Page 93 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 11160
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Even tho their origins differed, I felt MCU Killmonger basically was JMS's Nighthawk, almost to a T. He in theory means well, and is very sympathetic, but he's just too much of a militant deuchbag willing to go to any extreme necessary, for (most) people to be fully behind. But Bast, to see him and Priest's T'Challa interact? That back and forth would be

For me, JMS's Nighthawk is to Walker's NH, what Priest's BP is to Hudlin's BP. It may just come down to preference as none of them were bad depictions but the latter (Walker/Hudlin) felt a little more simplified.

I agree with the hover board with Night Trasher, and/or just some overrall updates from the 90s stuff. I just can't get over the name tho lol. Prowler sounds cool, Nighthawk sounds cool, Night... Trasher? Idk lol
    Yeah, I can agree with that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's a cool idea, i like the second option and the transitioning, like the claws are extending depending on how he flexes., But I want energy weapons to make an appearance in BP 2

Ha ha thanks MoS!

So what your saying is, he needs that Wakandan upgrade with that Hudlin swagger? I think it's about time he got some new powers or something to make him more interesting. I honestly miss him and Tchallas Interactions From Hudlin's run. Give us that plus some new bling power wise, maybe get him a new girl (don't care for JJ TBH) and let him be free
    Yup I think he needs that '98 Priest special. Or that mid-00s Hudlin's sauce. But I'm leaning more towards Priest because i think he needs a complete revamp, if he's gonna be resuscitated to anything relevant. As great as his interactions with BP were, MCU M'Baku is some white ape blood away from taking Luke's entire swag and making buddy obsolete.

Winston is pretty much the bigger, taller, more charismatic version of Mike Colter, and both their marvel characters cater to the same demographic (women who love big dudes.. pause). But MCU M'Baku is like the rich man's version.. it'll be a wrap if/when they make that transfer to the comics
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Ah... well, as mentioned elsewhere, Sunspot is Afro-Brazilian, so that covers him.

Bishop has had several looks over the years, but he's worn dreads more than once (although since he was retconned to Australian Aborigine at one point, they may not count).

She Who Must Not Be Named has ALWAYS looked weird, what with the white hair and cats eyes, but in the 80's, I always thought she had a bit of a Tina Turner vibe. And didn't she wear dreads at one point, too?

Then there's Maggott... and I've got nothing, except possibly his character designer dropped acid at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Storm's excuse is that she's descended from a line of female mystics whose common physical traits were white hair and blue eyes coupled with dark skin. At least, that's the excuse I've heard before.
    Oohhhhhh

*googles Maggot*

*closes google tab bar and walks away*
    Black Panther vs Thor

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ah... well, as mentioned elsewhere, Sunspot is Afro-Brazilian, so that covers him.

Bishop has had several looks over the years, but he's worn dreads more than once (although since he was retconned to Australian Aborigine at one point, they may not count).

She Who Must Not Be Named has ALWAYS looked weird, what with the white hair and cats eyes, but in the 80's, I always thought she had a bit of a Tina Turner vibe. And didn't she wear dreads at one point, too?

Then there's Maggott... and I've got nothing, except possibly his character designer dropped acid at some point.
    Attachment 78040

She rocked braids in her X-Treme look. Last time she was written well in an X-book.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Even tho their origins differed, I felt MCU Killmonger basically was JMS's Nighthawk, almost to a T. He in theory means well, and is very sympathetic, but he's just too much of a militant deuchbag willing to go to any extreme necessary, for (most) people to be fully behind. But Bast, to see him and Priest's T'Challa interact? That back and forth would be

For me, JMS's Nighthawk is to Walker's NH, what Priest's BP is to Hudlin's BP. It may just come down to preference as none of them were bad depictions but the latter (Walker/Hudlin) felt a little more simplified.

I agree with the hover board with Night Trasher, and/or just some overrall updates from the 90s stuff. I just can't get over the name tho lol. Prowler sounds cool, Nighthawk sounds cool, Night... Trasher? Idk lol
    Bro, that Priest/Hudlin comparison has gotten old specially when juxtaposed against JNS/Walker's respective takes on the Nighthawk character.

David Walker's take on Nighthawk was utter garbage.

