Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1265

what is the latest major story arc for the summer?

what happened to the new Power Girl and her relationship with Slade?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the latest major story arc for the summer?

what happened to the new Power Girl and her relationship with Slade?
    I think Deathstroke RIP will likely last from 44-50, closing out the run.

Power Girl hopped into the dimension where Karen, the other Power Girl, was stuck, but got stuck herself when everyone thought she was dead.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

"Deathstroke" has got to be the stupidest name ever thought up; it just sounds too soft to me. "Slade" has a much harder sound to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think Deathstroke RIP will likely last from 44-50, closing out the run.

Power Girl hopped into the dimension where Karen, the other Power Girl, was stuck, but got stuck herself when everyone thought she was dead.
    I wonder if Priest will resolve that plotline before his run ends.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    My hope? Deathstroke isn't really dead, but his spirit gets stuck in the same place as the Power Girls, and helps them get out.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Might have been blocked by editorial but I do hope to see Tanya again one last time at least.

Interview with Priest.

Number 50 is the end of Priest's run.

I haven't read the latest issue but I will later.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised that Terra who always has an opinion and speaks her mind said nothing at the funeral. It seems like Rose and Jericho are both headed for heel turns.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Interview with Priest.

Number 50 is the end of Priest's run.

I haven't read the latest issue but I will later.
    Awesome interview! I am glad Priest is working to an endgame on his own term - and can't wait for next month! The devastation of 44 was top tier, as always!

Makes sense that since Priest sees the series being about Deathstroke’s failures as a father, he’d end his run focusing on Slade’s kids: Jericho and Rose. I’m disappointed that it doesn’t seem like DC is offering him another book but so be it. This run has made me a fan of Slade and that’s the goal of every comic book writer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Makes sense that since Priest sees the series being about Deathstroke’s failures as a father, he’d end his run focusing on Slade’s kids: Jericho and Rose. I’m disappointed that it doesn’t seem like DC is offering him another book but so be it. This run has made me a fan of Slade and that’s the goal of every comic book writer.
    Exactly. Every DS book before hasnt hit points that Priest's DS did. The run before this one felt like it was just trying to capitalize on Slade's new mainstream popularity and mixed him with Batman,Superman,WW and Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Exactly. Every DS book before hasnt hit points that Priest's DS did. The run before this one felt like it was just trying to capitalize on Slade's new mainstream popularity and mixed him with Batman,Superman,WW and Harley.
    I mean, Priest has used Batman, Robin, the Teen Titans, and Superman very effectively. But the Daniel/Bonney run just seemed like an excuse to have lots of punch ups.

I haven't read anything with Sinestro for a while, but whats up with his ultraviolet ring? Where did that come from?

Not sure if Raptor is really alive or if Priest ignored Nightwing's last arc with Raptor. But I'd prefer if he was alive since that Nightwing arc was pretty bad in my opinion.

As for the issue itself, I liked it. Both kids can become next Deathstroke, but I doubt that it will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't read anything with Sinestro for a while, but whats up with his ultraviolet ring? Where did that come from?

Not sure if Raptor is really alive or if Priest ignored Nightwing's last arc with Raptor. But I'd prefer if he was alive since that Nightwing arc was pretty bad in my opinion.

As for the issue itself, I liked it. Both kids can become next Deathstroke, but I doubt that it will actually happen.
    The Ultraviolet ring was created by Scott Snyder in his justice league run.

For some reason I could see Jericho breaking bad at the end of the arc.

September solicit is pushing that idea of Jericho turning bad even further:

After being pronounced dead, Slade Wilson awakens in his daughter’s apartment with no memory of how he got there. Meanwhile, Jericho’s newly discovered powers continue to escalate, severing the now-godlike Joseph from his own humanity. Will absolute power corrupt Deathstroke’s good son?