Page 1825 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 825132517251775181518211822182318241825182618271828182918351875 ... LastLast
Results 27,361 to 27,375 of 28258

I think she'll finally get some down time for that in the upcoming AXM annual when she reunites with the O4

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think he's right. That's not to take anything away from Emma, but I think several decades of comics have established Jean Grey as the second most powerful psychic in the Marvel universe behind Charles Xavier. I think that's canon. We've seen Jean rip through Emma's mind before and she could probably do it again, even without the Phoenix Force. Maybe in certain situations, Emma could beat her, but all things being equal, I think Jean has the edge. Although I'm sure Emma fans will disagree vehemently.
    Except than canonically, Emma has beaten Xavier twice.

It's been regularly established that Xavier isn't even top 5 anymore. The list variates heavily based on how Nate Grey is feeling at the moment and if Nathan Summers has the T-O Virus, but both Jean and Emma are canonically more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

It's been regularly established that Xavier isn't even top 5 anymore. The list variates heavily based on how Nate Grey is feeling at the moment and if Nathan Summers has the T-O Virus, but both Jean and Emma are canonically more powerful.
    Nate Grey hadn’t been top tier since the early 00s. He doesn’t really fluctuate as his powers have consistently been portrayed to be depleted from where they once were. Even without the TO virus, Cable wasn’t really shown to be a particularly powerful telepath. His TK primarily benefited from not having that limitation on him

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I'm waiting on Taylor to show Jean having some fun now to sort of complete his take on her. She's been all business so far.
    I think we haft to get Nova out of the way first but I do agree I would love for Jean to have some fun especially finding creative fun ways to use her powers.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wish they'd just do a joint bid and split the assets. Comcast can have Sky TV and Fox Sports (Disney can't keep the regional FS channels). Disney would get the film studio and TV production facilities, which includes the Marvel and Star Wars rights they're missing.
    I di t understand the context of this discussion abd responses in this thread.

For me, Jean is more powerful, and in Red I think she is more nuanced and capable. You can be the most powrful, but that is not the same as being the best. Inthink sometimes Emma would win in a duel wuth Jean, oureky cos of her ruthlessness and dirty tricks, or maybecjust give Jean a good seeing to.

Nate Grey etc irrekevant reallybif not even an active character, andchis powers have been all over the olace.

Now, Exodus, he is powerful, but his powers anf limits overall are quite badly defined, like Poccy and Sinister.

I love how Hean in Red has beeing using her TP in such positive, non destructive ways, with compassion.

I do want to see her TK explored much more too, what are her limits now?

Red isnt coming out till next week.

Bugger, someone kn here told necit was this week!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The way I have kind of always seem it was that Jean has technically more power(as in potential), but that Xavier has mastered the use of his powers to a whooole other level from Jean, Emma or any other telepath.
    Emma has bested Xavier. Jeen can absorb psychic energy hurled at her. Xavier has not shown in recent years more skill than Jean or Emma Frost.

They are not claiming he’s the best. In fact upon his return he made major screw ups with Proteus and the Shadow King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    For me, Jean is more powerful, and in Red I think she is more nuanced and capable. You can be the most powrful, but that is not the same as being the best. Inthink sometimes Emma would win in a duel wuth Jean, oureky cos of her ruthlessness and dirty tricks, or maybecjust give Jean a good seeing to.

Nate Grey etc irrekevant reallybif not even an active character, andchis powers have been all over the olace.

Now, Exodus, he is powerful, but his powers anf limits overall are quite badly defined, like Poccy and Sinister.

I love how Hean in Red has beeing using her TP in such positive, non destructive ways, with compassion.

I do want to see her TK explored much more too, what are her limits now?
    She has said she held back because she was afraid of the Phoenix taking over. That’s not an issue now. We’ve seen Jeen take down the whole Imperial Guard. Even without the Phoenix Jean scares Nova and Black Bolt. She’s very powerful. Plus I think in the back of their minds there’s no reason she can’t call the Phoenix back to her. She is this woman who cannot stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She has said she held back because she was afraid of the Phoenix taking over. That’s not an issue now. We’ve seen Jeen take down the whole Imperial Guard. Even without the Phoenix Jean scares Nova and Black Bolt. She’s very powerful. Plus I think in the back of their minds there’s no reason she can’t call the Phoenix back to her. She is this woman who cannot stay dead.
    We also have no indication that present Jean can use the psionic absorbing power that Jeen has.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

For the most part, writers have always put a heavier emphasis on Jean's TK as opposed to her telepathy imo. Granted, for a chunk of time she did lose her telepathy, but even after that people still seemed to focus on her telekinesis. For Emma, all she really had was her telepathy, up until Morrison. So writers have put more creativity into Emma's use of her abilities, but that doesn't mean Jean is a slouch. Even without the Phoenix, Jean still has far more sheer power than Emma, and I think in the end, will always come out on top. Don't forget, a lot of Emma's more impressive feats happened while Jean was dead, and the White Queen had become the defacto X-Woman. She needed to do stunts like that, because at the time, she was the premier telepath of the X-Men. Rachel was lost in space, and Betsy's character puts a heavy focus on melee combat with her psionic abilities.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Edit: I don't want to derail the thread
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

One of those times was inside Scott's mind, which was presented as a powerful homefield advantage for Emma at the time. I consider Emma a powerful psychic, but not one of the top ones. What she is good at is doing subtle stuff and playing the angles with her power. I'd put Emma against anyone if the power levels were equal, because she is more devious than you. Much like Tavi in the Codex Alera novels, Emma has managed to turn her lower power into an advantage - provided she isn't caught by surprise and forced into a matchup of pure power.

Which is why she would be a great teacher in use of telepathy, because she has been forced to think outside the box so much.

Do you guys really think Extermination is going to send the O5 home? If nothing else came out of the O5 being here, I think young Jean being here help set in motion her adult self’s return. If they do go back it will be interesting to see if they get mind wiped or not.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Do you guys really think Extermination is going to send the O5 home? If nothing else came out of the O5 being here, I think young Jean being here help set in motion her adult self’s return. If they do go back it will be interesting to see if they get mind wiped or not.
    1- I doubt they are going back to their time, marvel has never said they are going back they just mention it in the books but any retcon can solve that.

2- I do believe Bendis and Jeen are the reason we got the adult back.

3- The teens should have an influence on their adultselves but who knows with marvel. I think if they go back, marvel will mindwipe them to evade more baggage.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-11-2018 at 09:53 AM.