Page 128 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Probably because this forum is not the center of the world.
    For months the run was taken over by crossovers, some I even like (Flash), only in the last issues the plot "returned" to what it promised at the beginning, and it's not going. We will only know the reception of this in 2 or 3 months.
    Even so, on the sales list Nightwing is doing nothing much.
    It's normal for a well-received Nightwing run.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sucks for Nightwing,
    Not so much. This run is doing very well and I don't think I've ever known Nightwing to generate so much online buzz since I got into comics. That's a big boost for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    For months the run was taken over by crossovers, some I even like (Flash), only in the last issues the plot "returned" to what it promised at the beginning, and it's not going. We will only know the reception of this in 2 or 3 months.
    Yeah, issues collected in the first trade were generally praised by everyone so it is not that surprising that it is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not so much. This run is doing very well and I don't think I've ever known Nightwing to generate so much online buzz since I got into comics. That's a big boost for Nightwing.
    True that, but I had character development and things like that in mind. Very little is actually happening in this run.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing Rebirth.
    Yeah but during Rebirth almost all DC comics started with very high sales. So Nightwing was at least in relation to other DC books not doing exceptionally good, now he is doing good, while everything not Batman has terrible sales, and Batman seems to perform as usual.

I doubt it's going to have a massive fall down on popularity cause the previous issues had the same pacing.

I don't remember the last time some single issues and TPBs of Nightwing sold out. I certainly don't remember happening during Seeley's run.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I guess I'm not surprised the run is selling well because people like to consume what Taylor writes, but I feel like we should be getting more out of a Nightwing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I'm not surprised the run is selling well because people like to consume what Taylor writes, but I feel like we should be getting more out of a Nightwing book.
    While i'm enjoying the run, i actually agree with this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I doubt it's going to have a massive fall down on popularity cause the previous issues had the same pacing.

I don't remember the last time some single issues and TPBs of Nightwing sold out. I certainly don't remember happening during Seeley's run.
    I meant monthly.
    As for the TPs, I think the first one is very good, it sold out even in Brazil.
    But if I'm not mistaken it was released in hardcover, Seely was released in hardcover only in the Deluxe edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The Art is ok, but imo nothing really exceptional.
    Wow, that might be one for the controversial opinion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. There's too much cameos and fan service. It's all sizzle and no steak. Dick has made zero progress in tracking down Heartless. He's doing very little vigilante work. Not exactly what you want from a Nightwing comic

Spectacular Member

I guess my view is controversial too. I don't think the art is "great" either. Pretty, yes, but I don't see the tension I like for Nightwing. For me, Nightwing looks as passive as the story portrays him. I like a more dynamic, grounded art style for Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Wow, that might be one for the controversial opinion thread.
    Why? I mean the art is good but imo not really better than what we have on DC other top characters, and for my taste it looks often to "clean".

And to me the Blüdhaeven in this run just completely lacks the atmosphere it had in Scott McDaniels art.

Why? I mean the art is good but imo not really better than what we have on DC other top characters, and for my taste it looks often to "clean".

And to me the Blüdhaeven in this run just completely lacks the atmosphere it had in Scott McDaniels art.
    Oh it's nothing serious. Just almost every time I see some criticising the run they always make sure to elaborate the problems are with the plot and not the art. Almost every review praises Redondos work. You and OOPS are outliers in that regard. Or at least you appear that way relative to the media I consume

I personally love Redondo. Especially those little close up panels of how Dicks gadgets work.

I think the art is wonderful, I have nothing to complain about it.

The Floppy sales seem also to be extremly strong. The run seems to do much better than any other since flashpoint (and likely also even from before that).

Even if I don't really understand why.
    I does have Babs as a co-star since her solo ended so I'm guessing some of her fans might be pulling Nightwing. Then there's fans like myself and others here who might have issues with the run but don't wish to drop it.

Like someone else said, this forum isn't representative of the Nightwing fandom. Most other places, I see mostly positives about this run. A lot of people are loving it

I’m actually happy Bludhaven doesn’t look like a Gotham copycat, but I think ditching the Rebirth take on Bludhaven as a Las Vegas-esque city was a bad call.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/