Hudlin's take on Black Panther is what put the character on the map point blank period.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Attachment 78040

She rocked braids in her X-Treme look. Last time she was written well in an X-book.
    Did Bishop and Sage ever get together? Is Sage still alive? I liked Sage.

That X-Treme book, coincidentally, may have been the last time Bishop was written well. I vaguely remember reading it 17-18 years ago
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That's the era I was thinking of, yes.

Did Bishop and Sage ever get together? Is Sage still alive? I liked Sage.
    They were partners for a while. I don't know if it was ever more than professional. She was last seen about 6 years ago.

ETA: Actually, I'm wrong. She cameoed in this month's Uncanny.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 02-02-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Bro, that Priest/Hudlin comparison has gotten old specially when juxtaposed against JNS/Walker's respective takes on the Nighthawk character.

David Walker's take on Nighthawk was utter garbage.

Hudlin's take on Black Panther is what put the character on the map point blank period.
    Hey man, utter garbage are some strong words!

It was lowkey trash tho... but i'm not sure if it's trash because I came up on JMS's version and was inherently biased against Walker's take, or if the depiction was simply trash point blank. Or if the depiction was fine and it was the rest of the plot that made it trash. But others seem to really have liked it!
    Black Panther vs Thor

They were partners for a while. I don't know if it was ever more than professional. She was last seen about 6 years ago.
    Sigh...

*pours a lil liquor for Tessa*
    Black Panther vs Thor

Whereas Hudlin's BP was more simplified, he was also very charismatic and harder then a mofo, had no problems telling people that, and was funny, even if unintentionally so, but also the biggest thing too, he was shown to be at times, HAPPY. Priest Panther was never happy. Which these aren't big deals and I like both versions but just wanted to throw it out there.

I agree Though o would like that interaction to with Priest Panther (no Ross)

Yup I think he needs that '98 Priest special. Or that mid-00s Hudlin's sauce. But I'm leaning more towards Priest because i think he needs a complete revamp, if he's gonna be resuscitated to anything relevant. As great as his interactions with BP were, MCU M'Baku is some white ape blood away from taking Luke's entire swag and making buddy obsolete.

Winston is pretty much the bigger, taller, more charismatic version of Mike Colter, and both their marvel characters cater to the same demographic (women who love big dudes.. pause). But MCU M'Baku is like the rich man's version.. it'll be a wrap if/when they make that transfer to the comics
    Yeah he needs a revamp, but I'd like him to have they Hudlin swagger though, but your right about Winston M'Baku, I would love for him to show up in the 616.. unfortunately though, so far marvel had been like 1.5/4 for bringing characters in that killed it in the MCU debut (Okoye and nunakia may be the only two, Shuri os trashed and Kilmonger ain't the same.. too... Weak) so if he is to make the jump, he needs someone like Hudlin, Redjack, or Priest who can make the smooth transition and capture that M'Baku charisma.

But I don't see why mcu M'Baku can't be T'Challas boy, and cage can't be his homie either. But I agree, M'Baku may arguably rival cage in strength though

Also. I looked up maggot....

More proof of X office gives no fs about black male mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whereas Hudlin's BP was more simplified, he was also very charismatic and harder then a mofo, had no problems telling people that, and was funny, even if unintentionally so, but also the biggest thing too, he was shown to be at times, HAPPY. Priest Panther was never happy. Which these aren't big deals and I like both versions but just wanted to throw it out there.

I agree Though o would like that interaction to with Priest Panther (no Ross)
    Priest Panther was like 45 years old and bitter lol. Hudlin Panther felt 29 and ready to settle down after years of getting his Drake on. Tho by the end of the run, he felt old too. Or maybe i felt old dealing with all that shit tacked on at the end.

JMS Nighthawk... he felt like angry old man strength personified. The spirit of the old black man who lived through the 50s/60s and seen some shit, and don't feel he gotta be politically correct or polite about anything. Walker's Nighthawk just felt... young and angry? Not quite the weight of the world
    Black Panther vs Thor

Sigh...

*pours a lil liquor for Tessa*
    As I said above, she cameoed in this month's Uncanny.

As I said above, she cameoed in this month's Uncanny.
    I quoted you before the edit!

Now I just wasted my liquor :/
    Black Panther vs Thor