Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

My favorite part was that the Ronin suit has such a reputation that people automatically notice when its out and about, and do something about it. But its also my least favorite thing because it was implemented inconsistently. The LARPer guy should have been instantly attacked shortly after he posted that instagram video, for instance.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the rest of the episodes but feel that this is going to be a forgettable show.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

spoilers:
    The “Uncle” was king Pin right? Nice suit, big guy and it sounded like D’onofrio
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My favorite part was that the Ronin suit has such a reputation that people automatically notice when its out and about, and do something about it. But its also my least favorite thing because it was implemented inconsistently. The LARPer guy should have been instantly attacked shortly after he posted that instagram video, for instance.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the rest of the episodes but feel that this is going to be a forgettable show.
    There aren't that many people who recognize the suit. The Tracksuits (and Maya) want Ronin, they don't care about the suit and from his video as a larper one wouldn't necessarily take it seriously - he's just a larper in a costume. I would think the blurry footage on the news is the only footage of anyone in the suit even if people are aware that there was a vigilante named Ronin causing trouble years ago. It's not like the Tracksuits have high-tech internet notices that would alert them that someone was wearing it - how would they have seen it?

But in general, this show is just meant to be fun - there are tons of other things that don't "make sense" here, especially during the chase sequence in the latest ep. It'd just be nitpicking at this point. Is it weird that for some reason I can't help but think that Hawkeye just spent about half a million dollars worth of trick arrows (especially that one - those don't grow on trees) just to escape the Tracksuit Mafia? (and ruined a bridge )

It's interesting that we've gotten two flashbacks of the main female characters where Clint has impacted their lives in very different ways. I like that once again the D+ series looks at the periphery of the bigger action. In this case, a flunky or henchman getting killed wouldn't normally register, but here we see the other side of it with Maya.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-01-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The only thing that is a little off can be explained by Echo having
    a personal stake in hunting Ronin down.

Killing an Avenger even Hawkeye, can only bring heat that the Tracksuits want no part of.

And if the Tracksuits boss is Kingpin, he is going to really be upset with Maya. Superhero involvement is the last thing
    he wants.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The only thing that is a little off can be explained by Echo having
    a personal stake in hunting Ronin down.

Killing an Avenger even Hawkeye, can only bring heat that the Tracksuits want no part of.

And if the Tracksuits boss is Kingpin, he is going to really be upset with Maya. Superhero involvement is the last thing
    he wants.
    The tracksuits we're yelling that they want him alive while they hunting him in the warehouse. Maya knows better. She can't kill her only lead.

The name of the moving company being called trust a bro got a laugh out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The tracksuits we're yelling that they want him alive while they hunting him in the warehouse. Maya knows better. She can't kill her only lead.

The name of the moving company being called trust a bro got a laugh out of me.
    Considering who the uncle is, "Fat Man Auto Repair" got a laugh out of me.

Also, they escaped from an old "KB Toys" warehouse.... "KB" = Kate Bishop!! It's all connected....

Man, if this is Fisk, he's becoming the poster child for getting beaten by disabled heroes... blind guy, hearing-impaired guy... and if Maya turns on him...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-01-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Incredible Member

getting very interesting , swordsman , kingpin , yelena to come and only 3 episodes left ....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The LARPer guy should have been instantly attacked shortly after he posted that instagram video, for instance.
    Why? The only people actively hunting "Ronin" down at the moment are the Tracksuit Mafia, and they already believe they know the identity of the person INSIDE the suit by that point.

The scene at the diner is one of the few times when the adaption makes fun of the comic costume and agreeing with it. Clint comic costume is ass. His current look a definitely better even if it a bit genetic looking.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Why? The only people actively hunting "Ronin" down at the moment are the Tracksuit Mafia, and they already believe they know the identity of the person INSIDE the suit by that point.
    Because the news broadcast that Ronin was back.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

There's a lot of stuff about comic Echo that I kind of forget about because they're not emphasized so much (her being deaf, her Native American heritage, her prosthetic leg) but these were all at the forefront of her origin story here as we see Maya as young deaf girl stuck in public school with normal kids because they can't afford something specialized while her father teaches her to excel despite her disability.

"Are dragons real?" I take it you haven't seen Shang-Chi.

Echo's "Uncle." I mean, that suit looks like a suit a particular character wore in season 1 of a particular show and that laugh sounded like a particular actor who portrayed said character...and Clint says you don't want to mess with them. I don't want to get my hopes up, but still.

See, this is why we don't play judge, jury, and executioner when fighting crime. You end up making the kids of the people you kill swear vengeance and take over.

Oof. Her comic handprint from her fathers' bloody hand.

What's Kate got against Imagine Dragons?

So Echo can still only speak through sign language and needs an interpreter. Can she talk? Like the only sounds she makes are her grunts when she's fighting Clint. Not that she doesn't make an impression without spoken words.

"Black Widow killed Ronin" It's true...from a certain point of view.

It's nice to see Clint and Kate fighting in tandem and becoming more of a real duo together, and bonding with each other in-spite of themselves. Even if Clint probably feels like the one benefit to losing his hearing aid was not hearing Kate talk all the time.

