Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-bishop-beg...ain-commander/

I know we talked about it already but wow, they think Bishop becoming a Great Captain could be the worst move the X-Men could ever make.

Isn't Magneto on the Quiet Council along with Sinister and Mystique?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I know we talked about it already but wow, they think Bishop becoming a Great Captain could be the worst move the X-Men could ever make.

They had freaking Apocalypse sitting at the big table on the QC and this article tripping cause Bishop considered killing 2 compromised mutants? And blaming him for Chimeras?

I'm officially on board with your thought of making soon to be Fall Guy Bishop a full-fledged villain and wipe out the damn island.

Trashy hit pieces, we already know the energy they bring when brotha gets any shine.

BANNED

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-08-2021 at 09:57 PM.

LMAO

Such rubbish. They hate to see him winning.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member

That Marauders Annual solicit makes it seem like Bishop will be staying with that team... so this dude becomes a Great Captain, one of the only person with sway over Cyclops and he still has to work under Kate? On the other hand, I'm glad that Bishop and Cyclops patched up. Things got really rough between them, but they never downright hated each other and it seemed like they understood the moves they made.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Trashy hit pieces, we already know the energy they bring when brotha gets any shine.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    LMAO

Such rubbish. They hate to see him winning.
    This, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    They had freaking Apocalypse sitting at the big table on the QC and this article tripping cause Bishop considered killing 2 compromised mutants? And blaming him for Chimeras?

I'm officially on board with your thought of making soon to be Fall Guy Bishop a full-fledged villain and wipe out the damn island.
    Lol, right. They got a whole ass murder's row all up in the island, but one Bishop is just too damn much. The hypocrisy is both hilarious and maddening at the same time.

Amazing Member

Now if only they can start the jean and bishop story of how they will be a romance. bishop/psylocke is still my otp, 2nd bishop/rogue, 3rd bishop/sage, 4th bishop/jean and 5th bishop/valerie cooper. give my buddy some sexy lovin. it will make a nice change when he isnt always on the battlefield.

I just read it and I can't believe they are still doing this. So many heroes went past the point of no return long ago and then you have the forgiven villains and other wastes of Krakoan oxygen hanging about. I thought they would finally do away with this type of hypocrisy. I feel by now not one person even wanted to snarl at Bishop anymore, not the fans, not the characters. I feel they even started to finally trust him again and see him as one of the team again too. I think this is too late in coming. Anyway, to me, Bishops prior actions were outright character assignation and a plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I just read it and I can't believe they are still doing this. So many heroes went past the point of no return long ago and then you have the forgiven villains and other wastes of Krakoan oxygen hanging about. I thought they would finally do away with this type of hypocrisy. I feel by now not one person even wanted to snarl at Bishop anymore, not the fans, not the characters. I feel they even started to finally trust him again and see him as one of the team again too. I think this is too late in coming. Anyway, to me, Bishops prior actions were outright character assignation and a plot device.
    I don’t think it was character assassination. The fact is, bishop was never very popular in the 90’s. He was considered a “reject” character for a long time by the fan base. So marvel took a different route with him to try and make him more interesting. Overall, i have always really loved bishop. I think the reason he was not very popular was because his convoluted backstory paired with he was at odds with gambit who was a fan favorite. This is just my interpretation of events and it may be because i get rather offended when people attack the creative teams in willy nilly fashion so yeah i will admit some bias there. The good news is bishop is getting some much deserved respect to his name. Also, i would like to add i sent marvel fan mail for a while telling them to do something big with bishop because he has so much potential to explore so if you really feel that certain things are not to your liking it is really easy to mail the x office. This has been a tried and true way for decades to get the teams brains simmering on ideas like this so i highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I don’t think it was character assassination. The fact is, bishop was never very popular in the 90’s. He was considered a “reject” character for a long time by the fan base. So marvel took a different route with him to try and make him more interesting. Overall, i have always really loved bishop. I think the reason he was not very popular was because his convoluted backstory paired with he was at odds with gambit who was a fan favorite. This is just my interpretation of events and it may be because i get rather offended when people attack the creative teams in willy nilly fashion so yeah i will admit some bias there. The good news is bishop is getting some much deserved respect to his name. Also, i would like to add i sent marvel fan mail for a while telling them to do something big with bishop because he has so much potential to explore so if you really feel that certain things are not to your liking it is really easy to mail the x office. This has been a tried and true way for decades to get the teams brains simmering on ideas like this so i highly recommend it.
    I'm sorry.... but what? I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

Bishop at the head in this cover. The artist is a fan favorite.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post

Just out of curiosity, are there any hard metrics or data to support the claim that 'Bishop was never very popular in the 90's' or was considered a "reject" character? I might be slightly biased but this in honestly the first I have ever heard those two statements about the character. In fact, I thought he was at his peak of popularity in the 90's due to the animated series if nothing else. He also was a mainstay in both Uncanny and eventually adjective-less, and had multiple limited series. I'm not seeing the asertion that he wasn't popular during the 90's. Maybe I'm missing something so I will gladly accept any solid insight you could provide.

As for the character assassination aspect....well, yeah I'd have to agree that's exactly what it was. The characters personality, motives and even origin were altered just for the sake of bolstering up Hope Summers and Cable. I don't see how we went from the character shown in the 90's and then X-treme X-men to the character we got in Messiah Complex. Attempting to assassinate an infant, accidentally shooting Xavier, and betraying the X-men didn't make him more interesting. It erased all of the progression that the character had accumulated over the years in heavy handed and illogical manner.

Quote Originally Posted by kefkaroth View Post
    Now if only they can start the jean and bishop story of how they will be a romance. bishop/psylocke is still my otp, 2nd bishop/rogue, 3rd bishop/sage, 4th bishop/jean and 5th bishop/valerie cooper. give my buddy some sexy lovin. it will make a nice change when he isnt always on the battlefield.
    I'd rather they bring up an obscure character for him to romance