Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Voyager?

As I've said in other threads, she'd have to be time displaced for that to be possible as she wasn't even born yet when the Avengers were founded, let alone an adult. Of course, Val can easily gain access to a time machine, thanks to Uncle Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, even with all the information I've seen, I'm going with Valeria Richards.
    it's a possibility, now.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    It's Black Swan
    You read my mind. For some reason i think this is a version of Black Swan.

I'm guessing that whoever she is she has folded herself into 616 history intentionally and is in hiding from someone/something. She's hiding within the established history of the Marvel Universe.

I doubt she's permanent, as Jarvis sensed something was off. I love how 'retro' she looks, though.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I'm guessing that whoever she is she has folded herself into 616 history intentionally and is in hiding from someone/something. She's hiding within the established history of the Marvel Universe.

I doubt she's permanent, as Jarvis sensed something was off. I love how 'retro' she looks, though.
    Not sure about hiding, but I agree this isn't as simple as someone going back in time and jumping into the events. this looks like some kind of reality manipulation or reality shift. Why else would people be almost remembering, and frankly why would Riri forget the Avengers battle cry and no one actually correct her. Its all a big Somebody Else's Problem Field, as Douglas Adams would describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    why would Riri forget the Avengers battle cry and no one actually correct her.
    nothing sinister about this. it was a failed attempt at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    nothing sinister about this. it was a failed attempt at humor.
    I am not so sure. It would seem a very poor attempt at humour, perhaps the clumsiness is just because it seems clumsy as opposed to actually being clumsy. We will see soon I am sure.

Astonishing Member

Yeah between Jarvis himself saying something felt off, and Riri not remembering the Assemble term AND the other heroes not actually saying it but mentioning how it made them feel it definitely seems like they're trying to say Avengers Assemble! was never uttered because of whatever Voyager's story will be. Presumably like most time stories those CLOSER to the term IE longer running heroes or characters connected to the team have a bigger echo of the terms existence.

And yeah it's certainly vague but I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Voyager being a time displaced Valeria.

This 'Avengers founder' isn't named Voyager. We'll reveal her name later this afternoon.
    https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/913787351071109127

Astonishing Member

Newsarama.com's Interview with TOM BREVOORT on AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER Weekly Series.

.......And yes, Mr. Brevoort is being evasive about Voyager's name, IMHO.

Valerie Vector... well, the first name is only one letter off from Valeria. Does the name Vector mean anything to the Fantastic Four?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Valerie Vector... well, the first name is only one letter off from Valeria. Does the name Vector mean anything to the Fantastic Four?
    Well...the U-Foes, an evil counterpart to the FF, have a member named Vector.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not that I can think of... And would the FF really be involved? This seems more like an Avengers-centric story, if it's going to be the equivalent of Avengers: Disassembled - the FF and their world only had tertiary roles at best, to play in that story.

Vector is one of the U-Foes, who I don't recall if they met the FF, though for quite some time fans drooled over the possibility.

If of course in recent years they met, I may not know of it - - don't believe it happened in their own comic.

However... U-Foes were a concept that 'punked' FF a bit. Their backstory is that they deliberately recreated the FF's cosmic ray experiment, but with intentions on getting more exposure/power. Could VV be a child of Vector and another U-Foe, or perhaps someone else? Valeria appears n Marvel Legacy # 1(which I haven't seen yet), so we know that FF are tied into that and that Legacy is tied into No Surrender with the Voyager mystery.

At any rate, this does seem to dash my hopes or thoughts that V was Janet and Havok's out of time child that was kidnapped by Kang. That would have worked too, you know.

Johnny definitely is involved.