a strong enough person to make people feel that she was a leader even in that state. Honestly, I noticed lately there is a push back from incel males who are intimidated by any strong female character in comics or movies. They get mad when any female character gets a lead position on any team these days.

Storm is one of the top female characters in all of Marvel Comics and honestly people who call her a Mary Sue are just a bunch of misogynist incel jerks.

No not really. She’s written with quite a few flaws and vulnerability (physically and emotionally). She’s highly intelligent, possesses strong intuition and is proficient in many ways, but she doesn’t always make the best choices, misses opportunities to leverage her influence and agency (but definitely recognized in HoX #5) and struggles with confidence in her decisions at times.

With respect to her power and skills Storm tends to be in the top echelon in most categories but isn’t usually the #1. Like while she’s a skilled tactician and strategist Cyclops tends to shine in those areas more than anyone (save for may be BP & Doom). She’s highly skilled in h2h and certain weapons but (from the X-roster) I’d put Psylocke, Wolverine, X-23, Gambit, and Cable as her superiors in close quarter combat (based on their accomplishments on panel). And while she’s tough she, like most “glass cannons”, is physically vulnerable. I like to see her defensive capabilities explored/touched on more.

I'm very curious to hear your thoughts mainly on Hickman's characterization of ororo this issue. I do however think you will like it. please relay your thoughts when you finally read it.
    I thought issue #5 was pretty damn good. I liked multiple parts of the book (Emma’s unscrupulous but necessary manipulation, Magneto and Xavier’s interactions throughout) but High Priestess Storm was the star of this issue. She had such clear presence and resonated with everyone she engaged. Even Magneto & Xavier had to pause. I don’t get the whole “cult” vibe but to each their own lol. I took it as more about building mutant pride, a sense of duty and recognition of the sacrifices made for the cause. Almost like burying a soldier except the mutants can bring them back.

I am skeptical as hell about the intentions of the villains. I don’t see how Apocalypse could speak for all of those very ambitious. I see that part of Krakoa being a major area of contention and wouldn’t be surprised if there was a covert security team put together to track and prepare for the inevitable betrayal that will be coming from them. It’s where practicality clashes with idealism, and I think its a mistake to blindly trust Apoc’s word on behalf of some very powerful, cunning and calculating villains. Personally, I’d like to see the X-Men rise to the occasion and surprise them with their ruthlessness when that time comes.

Hickman did a great job crafting this story. So many characters got an opportunity to have their voice heard, and in such compelling and impactful ways. With such a big cast it really speaks to the skill level of his storytelling. Plus - he applied canon! The Storm, Jean & Cyclops interactions specifically ! It enriches & makes the story so more authentic when characters’ experiences, growth and personal relationships are recognized in meaningful ways. Plus - how awesomely powerful is Xavier. Backing up all of those mutant minds on a weekly basis?!

This issue had me asking so many questions:

1. What will the leadership structure of Krakoa look like and where will Storm fit into that? I don’t it just being Magneto & Xavier running the show.

2. What roles do each of the omegas fulfill? We saw Hope but what about Storm? Beyond the obvious applications of her powers (though I wouldn’t mind seeing her connection to life and the biosphere touched as another direct relationship to Krakoa) she also obviously connects to the people of Krakoa, demonstrating the ability to inspire, embolden & influence.

3. Besides Wolverine what do the X-Men who fought these villains (nearly dying in some instances) think of Xavier accepting them into Krakoa? Villains aren’t just powerhouses some can also influence and inspire change.

There is more but I’ll stop here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I can't remember how long it lasted, but Storm was without her powers for a while and she still became the leader of the X-Men through sheer force of will. She was reduced to a child state and she was still a strong enough person to make people feel that she was a leader even in that state. Honestly, I noticed lately there is a push back from incel males who are intimidated by any strong female character in comics or movies. They get mad when any female character gets a lead position on any team these days.

Storm is one of the top female characters in all of Marvel Comics and honestly people who call her a Mary Sue are just a bunch of misogynist incel jerks.
    Well said.

Preview is just Shuri sparring and talking to "Mother" in Memeory Plane.

Speaking of ....

What are your thoughts on Storm Connection to Karoaka.

We all know Storm has a link to the Earth & Environment .
    We seen her communi with her plants and Nature.
    Does that connection work with her and kakroka and vice versa can the island in a sense feel Storm especially when she is unleashing..

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Frighteningly stunning. Wow.

though Storm looks REALLY young here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/