Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Really? Then it would be amusing if Marvel decided to make that Mandy chick from the first issues of this run shows up during Damnation, and Spider-Marriage fans end up thinking she's MJ going to Las Vegas to confront Mephisto 'cause they kinda look alike. Actualy scratch that, wouldn't be amusing, it'd be hilarious
    Not going to lie...that was my first thought when I saw her turn up in Scarlet.

Less the "confronting Mephisto" part, just the idea MJ was in Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    At this point, I honestly think certain people in the Marvel Office enjoy trolling a portion of their fanbase. Which seems petty and self-defeating to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think certain fans are looking for hidden meanings and things that aren't there and get upset when it turns out things actually weren't anything more than what they seemed.
    Maybe some of both?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe some of both?
    That would be my guess. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

An update as of the conclusion of Damnation

spoilers:
    Mephisto is no longer in charge of his realm. Again. Johnny Blaze presides over hell
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

spoilers:
    Mephisto is no longer in charge of his realm. Again. Johnny Blaze presides over hell
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ha, ha, ha, ha, I did something somewhat similar in my fanfic "Two Lost Souls" (see the Ben Reilly Appreciation Thread). Big Red layed low. I love it.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The only thing that pisses me off is that Scarlet Spider didn't get any lines in this issue.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not going to lie...that was my first thought when I saw her turn up in Scarlet.

Less the "confronting Mephisto" part, just the idea MJ was in Vegas
    Y'know, that kind of shit makes Spider-Marriage fans too easy to troll lol.

As for the conclusion of Damnation spoilers:
    wonder if that means my dumbass theory about Mephisto getting redeemed is gonna happen, 'cause I really don't want that to happen lol
    end of spoilers

Y'know, that kind of shit makes Spider-Marriage fans too easy to troll lol.

As for the conclusion of Damnation spoilers:
    wonder if that means my dumbass theory about Mephisto getting redeemed is gonna happen, 'cause I really don't want that to happen lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't want that to happen either lol.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    I don't want that to happen either lol.
    end of spoilers
    If it got Spider-Marriage back, I'd welcome it with open arms.

Amazing Member

Lot of things going on all at once. Connecting the dots:

spoilers:

A) Spencer and Cates kick Mephisto out of hell - Damnation #4 - out today
    B) Cates has Spider-Man showing up at Strange's door immediately following Damnation - Doctor Strange #390 (out in May)
    C) Something could happen during the final showdown between Peter and Norman parallel to or as a result of Mephisto losing control - ASM #800 (out in May)
    D) Spencer is writing ASM starting in June

In Strange 390, perhaps we get the first tease that something happened in ASM 800 with regards to OMD as a result of Damnation, by Peter showing up at Strange's house and asking all kinds of questions about "something that happened to him," that he knows Strange was behind this but he can't figure out what it all means, and Strange is ignoring him because he's solely focused on trying to win back his friend Zelma Stanton (Here is the solicit: THE DOCTOR IS IN! Strange is back as Master of the Mystic Arts! But the Earth’s magic is still weak — and after DAMNATION, so is Stephen. He needs to get in fighting form and repair his friendship with Zelma - If he can just shake special guest SPIDER-MAN long enough to get some work done!)

Then in 800, we get the full blown restoration of memories that happens at the exact same time as Damnation, showing that because Mephisto lost control OMD is basically cancelled
    end of spoilers

Given that Cates and Spencer have three books across which they are playing with Peter, Mephisto, and Dr Strange, all of whom were centrally involved in OMD, and this is all happening at the same time, there HAS to be something there. If not, it's a HUGE missed opportunity. They should just undo it and at a minimum make Peter and/or MJ remember, but not do much else (meaning no reunions just yet). That would explain the art showing Peter reliving Sensational Annual 2007 in ASM #1, Spencer's first issue out the gate he's got Peter obsessing over MJ.
    Last edited by Green Symbiote; 04-25-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    If it got Spider-Marriage back, I'd welcome it with open arms.
    spoilers:
    I doubt it will. I think Mephisto is so evil redemption is impossible, which is something I don't typically say about characters of any description.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I doubt it will. I think Mephisto is so evil redemption is impossible, which is something I don't typically say about characters of any description.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Marvel redeemed Sabretooth of all people, there's literaly no standards for redemptions.
    end of spoilers

I don't see much point to looking for signs that OMD might be undone. It is possible that a plot thread from years ago will suddenly pop up (as when Damian Wayne was reintroduced about twenty years after Son of the Demon, or when the original Wally West returned after four years of the new 52) but it'll be a big enough event that should it happen, interested readers will know about it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

spoilers:
    Marvel redeemed Sabretooth of all people, there's literaly no standards for redemptions.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Don't forget Galactus and Dr. Doom, two of the most famous and "pure evil" villains, are good guys now. Anything can happen :P
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't see much point to looking for signs that OMD might be undone. It is possible that a plot thread from years ago will suddenly pop up (as when Damian Wayne was reintroduced about twenty years after Son of the Demon, or when the original Wally West returned after four years of the new 52) but it'll be a big enough event that should it happen, interested readers will know about it.
    To be fair, Amazing Spider-Man #795 was all about resolving a plot thread from almost 15 years ago that I'm pretty sure everybody forgot about, which also referenced OMD in it as well, so I wouldn't say it's unlikely that anything would be resolved with it at some point.
    Last edited by Inversed; 04-25-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Did nobody else checked the 10 variants covers for Amazing Spider-Man#800?
    They can be seen in Marvel Website now.
    Have been a while since i saw so many great variants covers for a comic book story,there is even a Spider-Man cover by Moebius!!
    Hopefully my LCS will have the Moebius Variant cover,but if not i can say that any of the others variant covers is great as well.

Last edited by comicscollector; 04-25-2018 at 09:06 PM.