The Clown is Echo's right-hand-man and her interpreter? And maybe they exchanged his flirtation with Kate in the comics with something brewing between him and Echo? Although he's pretty unrecognizable from his comic self.

I love how geeky Kate got over getting to use Trick Arrows, and while they haven't gotten as crazy as, say, Arrow Trick Arrows, these got pretty creative. Like goo arrow with purple goo! Perfect.

Did Kate just blow up, like, 4 people with that arrow? Shouldn't she be reacting to the fact that she just killed people for the first time and in a very public way?

I knew the moment she didn't realize the use of plunger arrow that they would end up using it.

Pym Particle Arrow! Now there's the kind of Marvel spectacle I've grown to expect.

Oof. That scene with Clint not being able to hear his son and Kate having to interpret was tough, especially when his kid seemed resigned to Clint not making it home for Christmas. I think this moment really helped bond Clint and Kate though.

This show really is kind of mining the contrast between the traditional Hawkeye and the Ultimate Hawkeye and this weird melding of the two that is MCU Hawkeye, where he was the latter for so long and rejects elements of the former even though Kate as a characters seems more in the vein of the traditional Hawkeye from the comics and embraces those traits. Although if Velma would divorce Clint over the classic suit, she has no taste.

I take it that the dramatic break in Clint and Kate's relationship will be finding out that he was Ronin and this is partially his fault. Although it's kind of hard for a guy raising three kids and trying to be best dad to claim he's not a role model...

Did Kate forget she promised to meet that police detective or does she still have time to make that? Assuming the detective doesn't figure out she was the one driving around town causing a ruckus.

Clint met Swordsman in the only way these two could meet.
    The scene at the diner is one of the few times when the adaption makes fun of the comic costume and agreeing with it. Clint comic costume is ass. His current look a definitely better even if it a bit genetic looking.
    I don't see why couldn't just update the classic look like they do everything else (and in fact have already done so in the comics). Better than making Clint look boring and generic, although I admit I'm biased as a classic Hawkeye fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a lot of stuff about comic Echo that I kind of forget about because they're not emphasized so much (her being deaf, her Native American heritage, her prosthetic leg)
    Does she have a prosthetic leg in the comics though? I thought that was a new addition.

Did Kate just blow up, like, 4 people with that arrow? Shouldn't she be reacting to the fact that she just killed people for the first time and in a very public way?
    My guess is they survived. In the MCU characters don't die from such things, remember that Taskmaster blew up a car with Nat and Yelena in it the same way and both of them were fine?
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 12-01-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    So Echo can still only speak through sign language and needs an interpreter. Can she talk? Like the only sounds she makes are her grunts when she's fighting Clint. Not that she doesn't make an impression without spoken words.
    If she was born deaf than I doubt she will talk. Talking when you can't hear yourself will sound very rough.

Pym Particle Arrow! Now there's the kind of Marvel spectacle I've grown to expect.
    It makes me want to see another team up between Hawkeye and Ant-Man.

Although if Velma would divorce Clint over the classic suit, she has no taste.
    She sounds like a woman of culture

I take it that the dramatic break in Clint and Kate's relationship will be finding out that he was Ronin and this is partially his fault. Although it's kind of hard for a guy raising three kids and trying to be best dad to claim he's not a role model...
    I honestly don't see that being the relationship failure point for Clint and Kate. I see Clint telling Kate that he was Ronin as a means to get to her to stop idolizing him and turn her away from the hero life. How the show is going I'm not seeing what can cause their relationship to collapse

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Does she have a prosthetic leg in the comics though? I thought that was a new addition.
    I feel like it's come up before but I'm not sure. I guess it could just be something for the actress.
    My guess is they survived. In the MCU characters don't die from such things, remember that Taskmaster blew up a car with Nat and Yelena in it the same way and both of them were fine?
    I guess, although I'm not sure if that same courtesy holds to mooks. I'm not sure if they would properly address a character killing for the first time and bringing the mood down but what happened seemed kind of excessive if they were just subdued.
    If she was born deaf than I doubt she will talk. Talking when you can't hear yourself will sound very rough.
    I guess they could just subtitle her 100% of the time in the future.
    It makes me want to see another team up between Hawkeye and Ant-Man.
    Kate has to meet Cassie.
    She sounds like a woman of culture
    Not the kind of culture I want to be around .
    I honestly don't see that being the relationship failure point for Clint and Kate. I see Clint telling Kate that he was Ronin as a means to get to her to stop idolizing him and turn her away from the hero life. How the show is going I'm not seeing what can cause their relationship to collapse
    I think if he had been upfront with it from the start it wouldn't have been so bad, but Kate just thinks he's protecting who Ronin is even though I thought for a second she had figured it out.

Oof. Her comic handprint from her fathers' bloody hand.

Clint met Swordsman in the only way these two could meet.
    I was hoping for "at the circus." (why not - they did a whole larping sequence)

There was also the handprint turkey drawing on Maya's wall, which was a nice nod.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The actress has a prosthetic leg.