Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I mean I wouldn't probably, and yet ... it seems particularly strange that a vigilante paramilitary group that just defied their own governments orders is ... now taking their orders?
    Military is eleted but the government isn't? good work Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    But that's what I trying to say that doesn't seem like anything possible to me - there's really nothing that another mutant genocide could contribute to the narrative. Krakoa's history is already built on the ruins of Genosha and Decimation, and the Arakki have suffered for centuries. What Arakko offers to Hickman's run is a new ideological divide
    My point is that we would have a sudden political divide within Krakoa itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Military is eleted but the government isn't? good work Krakoa
    The X-men aren't the military. Scott makes it clear that they are seperate from his role as Captain Commander when the QC needs an army to defend the nation. As it stands, Krakoa has no formal military, just the 4 Captains and every citizen whom opts to join in on fighting when need be as we have seen in Empyre and XOS

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men aren't the military. Scott makes it clear that they are seperate from his role as Captain Commander when the QC needs an army to defend the nation. As it stands, Krakoa has no formal military, just the 4 Captains and every citizen whom opts to join in on fighting when need be as we have seen in Empyre and XOS
    That is even worse, they are electing just a random group

Since they're supposed to represent the people of Krakoa, I imagine part of they're role is to limit the Quiet Council's power.

The X-men serve to be heroes and it seems to be similar to what the Astonishing X-men from Whedon's run aspired to be. They will likely tackle smaller issues across the globe that doesnt involve defending Krakoa. As of now, there isnt really a heroic team in place for this

I do think Cyclops should step down from Captain Commander, let Bishop step up. The X-Men should be separate from Krakoas Government. Hopefully they're not chosen like the X Factor

In all honesty, "what the hell are the X-Men supposed to do now" is precisely the kind of question that Hickman keeps making these data pages for.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I do think Cyclops should step down from Captain Commander, let Bishop step up. The X-Men should be separate from Krakoas Government. Hopefully they're not chosen like the X Factor
    Agreed. Its a clear conflict of interest, especially if he truly wants them to be separate from the QC's influence

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Since they're supposed to represent the people of Krakoa, I imagine part of they're role is to limit the Quiet Council's power.
    X-men role is to be heroes, QC is to elaborate laws, trade deals and government decisions. I don't see X-men making C weak

Magik
    Bishop
    Gorgon

And I'd promote another supervillain who is good at planning like Shadow King

The X-men is suppose to be the government's Avengers but not beholden to them like the Avengers eventually stepped out and tried to become. I don't understand whats so hard to understand about that. Why do any of these nations need any of these super hero teams running around. Alpha Flight, Squadron Supreme, etc etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Magik
    Bishop
    Gorgon

And I'd promote another supervillain who is good at planning like Shadow King
    I cant see Shadow King leading anyone into battle. We dont really need 4 Captains. Thats never really came into play and Scott and Illyana are the only ones that did anything in their roles. There really isnt any clear definition of the roles outside of Commander being the head boss. If Scott were to leave, Id just promote Bishop and leave them as a trio

The reason why its so confusing is that you really can't go back to being a general superhero group when you have this Krakoa setup. Even now, being elected positions (annually, apparently) means that this is a group acting in the interest and behest of Krakoa. So its basically another paramilitary group like Marauders or X-force, just picked by the people of Krakoa. And there's no indication that they are opposing the QC or balancing them out. They aren't spontaneously creating a new branch of government, at least based on what they said here. That why its so confusing.

And talking about the possibilities of Jean's replacement just reminds me of the absolute nothing her position on the council amounted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant see Shadow King leading anyone into battle. We dont really need 4 Captains. Thats never really came into play and Scott and Illyana are the only ones that did anything in their roles. There really isnt any clear definition of the roles outside of Commander being the head boss. If Scott were to leave, Id just promote Bishop and leave them as a trio
    Gorgon is fine then? only explodey boy and Rockslide got the blow of dying on otherworld