Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I wonder where Supergirl and Donna Troy would rank on this list?
    I think there was a time where Supergirl was depicted as being faster and stronger then Superman for some reason, but now I think she'd probably be a little below him.

They did a one-off comic recently where she raced Jesse Quick and it was about as even as Superman and Flash, but those "charity" races are harder to gauge and Jesse isn't as fast as a main Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Theoretically, but practically is the difference often at least as big as between Supes and Supergirl(if not bigger).
    Ah hah I see. Well is there any attribute Donna has over Diana? I mean Dick is more agile than Bruce and Wally is considered the faster Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    The portal was the end of the race.
    Except there is nothing to indicate Barry lost, for all we know he went to somewhere else.

The point is, Superman is not in Flash's league speedwise and I have no idea how many times they need to show Flashes beating him flying/running to make you understand it. The recent Flash War & "charity races" ended this debate. Pronto.

Astonishing Member

And of course they would make "Wallace" number 10. Why am I not surprised... He should be top 5 no question, especially above someone like cheetah since he has access to the speed force. But this is DC after all.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And of course they would make "Wallace" number 10. Why am I not surprised... He should be top 5 no question, especially above someone like cheetah since he has access to the speed force. But this is DC after all.
    He's also Kid Flash, and they explicitly state he can get much faster as he grows as a Speedster.

Even OG!Wally was low on the Speedster totem pole when he was Kid Flash. It's why his development into the Flash was as major as it was.

The Speedster known for being young and absurdly fast was Bart.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's also Kid Flash, and they explicitly state he can get much faster as he grows as a Speedster.

Even OG!Wally was low on the Speedster totem pole when he was Kid Flash. It's why his development into the Flash was as major as it was.

The Speedster known for being young and absurdly fast was Bart.
    First, let's not use the fact that he's "Kid Flash" as some defining ordeal on why he should be slow. They make it that way because they decided to, as mentioned in your exact same post, another Kid "Bart" was specifically known for being fast.

Second, it still doesn't change the fact that he's still a member of the speed force, something that Shazam, Cheetah, Wonder Woman, and Superman do not possess.

So hypothetical may be fine in your eyes, but for me, I don't see it changing much. Again, it's DC.

First, let's not use the fact that he's "Kid Flash" as some defining ordeal on why he should be slow. They make it that way because they decided to, as mentioned in your exact same post, another Kid "Bart" was specifically known for being fast.

Second, it still doesn't change the fact that he's still a member of the speed force, something that Shazam, Cheetah, Wonder Woman, and Superman do not possess.

So hypothetical may be fine in your eyes, but for me, I don't see it changing much. Again, it's DC.
    Outside top 10 doesn’t equate to “slow”!

And in general terms there have always been some non-speed force characters in top speed echelon..DC have been consistent over the years in that.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 07-05-2018 at 02:58 PM.

I don’t get your point. Isn’t Wallace an editorial darling? Of anything, Avery is the one who got robbed on this list.

Bart is Barry’s blood relative, he will always have that in his favor.

Wondie and Cheetah are blessed by gods and they are more experienced.

Mighty Member

When they were shown together, they were never shown as equals either.
    Bullshit.

Superman's golden age feats are better than Diana's. Even if Marston was trying to make Diana "equal" to Superman, he was only creating a homage. Not an equal.
    Hommage's are pretty damn often equals and Marston did nothing else than creating a female equal regardless if you like it or not.

And now random red herrings and strawman logic with whatabboutism.

Classic arguments.
    Uhm yeah, that was literally your own logic here buddy...

Right. How did you figure that out?

And what is that supposed to prove?
    This is all just trolling right?

Except it does. The history of these characters is far more important than the opinions of a few posters online.
    Sure, so Supes shouldn't be able to fly but jump instead right?

Superman has always been a rival to Flash in speed, that's not gonna change anytime soon. Their rivalry is a thing of public consciousness now. Nothing is gonna change that.
    Nobody except some DCEU only fans and maybe some very unreasonable Superman fans believes that Supes actually rivals a serious Flash.

Mighty Member

Ah hah I see. Well is there any attribute Donna has over Diana? I mean Dick is more agile than Bruce and Wally is considered the faster Flash
    Nothing that i aware of to be honest.

I think the fact that he's "Kid Flash" should be taken into account since it denotes that he's inexperienced and still growing as a Speedster.

And Bart is mostly known for being Impulse.
    True, but these heroes are older (except for the case of Billy, who's in an older body) and have their own origin for having above-average speed.

They can't surpass Speedsters using the Speed Force but they can keep up with them.

The point isn't that Wallace is slower, it's that he's still growing as a Speedster.

Mighty Member

But you're aware that Cheetah, Wonder Woman and Shazam are all technically empowered by the Godwave which is literally the source of the Speedforce, right?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I wonder where Supergirl and Donna Troy would rank on this list?
    Donna's a lot slower than Diana. Even with her Troia power up. She was still slower than Di.

As for Supergirl, she'd probably be the same as Supes. Biggest thing with Kara is that she doesn't hold back as much as Supes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    But you're aware that Cheetah, Wonder Woman and Shazam are all technically empowered by the Godwave which is literally the source of the Speedforce, right?
    He's made up his mind. I don't think you'll get through to him. Nevermind that Wallace was Wally, who was initially much slower than Barry during his years as Kid Flash. Bart was the outlier.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I’m ok with this list.

Sidebar: that is one UGLY costume for Donna. DC simply refuses to do right by her.