Page 523 of 865 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    You speaking of those softcover Mister Blueberry's Aaltomuoto? If you're up for a challenge LJ then know that those will be published in Dutch in hardcover at the same dimensions
    Aaarghhh! Well, it'll be mainly for the art since I have the stories themselves in German already. Any links to these editions?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Aaarghhh! Well, it'll be mainly for the art since I have the stories themselves in German already. Any links to these editions?
    Page 9 here: http://www.sherpa.nu/Sherpa_catalogus_2016_preview.pdf But it's not very informative yet, since it'll be in August (will probably turn out to be December, knowing this publisher, but what they publish is beyond excellent!!)

Is there any ambitious project that would attempt to list all editions of his work? besides comicbookdb

Page 9 here: http://www.sherpa.nu/Sherpa_catalogus_2016_preview.pdf But it's not very informative yet, since it'll be in August (will probably turn out to be December, knowing this publisher, but what they publish is beyond excellent!!)
    Thanks, but are you sure it's at that size? I cannot find any information on the actual dimensions. I'm also interested in the luxe edition of Angelface, which might be the same size as those other two.

Thanks, but are you sure it's at that size? I cannot find any information on the actual dimensions. I'm also interested in the luxe edition of Angelface, which might be the same size as those other two.
    100% certain, they'll be in 'groot formaat' which is 34,8 cm tall for those Blueberry's like the upcoming Angel Face and the books in the picture below. All of them in b/w for the main stories and with the extra's in colour. Same size for the Lone Sloane books, but those are in colour.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Is there any ambitious project that would attempt to list all editions of his work? besides comicbookdb
    You could try here. Dutch (Belgian) website, but when clicking on each title it gives you more info about other language editions: http://www.stripinfo.be/lijst.php?auteur=15410

100% certain, they'll be in 'groot formaat' which is 34,8 cm tall for those Blueberry's like the upcoming Angel Face and the books in the picture below. All of them in b/w for the main stories and with the extra's in colour. Same size for the Lone Sloane books, but those are in colour.
    That is smaller than the French b&w editions then, which are 40x30 cm.

Yeah I have both versions and the French ones are the same size as the Humanoids coffee table sized books so quite a bit larger than the (excellent) Dutch editions. They're also artists editions (although printed in B&W instead of colour, sadly) with some pencil lines and corrections. For some reason the XIII one is just the B&W linework, no pencils and corrections in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I recently bought Incal, Before Incal, Final Incal as well as Metabarons. And IDK, should I worry about the sewing?

The pages comes across as a bit wobbly. It's as if they're stuck in a bend, a bit arched. It's possible to shut the covers, but if they're laying flat they don't close properly. My main worry is if I'll put them in a book case, that it'll stress the sewing.

Metabarons also had a couple of pages not properly cut (which I had to cut open), as well as being folded. I'm thinking of getting it replaced since seems easy enough to order more copies of it. But I'm not so sure the Incal books will be as easy, or if I'm able, to get them replaced.

Any ideas? Anyone who had similar experiences?

Attachment 32682
    Attachment 32683
    My copy of the newest printing of Metabarons had excess glue, pages stuck together, etc.

I just finished Divinity and while I enjoyed it, the whole thing felt like the prelude to a comic and not a comic itself. Is this an ongoing or was it a mini?

I will say it felt a lot like I wish Grant Morrison's comics should be. It has the symbolism and multi-layered-ness that keeps you thinking but doesn't lose a strong narrative that you can follow.

Valiant is the most consistently interesting comic company out there for me. The only books I haven't enjoyed are Harbinger and Unity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I just finished Divinity and while I enjoyed it, the whole thing felt like the prelude to a comic and not a comic itself. Is this an ongoing or was it a mini?

I will say it felt a lot like I wish Grant Morrison's comics should be. It has the symbolism and multi-layered-ness that keeps you thinking but doesn't lose a strong narrative that you can follow.

Valiant is the most consistently interesting comic company out there for me. The only books I haven't enjoyed are Harbinger and Unity.
    I guess you could kinda say, it's an ongoing series of minis...? Divinity II is either out or almost out.

It was mini but a sequel, Divinity II, is being released in April.

Curious about your thoughts on Harbinger. Joshua Dysart's run following Peter Stanchek in Harbinger to Toyo Harada in the current Imperium has been my favorite thing to come from the publisher and one of my favorite runs in the medium from the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post

I picked up the first Harbinger hardcover when it came out and vehemently hated it, even apart from the fact that it was stupidly mapped-out in terms of Harbinger Wars. I also gave X-O a try and liked that better, but not enough to keep going. If it was revealed that Aric was actually the villain of the comic it would make more sense and maybe be more compelling, but there was just no real character development or people to hang our hats on. After that I gave up on Valiant, even though I love VH1.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I picked up the first Harbinger hardcover when it came out and vehemently hated it, even apart from the fact that it was stupidly mapped-out in terms of Harbinger Wars. I also gave X-O a try and liked that better, but not enough to keep going. If it was revealed that Aric was actually the villain of the comic it would make more sense and maybe be more compelling, but there was just no real character development or people to hang our hats on. After that I gave up on Valiant, even though I love VH1.
    For me it was the opposite, I loved harbinger but didnt really get on board with xo manowar. The 2ND volume of xo was much better in my opinion, I dont know what about volume 1 didnt do it for me. I pretty much have loved all the volume 1s that I have read, apart from shadowman, which I still enjoyed, just didn't blow me away. I think I might be in the minority, but I actually adored quantum and woody, I dont usually laugh when I read books. I feel like Q&W is what early deadpool was aiming for

Spectacular Member

There's a precedent for that: the latest "Edena Integral" (complete collection) by French publisher Casterman is 408 pages at 35.3 x 22.6cm (about 14x9 inches - as a reference: that is more than one inch taller than a DC Absolute). I was actually thinking about getting it, but I have most of the volumes in single HCs already.
    Thanks a lot for this!

I did a bit of digging, and while it's out of stock on EU amazon's (and is going for crazy prices on eBay), I found a local retailer that had a new copy for 50 EUR so jumped on it even though I promised myself I wouldn't spend another dime on books this month... Oh well.